Love what you do
We want everyone to love what they do.
We’re looking for organized, detail oriented, super positive, quick learners who are amazing communicators and also love getting hands-on with computers and other IT hardware.
Do you love working on computers? Do you get excited about the latest hardware? Are you the one all your friends/family call when their computer won’t boot?
If so, read on...
Be excited about going to work
We are striving to make NewGen an amazing, sought-after place to work. Of course we offer a wonderful, ever-growing number of benefits, perks and amenities, but that’s just ‘Window Dressing’. To be excited about going to work also requires a comfortable work environment, great friends/coworkers, the tools/resources to do your job well, the ability to contribute, and to maintain a sustainable work/life balance. Culture is very important to us, and we’re hard at work making sure life at NewGen ticks all of these boxes.
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Short and long-term disability coverage and life insurance
- Group RRSP (with corporate contributions)
- 15 Paid Flex Days
- Access to training systems / courses
- Xbox One with most new titles on launch day
- All the coffee/tea/hot chocolate and of course water you can drink
- Fresh fruit and healthy snacks
- A large selection of breakfast cereal / milk
- Frequent staff BBQs, Donuts days, & celebratory cakes
- Casual dress code, jeans/t-shirts (the only rule is ‘don’t offend anyone’)
- Beach and oceanfront walking trail just one block from our office
- Hire Date Anniversary and holiday celebrations
- Your birthday off
- Family-friendly events
- Afterhours social / team building events
- Transit just one block from our office
We want you to grow!
We want everyone to be the best version of themselves. We facilitate your personal growth by providing free access to training resources, and allocating 10% of your week to learning. We place great emphasis on skill/technical coaching, by providing customized one-on-one learning development and coaching sessions with our own in house Team Coach.
About the Depot Technician position
As a Depot Technician you will be responsible for configuring new systems and repairing hardware problems.
- Maintain the Service Depot (clean/organized)
- Installing / configuring new PCs and network equipment per provided specifications
- Diagnosing and repairing hardware problems
- Working with manufacturers to facilitate warranty repairs / replacement
- Sourcing replacement parts for out-of-warranty systems
- Documenting your work in tickets and providing updates to Service Coordinators
- Coordinating shipping to/from the Service Depot when required
- Receiving orders from couriers and inputting items into systems
- Maintaining control over inventory
- Adhering to established procedures and helping to build new ones
- Creation of end-user documentation for plugging in/setting up new equipment
- Posting of surplus items on eBay
- Coordinating electronics recycling pickups with recycling vendors
- Detailed knowledge of PC hardware
- Deep Microsoft Windows Operating System knowledge/experience
- Understanding of networking (IP networks, VPN, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory etc.)
- Self-motivated and like working on your own
- Able to talk/interact with strangers
- Have a passion for working with hardware / being hands-on
- Resourceful, no excuses personality
- Super organized
- Eye for detail & Efficiency
- Follows process well
- Enjoys working alone unsupervised
- Fast learner
- Fluent, clear spoken English
- Excellent written English (to create professional, legible notes & documentation)
- Ability to lift, move and work with heavy items
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
What would the first few weeks look like?
Initially, you will go through an orientation training process. After that, you will go through technical training and then move to position-specific training. Once you have completed your training, you will begin doing the job, while being mentored by a peer who has done the role previously.
We are a growing family of highly motivated, hard-working, and fun-loving professionals, who are dedicated to taking our clients’ IT to the next level. Our clients are local businesses and not-for-profit organizations, typically with 25-250 computers, who believe that technology can improve their organizations, and need people with the expertise to help them to realize that dream.
We’ve been around since 1996, and have grown consistently since then; placing us on lists such as BC’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies, Profit Magazine’s list of Canada’s Top 200/500 Fastest Growing Companies, and industry lists like the MSP Mentor Global 501, which ranks the top 501 IT service providers in the world.
What are you waiting for?
Apply Today http://www.newgen.ca/computer-service-technician/