Nova Networks is growing and we are actively recruiting for a Monitoring Tools Specialist to join our team in Ottawa.
A little bit about us: Nova Networks has offices in Calgary, Toronto and Montreal, with our Head Office located in Ottawa. Nova recognizes that our success is highly dependent on our ability to satisfy our clients and strengthen the bond in our relationships, and we’re looking for a Monitoring Tools Specialist who shares this understanding.
A little bit about the job: The Monitoring Tools Specialist will work with our Managed Services team to implement new software for monitoring, ticketing and reporting. They will be responsible for configuring the existing tools environment to commission new clients and new devices, isolating performance issues with the environment, developing automation/integration and evaluating new software as required. They will also be responsible for developing monitoring templates/packages for new devices/applications as required.
A little bit about what we’re looking for in you (from a technical standpoint):
- Experience with administration of SolarWinds monitoring tool, Microsoft Server
- Experience with developing Python, Bash and SQL scripts in a business environment
- Experience with managing virtual machines within a VMware ESX environment
- Experience with configuring, optimizing and querying a MySQL database server
- Networking knowledge (ports, subnets, routing protocols, etc…)
- Degree or diploma in a technical program
More technical skills we’d like to see from you (these would be an asset)
- Experience with other scripting languages such as Perl and PHP
- Experience with monitoring protocols such as SNMP and WMI
- Experience with APIs such as SOAP, REST XML-RPC, and JSON
- Experience with other database technologies such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Zope, Oracle, DB2
- Experience with WebSphere, WebSphere MQ, JBOSS or JMX
- Experience with Solaris 8/9/10
- Experience with Cisco Technologies
- French language skills– written and oral
A little bit about what we’re looking for in you (from a non-technical standpoint):
- Commitment to supporting clients and ensuring quality of service
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- A strong work ethic and willingness to support your team members
- References that will attest to your history of going the extra mile for your clients and your colleagues
- Excellent English written and oral communication
A little bit about what we have to offer: Our employees enjoy using industry-leading products and working with other talented and dynamic people, all committed to making a difference for our clients. Nova Networks Inc. offers a comprehensive healthcare plan, which includes medical, dental, vision, LTD and life insurance. Because of our breadth of services, you’ll enjoy an opportunity to work for an organization that is able to offer clients truly full service IT solutions. We’re a big company with a family atmosphere and we respect and understand the importance of work/life balance and going the extra mile to support each other. We highly value academic and certification credentials and we will be very supportive of your professional and career development pursuits. At Nova Networks Inc. you’ll have an opportunity to showcase your talent, take on challenging projects and work with a great group of people!