News America Marketing Employee Reviews

Enjoyable position
In-Store Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL20 February 2018
This position allowed me to build leadership skills and introduced me to products that I didn't use as well used. I enjoyed meeting people from different companies doing the same job. The staff at the assigned retailers were friendly and helpful.
Pros
Time management for me and my family
Cons
n/a
It's a very relaxing and mellow paced work environment with lots of freedom
In Store Field Rep (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CA14 February 2018
Changing advertisements and rotating point of sales is what the job mostly consists of. I learned how to use the smart source items and tools used to add instant redeemable coupons in the grocery and drug stores I cover. The management is excellent. I have a good relationship with my boss and his boss. They're very friendly and easy going. The workplace very relaxing and you have a lot of freedom while you're working and you can choose when you want to work as long as everything is done by Thursday at 9pm. There isn't really a hard part of the job unless you wait till the last minute to close out your stores. This job is enjoyable because of the freedom you get to work whenever you want. That can be good and bad because this is a better job for someone who has a second job and does this on the side for extra pocket change. Average hours per week can be a little under 20. On the first and second weeks of the month you can work up to 28 hours which is what all adds up for the ad changing in all of your stores. The next 2 weeks of the month are the slowest and you could get a maximum of 10 hours with small merchandising jobs in the stores. You generally average around 70 hours of work a month.
Pros
Freedom to work whenever you want and essentially make your own schedule
Cons
Low hours, no benefits and no salary based career advancement for recent college grads
Flexible hours and good management
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CA9 February 2018
I enjoy working here because of the flexibility and making my own hours. The management is very helpful if any problems arise. Each week is different with new job tasks.
Set your own hours with a weekly deadline.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley MN5 February 2018
Fun job with a set route you drive to stores assigned to you. Need to be professional to all store employees and represent News America with professionalism and integrity.
Pros
Go to work each day on my own time.
Cons
No part time benefits.
Ads
sales rep (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CT31 January 2018
One has to like to travel for this job. I love to travel so this was a second job for me which worked with my schedule because I was able to do my work as long as the store was open.
Easy but busy job
Independent Field Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 1003628 January 2018
Job consists of merchandising different stores on different weeks of the month. Very easy job, but it can be busy at times. You make your own schedule and take days off as needed...provided you get all your work done. All work is done independently.
Pros
Great co-workers/manager; easy job
Cons
Pay could be higher
Goodom job
In Store Marketing (Former Employee) –  Nevada27 January 2018
News America is a great part time job. Especially for mom's. The job is very flexible. There is some support from management. But, after working for the company for 5 years, I was only making .75 an hour more than when I started.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low pay
Good company to work for
Part-Time Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  South Carolina24 January 2018
As a mom that needs flexibility, this is a good job for extra cash. You are busier two weeks of the month than the other two. Training and management are great!
work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WV20 January 2018
It was a job that you had to travel all over and wasn't paid very well for you gas mileage. It put a lot of wear and tear on my car. Had a lot of material to carry around to do the job.,
The Worst Company You Could Work For!
Not Disclosing (Former Employee) –  New York, NY13 January 2018
HR is a joke!
Terrible people. They’ll lie to your face and talk about you behind your back.
Disorganized and incompetent.
They pride themselves on company culture but there is no solidarity. It’s cut throat and if you try to speak up and make things better and it fall in line and shut your mouth you get fired quickly before anyone can agree with you.
It’s a step in the pond not a career.
Good job for flexible hours
Merchandising Representative/Certified Trainer (Current Employee) –  New York, NY10 January 2018
Pay is horrible for what they want you to be responsible for, and the level of perfection they desire. Also, Two weeks a month 20 -30 hours, 2 weeks a month 10 hours. Who can live on this?
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low Pay, Disorganized
Flexible schedules, good pay, easy job
In store Rep, Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  DFW, TX & Charlotte, NC31 December 2017
12yrs w NAM, worked w 2 diff markets/ management personalities, great job for moms/retirees. Expect changes, each cycle is different. On top of your regular ad changes, you do audits, IRC's, build cardboard displays, and other misc merchandising jobs. Sometimes you are asked to have new Reps shadow you, help w other territories during vacancies. Typically, no more than 20hr weeks, some weeks are lower depending on territory / stores. Required to attend a monthly meeting at designated location. Enjoyed my time with company.
Pros
Work your own schedule, flexible
Cons
Store items at house, lots of hrs on feet.
I absolutely loved working for NAM.
In Store Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA29 December 2017
It was the best job, I had ever had. My boss was,wonderful and I loved driving around to my different stores on my route. It was the greatest job. I am a people person and with this job, I got to meet so many new people.
Great place to start a sales career
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH13 December 2017
Very good company for people coming out of college. There is a set timeline of pregression from one role to the next, and your expectations are laid out from the beginning. Fast paced sales environment, but if you can keep up you are compensated accordingly. Great company culture
Productive and enjoyable work place
Senior Account Director (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC6 December 2017
I have enjoyed my time at News America, as it has helped me to start my career and develop valuable career skills. My goal for my next job is that it is a career choice in which I can grow and develop, as well as progress in my career for years to come.
Easy flexible hours
In-Store Representative (Current Employee) –  Southern NJ30 November 2017
Great for a parent of children in school and a retiree. Work independently, attention to detail, establish and build courteous business relationships with clients and retailers,
Cons
Underpaid
Good extra 150.00 a week at most/pt merch rep
In Store Marketing Rep (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TN26 November 2017
must be able to work independently in assigned area-need a car- pay is low-gas card is love-some bad areas-some distant driving if very shirt but usually within a 15 mile radius
Pros
set own hours-weekly pay-easy-good for retirement-teachers-
Cons
only 9.00 or 10.00 an hr- about 10 to 15 hrs week
we put advertising in several stores
Certified Rep Trainer (Current Employee) –  Wilton, CT13 November 2017
I have been News America Marketing for over 8 years. I work under the best boss ever. I have complete confidence in my company. My company is in a competitive market. We are number 1 in our market
Pros
steady work
Cons
no paid holidays or vacation
Its a good job.
In-Store Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM11 November 2017
Blah blah blah blah blah blah p. by the car when When I was a that ugh I'm p and I was uhybio I loved my job I messed it up jgc if you are a good person and
Pros
Pick hours
Cons
Not enough hours
Very professional environment
Group Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NY and Chicago, IL4 November 2017
News America Marketing is part of the News Corporation. They have an excellent reputation and corporate culture. They train their employees very well, and are dedicated to keeping them fresh and up to date. They provide the resources for their teams to succeed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at News America Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.