New York Fries

New York Fries Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place for a part time job
Basic Employee (Former Employee), Barrie, ONAugust 31, 2014
Pros: not extremely work intensive. a basic rhythm for shifts can be picked up very quickly.
Cons: can occasionally be very busy with very little notice, especially closer to holiday hours as it was in a mall location.
In the short months that i worked at New York Fries it was quite enjoyable. The management was very nice and easy to talk to if ever there were concerns over how to do a certain task or what more could possibly be done if ever there was some free time between cleaning, stocking, and making orders. the rest of the staff was very good to work with, they – more... made New York Fries a place i looked forward to coming into work at. – less
enjoyable work with great people
fry cook (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 5, 2014
Pros: work 5 more hours free fries and free drinks all day long
Cons: having to clean out the filters to the fryers but its got to be done
well working at new york fries i learn from my friends/co workers that a job doesn't have to seem like work if you enjoy what you do.a average day could be a little chaotic depending how many customers come rushing to the store, my manager and boss were amazing people always willing to teach you.
Fun work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 24, 2014
A typical day at work could be tiring or easy depending on the day and also the number of hours of work for the day.
Over all i really enjoyed working at New York Fries.
Employers are not always very down to earth or easy going but the experience is what means the most to me while at New York Fries.
Server/Customer service (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCJune 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch, on time payment
Cons: constantly changing work schedule, high employee turnover
New York Fries is within the Aberdeen mall in Kamloops. A typical day starts at 8am. All fries are cut, sauces prepared, vegetables cut and hot dogs allowed to thaw. The fries go through three stages hence the earlier the better. We normally expect our customers to troop in at around 10am therefore first and second stage frying are made before the clock – more... hits 10am.The third stage frying is what customers normally witness when they order their fries.
Again the customer is always right so we ensure the orders we take from them are accurate and precise. Any mistakes result in loss hence our manager was so particular about accuracy and efficiency.
Employers were fast and accurate. Less mistakes were tolerated.
The hardest part of this job was cutting about 15 bags of potatoes in a 6 hour shift.
I loved hanging out with the young and lively employees. – less
A good summer job for students !
caissière (Former Employee), Montreal Québec, Pointe-claire (Fairview Mall)June 5, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: you end up very dirty by the end of your shift
Personally, I enjoyed working there. But, like any other job, there were certain obstacles that I had to face. As huge- harted as my manager was, he didn`t know how to handle things in a calm and collective manner. It is for that reason that I quit. He was also the kind to call me last- minute to ask if I can come in to work. The last minor problem – more... was that working there required being comfortable with being around hot oil, which caused me to have minor burns on both arms. Besides that, my co- workers were very nice, responsible and fun people to be around, which made the job easier. The hardest part of the job was to clean the three stages of the frying machine because of the heat. the most enjoyable part of the job was serving the customers, because most of them were as sociable as I was. – less
Nice place to work
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABJune 5, 2014
Nice place to work. Serving and dealing with customers is the best and hardest part of the job.
Fun and energetic work place
Food Prep and Cashier (Current Employee), Guelph, ONApril 18, 2014
I learned how to deal with conflict and the resolution of problems
security
Corporate Store Manager (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 16, 2014
Pros: free foods
Cons: poor career growth
For almost 4 years I've been working in New York Fries, I learned a lot most especially in managing the store. The trust that the company gave me was superb. They gave me a chance to travel in Toronto, New Brunswick and Quebec.
Fun
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), New Market Upper Canada MallFebruary 10, 2014
We Joked
Had a good time,
the people i worked with were mainly good people all funny, nice and a great environment to be in
plus mall discount
Great job
Cashier (Former Employee), KitchenerFebruary 8, 2014
Great Starter job
Learned allot of Starting skills
Cash , preparing food
Crew Member, Part-time job (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 23, 2014
Each crew member had a lot of responsibilities. Whether it be closing, opening or mid day duties. Individually, each of us had to be able to complete these task on our own or dictated duties to other crew member if we need help.
A fun place to work to gain experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2013
Pros: free food
From the time I start my job, I will have to be on my feet serving customers with a pleasing personality.
Co-workers have always been very co-operative.
On a very busy day, it is a bit of stress, but enjoyable.
End of the day job satisfaction is the most enjoyable part of my job
Great place to work.
General Laborer (Current Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 6, 2013
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: no benifits
It is usually a steady day.
You learn to have patients.
Management is very organized and up to date.
Co-workers are awesome.
Hardest part of the job is knowing how the customer thinks.
Most enjoyable part of the job is being there and doing what I take pride in doing.
fun workplace with reasonable hours
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Grimsby,ONOctober 28, 2013
Pros: regular work schedule with decent hous
A typical day would involve prepping food, opening store, and conversing with customers. While working here I learned how to be a good assistant manager. The co-workers where enjoyable, and fun to work with on a day to day basis. The hardest part of this job was notifying employees when they where doing something wrong. The most enjoyable part was ensuring – more... the customers where satisfied. – less
productive, and friendly co-workers.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Mic Mac Mall, Dartmouth, NSSeptember 2, 2013
Cons: not many hours.
A typical day at New York Fries usually consisted of clocking in, and beginning to make meals for families and mall employees. Throughout a shift I would work cash, fryers, food preparation and out back, cleaning and preparing ingredients for the different stations within New York Fries.
I learned communication skills, and how to properly conduct myself – more... in stressful and difficult situations at New York Fries. In many situations I was able to keep a nice and polite composure while dealing with difficult customers.
Working at New York Fries aided me in dealing with management and co-workers who may have had a bad day, or were going through stressful situations. For the most part my co-workers and managers were always a pleasure to work with, and very understanding and easy going.
The most enjoyable part of working at New York Fries was working with some terrific people and learning how to balance my time between work and college. I would look forward to going to work after a difficult day of classes and seeing the energetic and friendly people I got to work with. – less
Team Work
Team Member (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 31, 2013
Pros: lots of hours, 2$ for food when working
Cons: no benefits
I Really Like The Team Work , its was fun , didn't had no problems with them , give you good and proper training .
Great environment and hard working team.
Cashier, Cook/Perpare (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONAugust 15, 2013
Pros: free lunch, 2 breaks, awesome workers, paycheck
Cons: being mistreated
A typical day at New York Fries would insist of running the cashier, cut and preparing fries as well as the cooking. During and after every shift I would participate in the clean up and re-stalking around the store.
What I have learned throughout this experience is how important team work is in such a little setting. New York Fries is an extremely small – more... place which can get very busy and team work is an very important aspect when having a job. I also learned how to deal with cash.
Management was okay, I disagreed with some of ways they would come across things such as approaching us employees, as well as giving us unfair rights. All in all I had no big complaints.
My co-workers were the best. I enjoyed working with mainly all of them and the way they would come together as one was extremely impressive. They have grown to be long term friends and have became a big part in my life even though I no longer work their. They all brought a smile to my face and made me excited to come into work.
The hardest part of the job was being able to lift the heavy baskets. Due to the handles you must hold to carry the baskets full of fries were really heavy and unbalanced which got difficult after a while.
The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to interact with different customers in the mall and becoming kind of like a family with my co-workers. I am a very sociable person and enjoyed doing cashier a lot. – less
Full time or part time, they had it all
Cashier (Former Employee), Whitby, ONMay 14, 2013
The best manager I ever had was at the Whitby location, her name was Sarah. She provided awesome scheduling for employees who did their job correctly. Fast and fun environment, with great co workers
busy and fun work place same time productive
Team member (Former Employee), Regina, SKMay 4, 2013
Pros: few steps from my home
Cons: lunch not free
enjoying work as team player with cooperative staff
learned a lot such as inventory, cash handling,management,
to close alone and same time serving customer is the hardest part
everyday meet new people that's during busy hours and give them free samples is the enjoyable part of the job.
everything
Cashier (Former Employee), Gatineau, QCMarch 9, 2013
Pros: i learned a lot of new skills and experiences
Cons: was not managed properly
Its not an easy job there are lot's of things you have to learn and do on your own . The environment was not the greatest to work in because it seemed that people cared more about starting problems than the work. The management skills was not the greatest either because the job for ordering supplies etc. was never done right . The manager would barley – more... ever show for her shift . So i would always get double booked or go in on my days off witch i did not mind doing all tho after awhile it tends to get annoying . The district manager made it seem that he dint care about you're safety as long as his work got done – less