New York Fries Employee Review

View all New York Fries reviews

New York Fries
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 March 2014
New York Fries was the second job I got in high school. Working there was a really good time for me. I started out as a cashier, and once the store got sold, we were trained to do all the positions. Through time, I became a cook, and eventually was the manager until I moved to St Catharine's for school.

As the manager, I had to do the stock, keep count on everything we had in the store, so that we don't run out and to place the order twice a week. I created schedule, working between the lives of busy students. I had to talk with the owner and head office a fair bit to keep everyone up to date on how the store was. I had to teach everyone about new promotions that came out. I trained new staff how to open and close the store, and the general responsibilities of working there.

All in all, working at New York Fries taught me both good leadership and teamwork skills.

Other New York Fries Employee Reviews

fun atmosphere to work in.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Canada11 December 2017
Great place to work. Great job for someone looking for experience. Good place to practice and expand skills. Over all great place to work. And good management.
Pros
get to taste different kinds of poutine
Cons
working with very hot materials
productive
Fry Cook/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, ON5 December 2017
I was in charge of taking costumers orders and making their food. The staff was very friendly and welcoming and I always looked forward to coming to work.