Nova Networks Inc. is growing and we are actively seeking an AIX Administrator to join our team in Ottawa!
A little bit about us: Nova Networks Inc. is one of Canada's largest providers of IT products and professional services. We have offices in Calgary, Toronto and Montreal, with our Head Office located in Ottawa. Nova recognizes that our success is highly dependent on our ability to satisfy our clients and strengthen the bond in our relationships, and we’re looking for a dynamic, eager individual who shares this understanding.
A little bit about this career opportunity: Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing overall support and maintenance of operating systems and network connectivity for all AIX systems;
- Monitoring system performance on a daily basis to ensure adequate response times for production applications;
- Establishing and documenting procedures to ensure data integrity including system fail-over and backup/recovery;
- Conducting routine hardware and software audits of servers for compliance with established standards, policies, configuration guidelines, and procedures;
- Providing recommendations to management on changes, upgrades, and new hardware as required;
- Providing support to vendors and application programmers as necessary;
- Maintaining current operating systems, LPARs, and patch versions that comply with vendor requirements;
- Performing research and development on new products, technologies, and operating systems as required.
A little bit about what we’re looking for in you:
- Intermediate-to-senior level experience as a Systems Administrator, with an emphasis on AIX;
- Experience working with pSeries or iSeries or Power Systems IBM servers;
- Excellent skills in System Management concepts including: file system organization, allocation and maintenance, configuration and installation of storage subsystem, backup/restore strategies, implementation, management and troubleshooting;
- Demonstrated ability in administration and maintenance of AIX Builds and batch processing
- LPAR management experience
- Experience with other related technologies such as storage, backup, data replication and migration and/or networking;
- Strong level of PERL and/or UNIX Shell or i/OS Control Language Scripting;
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation;
- Excellent customer relations and communication skills;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks;
- Outstanding communications skills (written and verbal)
A little bit about what we have to offer: Because of our breadth of services, you’ll enjoy an opportunity to work for an organization that is able to offer clients truly full service IT solutions. We’re a rapidly growing organization with a family atmosphere and we respect and understand the importance of work/life balance and going out of our way to support each other. We highly value academic and certification credentials and we will be very supportive of your professional and career development pursuits. At Nova Networks Inc. you’ll have an opportunity to showcase your talent, take on challenging projects and work with a great group of people!
Indeed - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard