Nova Networks Inc. continues to grow and we are actively recruiting for Network Operations Analysts to join our Network Operations Centre (NOC) team in Ottawa.
A little bit about us: Nova Networks Inc. is one of Canada's largest providers of IT products and professional services. We have offices in Calgary, Toronto and Montreal, with our Head Office located in Ottawa. Nova recognizes that our success is highly dependent on our ability to satisfy our clients and strengthen the bond in our relationships, and we’re looking for a few dynamic, eager individuals who share this understanding.
A little bit about this career opportunity: Network Operations Analysts remotely support Nova's customers, providing telephone support, monitoring, performance management, fault management, change management and configuration management services to customers on a 24 hour/7 days a week basis. Some of the responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to customer’s problems within 15 minutes and repair incidents without escalation 80% of the time.
- Meeting or exceeding customer expectations for incident resolution and change SLAs.
- Tracking and staying on top of all Open Issues by Call Reference Numbers.
- Working closely with Partner Technical Support Centers to repair incidents.
- Properly documenting all interaction with customers in Technical Support Database.
- Answering technical questions.
- Providing telephone and email support to customers.
- Performing pre-engineered scheduled changes to customer network and server architecture.
- Staying up-to-date on technologies, certifications and training.
- Other duties as required.
A little bit about what we’re looking for in you:
- Experience working in a Network Operations Center.
- Experience supporting WAN and LAN infrastructures.
- Experience dealing with Internet Service Providers (ISP) like Bell, Verizon, AT&T, Sprint/Rogers.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting Windows servers and core applications.
- Ability to work in a fast paced customer support environment and handle stressful pressure situations.
- Great team player.
- Strong phone skills with customer first attitude.
- Willing to work rotational shifts and/or static shifts – 24x7.
- Outstanding communication skills (ideally in both official languages)
- Current Enhanced Reliability clearance or ability to obtain.
- Solid understanding of Cisco technology and IOS command set
- Demonstrated experience with Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
- Demonstrated experience with MS Windows Server 2003/2008R2/2012
- Demonstrated experience with DNS, MS-Exchange, Active Directory
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft server based backup/restore applications
- Knowledge of LAN protocols and TCP/IP
- Strong Telephone Support and Technical troubleshooting skills
Other things we’re looking for in you (nice to have, but not essential):
- 1-3 years’ experience in large multi-site environment supporting over 25 customers and more than 500 devices.
- Exposure to online ticketing systems, such as OTRS, Remedy ARS.
- Exposure to Zenoss, Solarwinds or other network monitoring systems.
- Experience with UNIX and Linux administration and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of ITIL processes or ITIL Certification
- Professional certifications and training such as CCNA, MNOA, CNE, Linux & Unix administration
- Knowledge of security incident management and devices (firewalls, IPS/IDS)
A little bit about what we have to offer: Nova Networks offers a comprehensive healthcare plan, which includes medical, dental, vision, LTD and life insurance. Because of our breadth of services, you’ll enjoy an opportunity to work for an organization that is able to offer clients truly full service IT solutions. We’re a rapidly growing organization with a family atmosphere and we respect and understand the importance of work/life balance. We highly value academic and certification credentials and we will be very supportive of your professional and career path pursuits. At Nova Networks you’ll have an opportunity to showcase your talent, take on challenging projects and work with a great group of people!