Nova Networks Inc. is one of Canada's largest providers of IT products, technology and professional services.
We are currently seeking a Desktop & Server Administrator (Level 1 Helpdesk) for a full-time position in Ottawa, Ontario.
Job duties include but not limited to Level 1 on-site/desk side support, responding to end-user issues, diagnosing desktop, network, and server problems, finding solutions and resolving problems; performing regular preventive maintenance of all IT infrastructure; assisting with planning network upgrades; implementing migrations or new installations of desktop, network, and on-site team interfacing/escalating for assistance and other duties as required.
- 1 to 3 years of experience providing superior end user application and desktop support to organizations of 100 users or more;
- 1 to 3 years of Administrative experience with Microsoft server products, Mail services, networking and backup systems;
- Experience with the latest Microsoft products (Windows 7, SBS & server, Exchange, SQL);
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation;
- Excellent customer relations and communication skills;
- Experience working within a fast paced environment;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks;
- Driver's license and vehicle;
- Fluency in English and French reading, writing and spoken skills;
- Ability to provide "on call" or "after hours" support.
- Current Enhanced Reliability clearance or ability to obtain.
Nice to Have Requirements:
- Database experience is an asset;
- Preference given to candidates with MCTS or MCITP Certification
- VMWare and VSphere experience an asset.
A little bit about what we have to offer: Nova Networks offers a comprehensive healthcare plan, which includes medical, dental, vision, LTD and life insurance. Because of our breadth of services, you’ll enjoy an opportunity to work for an organization that is able to offer clients truly full service IT solutions. We’re a rapidly growing organization with a family atmosphere and we respect and understand the importance of work/life balance. We highly value academic and certification credentials and we will be very supportive of your professional and career development pursuits. At Nova Networks you’ll have an opportunity to showcase your talent, take on challenging projects and work with a great group of people!