Role: System Engineer
Start date: Immediate
Length: Permanent Full time
Salary: OPEN (based on experience)
Location: Markham, ON.
Systems Engineer Job Description
Our client is the largest custom orthotic services health care provider in North America. They are currently looking to hire a full time Systems Engineer based out of their Markham office. The perfect candidate will poses both strong technical background and business acumen. The right individual will be a strong analytical thinker with a positive attitude and “make it happen” personality. This position will require self-discipline, a certain degree of management and strong technical skills.
As a key person, the System Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of the Infrastructure including:
- Responsible for infrastructure in 3 current locations with expansion on the horizon.
- Ongoing reliability, maintenance and development of the IT infrastructure, including Hardware, Software, Applications, Telephony, Disaster Recovery planning, Documentation and Help Desk Management.
- Working directly with CIO on strategic project planning, execution and delivery.
- Responsible for 2 direct reports, network administrator and help desk administrator
- Assist in transitioning IT team to a sprint/lean process environment.
Skills and Assets
The right individual will have the following soft skills:
- Self-motivated, driven and energetic individual.
- Analytical and systematic thinker. Able to systematically rule out certain scenarios based on facts and not presumptions.
- Able to troubleshoot complex problems and come up with solutions while working under pressure.
- Detail oriented, dependable, organized and able to multi task without losing track of issues and priorities.
- Able to prioritize and meet deadlines at all times. Strong time management is a must.
- Strong team player (who is fun to work with!). We maintain a light atmosphere.
- Travel to branch offices 6-8 times a year. Passport required and ability to travel is a must.
- Person must be available and open to on call emergencies. Outside normal office hours work and weekend support is expected, as is typical with this role - in exchange for lieu time.
Candidate will possess following technical skills:
- Able to analyze, recommend, execute and deliver on new infrastructure initiatives
- Senior role responsible for a complex and diverse infrastructure environment. – 7+ years
- Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 2012 platform skills.
- DFSR replication and file server management (NTFS permissions).
- Best practices on design, setup and implementation.
- VMware Management and Administration – 5+ years
- Active Directory – 5+ years (DHCP, DNS, GPOs, Certificate services, etc.)
- Remote Desktop Services 2008 and ideally 2012 – 3+ years
- Exchange administration – 5+ years
- Office 365 Administration is an asset.
- NetApp SAN Management and Administration. Provisioning space and setup – 3+ years
- VoIP – (FreePBX), Fundamental Understanding VOIP/Phone Line Management. Monitor queues understanding call flow, IVRs etc.
- FAX Server – VoIP Based
- Solid understanding of Network and Switching at design and architectural level in order to be able to troubleshoot issues. Able to configure basic networks and switches as necessary and understand the following technologies:
- VLANs, STP, Trunking, Routing, etc.
- Firewalls – Configuration and management
Priority will be given to candidates that have the following:
- DevOps/Kanban/Lean/Agile experience
- ITIL experience
- SQL DBA experience at infrastructure level
- Experience with CRM and Great Plains
- SharePoint/Infopath experience
- Up to date with all of the certifications relevant to position
- Certifications: MCSE, MCITP-SA, EA, A+, CCENT, VCP5
What they offer
Great working environment with friendly open atmosphere. As this position requires a self-motivated idea driven individual, combined with the environment, this person can truly blossom and grow in this position and environment. We offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Smart phone, laptop, desktop.
- Training incentives.
- Room for growth and promotion.
- External support through vendors and consultants.
Indeed - 8 months ago