Nexen Energy Employee Review

View all Nexen Energy reviews

Great experience, very poor management
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 March 2014
Management was poor, no structure, no support from management team. My co-workers were okay, I've worked with better. The hardest part of the job was the lack of support and training I need to excel in the position. The most enjoyable was the end of the day.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Poor management, lack of support and training and long commute

Other Nexen Energy Employee Reviews

Bad management
Control System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 October 2017
The management is very bad. Good people get laid off and un-qualified people stay because of the politics. There is no job security and people are not valued by their performance but by the relationship with the managers.
Pros
free atmosphere
Cons
bad management
Lots of employee attrition, rude managers & employees
Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 October 2017
One of Nexen's cultural values is "Win Together", which rings true - until you say anything that others don't agree with. Then it becomes more like "My Way Or The Highway". Managers are rude, unprofessional, swear, like to humiliate employees, and their major interest is covering their behinds. There's no direction, no consistency, and you'll feel like you're tiptoeing around avoiding setting off landmines all day. AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nexen Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2