Newell Rubbermaid

Newell Rubbermaid Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
If you want to be an american this is the place for you
Human Resources Leader (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 2, 2013
Pros: lots of education
Cons: everything else
Long hours and then if the work is still not done, more hours are required.
Management is not supportive of family life and family issues. If family gets in the way of work that is just too bad.
This was an excellent company to work with for many years
Lead Hand (Former Employee), MississaugaMay 4, 2013
Pros: well paying job with benefits
Cons: company closed down
This is where I learned Blow molding,injection molding,material handling,operate Raymond reach forklift and health and Safety in the industrial environment. The management and coworkers were very cooperative and supportive
Great place to work.
Warehouse/Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 1, 2013
Great place to work. Great management team and leadership. Excellent co-workers.
Great career
General Labour (Former Employee), mississaugaOctober 9, 2012
Pros: great people
Cons: being laided off
Fast pace, general labour but you would be your own thing. i worked on the production line where it was a fast pace.
Productive and very rewarding, loving what u do makes a huge difference at work
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 2, 2012
Pros: friday breakfast with staff
Cons: long hours
I learned how to deal with diversity
Management support was always there for me
My co worked were like family
Hardest part of my job was laying off workers
Most enjoyable part of my job was being able to laugh with everyone
clean and well managed
Heavy operator (Former Employee), Jackson, MOJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: none really
one of the best company's I've ever worked for never would have left if i hadn't had to relocate
great job for the most part
Material Handler (Former Employee), Mogadore OhioJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: all breaks paid, decent benefits
Cons: some personnel in supervisory positions
loading and unloading of trucks, preparing customer orders, stocking product. Operation of forklift. learned to use a hand scanner. Management was average, only problem was certain bosses would not listen to suggestions. Co-workers were great to work with. Hardest part of job was dealing with stubborn supervision. Most enjoyable part was going to work , performing my tasks to the best of my ability and working with a great group of co-workers.
It´s a real challenge, a very changing company
Senior Controller-Business Partner SEurope (Current Employee), Genève, GEJanuary 14, 2015
Working within Newell is one of the most exciting thing I´ve ever done. It´s very dinamic, with lots of changes, you have to be quite proactive & dinamic to catch up on things, it gives you the possibility to grow quite fast around the world & diff functions.
Great Company
Transportation Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: working as a contractor - looing for something to come available
I love the atmosphere here and the people that I work with. I love how you are able to work independently and how there is no micromanaging.
not good
Quality Technician (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJanuary 7, 2015
Pay was good but the management is terrible. They have no pride in the product that they sell. Management also believes they own you and don't want you to think for yourself. They also don't care about their people and will downsize in order to make bonus along with fudging the numbers.
hard work, hot conditions, good pay and steady hours
Line Associate/ TA (Former Employee), Mogadore, OHJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good pay, good benefits, ability to advance
Cons: 12 hour shifts on feet, unbearably hot conditions, hard to work around schedule
the conditions were unbelievably hot with few to no fans, but everything else was very safe. some managers very helpful and some completely unapproachable, just luck of the draw. regardless of manager's personal opinions though it is very easy to advance or change positions within the company. The company store is fantastic. Never a shortage of hours. Very diverse workforce. Hard to have much of a life outside of work though. Shifts are a 2-2-3 set up and 12 hours. makes it hard to set up anything outside of work because you will only have any set day off every 2 weeks.
team players
shipping and receving clerk (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: good people/great team work
Cons: not much overtime
a typical day.first they would be shift meeting on what was expected for the day,then we would check over equipment.i enjoyed my job there.
Order Entry Operator (Current Employee), High Point, NCDecember 30, 2014
horrible place to work
Cycle Counter (Current Employee), Union City, GADecember 30, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: no off days, horrible management
Worst job i ever had..currently still employed there.just waiting on new year to leave this place.Been here 4 yrs.new management sucks.working 7 dys a week.8 to 10 hrs a day. Cars get broken into on property.management does nothing.They could care less about there employees. .No HR department!!
DON'T APPLY!!
PRODUCTIVE
Line Assembler (Former Employee), Mogadore, OHDecember 27, 2014
Pros: lunch parties, benifits
Cons: 12 hour shifts
ONE OF THE BEST FACTORIES I HAVE WORKED AT. ALTHOUGH IT WAS 12 HOUR SHIFTS, THE TIME WENT FAST, STAYED BUSY, WHICH I LIKE TO STAY BUSY.
hard working envirements
forklift (Former Employee), californiaDecember 11, 2014
over packed warehouse dangerous conditions long shifts co workers friendly hardest part of job finding places in warehouse to put packages.
Not a bad place to work
Set-up Technician (Current Employee), Winfield, KSDecember 9, 2014
If you can handle 60 hour weeks and management having you do something just to change there minds the next day,
Enjoyed working with the company.
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee), Maryville, TNNovember 24, 2014
Pros: frequent breaks, great pay
Cons: micro-management
During my employment at Newell Rubbermaid, the hardest part of working in the factory during the summer was the heat. Of course the plant was hot due to the machines, and having to wear the safety equipment meant for our jobs- however, the management did their best to ensure worker safety. They would make sure employees had ample water, frequent cool-down breaks, and on the hottest days, they would bring in industrial fans to create an indoor-breeze.
Life never stop & keep changing
sales manager (Current Employee), Kuala Lumpur, M14November 22, 2014
 Start my career as Van sales at Nestle Product (M) S/B in Feb 2001, responsible for coffee shop channels in Penang Island.
 Promoted as Preseller – sales executive in Feb 2003, responsible for major wholesalers in Penang Island & Langkawi Island and involved in HORECA channel likes Hotels, Restaurant and catering business.
 Appointed by Newell Rubbermaid as Sales supervisor to service 3 main distributors in Northern Region in year Feb2005.
 In year Feb 2007, promoted and transferred to Malaysia southern region as assistant sales manager covering 3 states (N. Sembilan, Melaka, and Johor). Handling all the accounts likes Tesco, Giant, Mydin, Parkson, Jusco, Popular, MPH, wholesalers and etc.
 Then, promoted to Sales manager in year 2009 due double digit growth within 2 years in southern region.
 Due to great result achievement in southern region and had been transferred to central region as sales manager of commercial accounts to grow central business in Apr 2010.
Customer Service Specialist
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), High Point, NCNovember 18, 2014
I have learned a lot about this company and the work that I was doing. Great company and peers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Newell Rubbermaid

Newell Rubbermaid Inc., is a global marketer of consumer and commercial products with 2013 sales of $5.7 billion and a strong – Read more