News America Marketing Employee Reviews

we put advertising in several stores
Certified Rep Trainer (Current Employee) –  Wilton, CT13 November 2017
I have been News America Marketing for over 8 years. I work under the best boss ever. I have complete confidence in my company. My company is in a competitive market. We are number 1 in our market
Pros
steady work
Cons
no paid holidays or vacation
Very professional environment
Group Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NY and Chicago, IL4 November 2017
News America Marketing is part of the News Corporation. They have an excellent reputation and corporate culture. They train their employees very well, and are dedicated to keeping them fresh and up to date. They provide the resources for their teams to succeed.
didnt like it
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CT3 November 2017
The work hours were way too long and I still had to work after I got home. Would not recommend working there if you can avoid it. They put a lot of pressure on you.
exciting and different on the work days.
Instore Rep, Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX31 October 2017
Nice company to work for, work your own pace as long as work is completed.Meet the deadlines. Learned more about the stores that I had frequented , getting out working among people. The manage that I met is very nice and helpful.
Good Experience
Office Support (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OH2 October 2017
The job was too slow paced to be a full-time position, had to share work with part-time employees and spent a lot of time looking for things to do. Data entry was the bulk of the job. No room for advancement.
Pros
Paid time off/Health Care
Cons
Not enough work
Flexible
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Anderson, IN20 September 2017
It was a good part time job to have, but I was looking for more a full time job. It was very flexible with hours, you could work at your own pace. I did not like how sometimes you dod not have enough equipment for stores you had to work.
Part Time Job
Merchandising - In store representative (Current Employee) –  Abingdon, VA19 September 2017
I like working for News America Marketing. I like the fact that we get to choose when to go into the stores to work - within a specific range of time which is usually weekly. However it is a part time position with no benefits and I need a full time job with benefits.
Terrible compensation
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Texas7 September 2017
Terrible compensation, 2/3 dolhour lower then anyone else. Easy work if your an organized individual. Mileage compensation is bad. They won't pay properly
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Very poor compensation
Productive and fun workplace
Oracle Fusion Financials Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CT31 August 2017
I get to work. We have a morning meeting to put out any new information. Then the Higher ups have another meeting each Monday. Then we start working. We usually have tasking that comes down from somebody which usually invloves setting up systems in a certain way. I check our LAN to see if anything happend overnight, Check for new updates. I may make accounts if new people have arrived. Check for failed devices. Log on to this site. I always got a few side projects and I spend a hour on each a day.
very fun company to work for
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Wilton, CT30 August 2017
Reset my stores. lots of driving. I just get my stores done on time. Management is very helpful. we all work together very well. we have a time limit to get the job done.
Pros
working around my other job
Cons
better health care
Great Mom Job
Merchandiser/Administrative (Current Employee) –  Wilton, CT28 August 2017
Merchandising with News America Marketing is easy and very flexible. A great job for Moms with children in school. You can drop them off, go set your stores and be done to pick them up. My Area Manager and Market Manager are easy to talk to and clear in their requirements.
Pros
Flexible
SVP Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NY21 August 2017
Great people and a great place to work. Salary for senior executives is solid.

The concerns regarding News America is lack of digital innovation and a primary revenue driver that is tied to the challenged newspaper industry.
Pros
Great people, team atmosphere, for the most part, good products
Cons
Lack of digital innovation and lack of vision for the future
Decent company
In-Store Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Horry County, SC19 August 2017
Can make own schedule, decent supervisor. Pay is decent also. Just a lot of driving and not enough compensation for that. Work is not hard, but a lot of equipment in your car taking up all your space. Nice to work alone and not have anyone looking over your shoulder. there is a fair amount of trash you have to deal with also, left over adds, etc.
Pros
decent pay, enough hours
Cons
a lot of driving and not enough pay for that
Great first career
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL14 August 2017
I enjoyed my time at News America Marketing. CPG marketing solutions sales was not my passion, but it was a great first career with wonderful people. It was a great stepping stone in my career path.
good
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NY9 August 2017
Everyday is different, I've learned about sales, management is good, but could be more transparent. Culture could be better and more investment in employees. Not a great work life balance.
good place to work
Retail Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Texas22 July 2017
loved travelling around and meeting new people...work was not hard..keeping up with the advertising and checking on out of dates....and trying to increase there sales
Pros
good job
Cons
program was deleted
Store to store in field in store workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LA16 July 2017
Good company to work for. Paid on time with no issues. 401K available.

Immediate supervisor was very communicative and responded to questions or issues.

Training was very thorough.
Pros
Had time management freedom.
Cons
Got to be a little mundane after 4 years.
Extremely Stressful
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX12 July 2017
Extremely stressful position due to upper management.
Do not wish to go into detail about the company, the culture, the pay rate, or any other aspect of my tenure with them.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Not enough hours in the day to complete all required tasks.
Independent
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Collierville, TN8 July 2017
News America is a good job for that self motivated person! Perfect job for who likes to work independently and can meet deadlines. Flexible schedule and relaxing job.
Pros
You set your schedule within perimeters of deadlines.
Cons
The downside is storing materials and you're using your vehicle with compensation of course.
Great place to start career but don't stay too long
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA7 July 2017
Good experience and exposure working with major CPGs. I would still not recommend this position to anyone, unless you enjoy being worked hard and not paid for it.

Salary, not competitive anymore when many companies are paying more to do the same role Long hours- normal work day is suppose to be from 9-5 but ACs are almost expected to stay until 7 and 8 PM to get work done and you aren't paid for those hours Management is never willing to listen

Ask a question about working or interviewing at News America Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.