Nexen Energy Employee Review

View all Nexen Energy reviews

Outstanding company that thinks "Outside of the Box"
President/CEO-Engineering Consultant (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WA28 October 2013
Nexen is a company that believes in doing things new and different. We encourage creative thinking and have cultivated an extremely creative environment and culture here. Optimistic attitudes and high integrity have helped us to overcome amazing design challenges over the years.

The most challenging thing here is always having to dive into a new technology or idea and having to learn everything about it very quickly. This is also the part of the job that is the most interesting and the most fun. Nexen utilizes a network of professionals that are highly skilled and specialized in their respective fields. It is this teamwork that makes us so effective.

This is the most interesting and fun career I can ever imagine doing. There is no better company than Nexen.
Pros
Never having to do the same type of work twice. Always fresh and new.
Cons
Spokane based. This keeps costs down!

Other Nexen Energy Employee Reviews

Bad management
Control System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 October 2017
The management is very bad. Good people get laid off and un-qualified people stay because of the politics. There is no job security and people are not valued by their performance but by the relationship with the managers.
Pros
free atmosphere
Cons
bad management
Lots of employee attrition, rude managers & employees
Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 October 2017
One of Nexen's cultural values is "Win Together", which rings true - until you say anything that others don't agree with. Then it becomes more like "My Way Or The Highway". Managers are rude, unprofessional, swear, like to humiliate employees, and their major interest is covering their behinds. There's no direction, no consistency, and you'll feel like you're tiptoeing around avoiding setting off landmines all day. AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nexen Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2