New York Fries

New York Fries Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Worker (Former Employee), Halifax, NSApril 12, 2015
Overall working there was great. My co-workers were really nice to me. Like most other fast food jobs it fits the bill of most people who work there but if you're a student who wants to take time off double check with the management a bunch first.

In being a student myself and moving away from home to come to school I had gone home for christmas break with full permission to do so. In returning to my position my shifts were cut and I was not given work for almost three weeks. I had almost hit 7 months of working with them (excluding the time I took off for xmas even) so I should have been receiving at least one shift a week. I was treated unfairly and instead of giving me any shifts or firing me, they left me in the dark. I was employed but not working, and as a student I can't afford that. I was really confused and upset by what was happening. Thankfully I ended up finding out that they were looking to fire me but were avoiding doing so (this solved my confusion and prompted me to quit). They wanted to fire me because of the time I was talking off. I understand that kind of situation, its time consuming to find new workers while people like me are away. But I had asked for the time off and received it. If I was denied the time off or given more guidance on the amount of time I was allowed, I would have been happy to do so.They were also wanting to fire me because they assumed I was going home for the summer when I was actually making plans to stay in Halifax for the summer but they had never actually asked me.
I am a more than compliant worker, I do what I'm told and – more... more often than not I'm happy to do so. I just had wished that they had told me their issues before hand. I'd much rather keep a job than lose it over permissed time away. I found it unfair in how I was treated and also that they hadn't fired me before I had left for Christmas or at least warned me to look for a new job. In Halifax the job market is extremely competitive and I would have appreciated the heads up in order to begin my job searches earlier if I had known I would be coming back to no work. I thought my position was secure, it wasn't and that's ok. What bothers me is that I wasn't informed or respected. In the end I quit because they were stalling to fire me and continued to leave me in the dark. – less
Fun place to meet people, have his/her own opinion
Retail Sales (Former Employee), Sydney, NSFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: employee free launch discounts
Cons: long hours
The job was a good one and stepping stone into the business world.
My co-workers were friendly
My typical day at work is good and fun all day but most stressful.The hardest part of the job is standing all day expect from my launch time. The most enjoyable part of my job is not paying for your launch time.
Fast pace great job with great co-workers and management
Fast Food (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: co-workers/management, discount
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day would be coming into work, going up front where food is made/cash and seeing what needs to be done there are 3-4 staition such as, cash - hot dogs/drinks - fryer/putting fries into container - toppings. If there is an empty staition i would take over and get to work. If the staitions are full i would then check our sauces and make sure they are full, if not i would go out back and prep our sauces then bring up front to be used. If the sauces are full i would do stocking, making sure the fridge is full of juice/milk/water, also make sure we have a good amount of piles of cups/containers for our foods and drinks. We all switch around so one doesnt over work one staition and everyone gets a turn everywhere,
I have very great co-workers all are welcoming and kind. They help make sure i know every step on how to do my job as i havent been there very long, i do the same for the people that started after me. I also have a great manager, understanding, makes sure things are equal to our ability and helps out when needed. Always on top of things.
There isnt a very hard part of the job its pretty easy and quick to catch onto the skills. But picking a hard part would be lifting the fryers when there is a few baskets stacked. I very much enjoy cash to interact with the customers make sure they get what they need and also like fryer/toppings i like to cook the fries and put into containers aswell as placing the toppings on top such as veggies, sauces, curds and gravy.
Im lucky to learn how to handle cash and operate the cash machine aswell as cooking the fries. Its a great experiance to learn how to use a cash machine since it is used most to all stores.
fun and educational
New York Fries (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONNovember 12, 2014
as my first job it taught me how to interact with co-workers and customers.
it made me more organized and ready for future careers
Great work experience with great people.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Welland, ONNovember 10, 2014
Pros: friendly, good hours, delicious food, great experience
Cons: customers are always right
This job was a lot of fun. Every employee did practically everything, from mopping the floors to cooking and serving the food, including the Boss and managers. Everyone got along nicely and made work really enjoyable. The experience was great, we weren't just stuck in one section, like only doing Till or only Cooking, we constantly switched and ever worked alone on slow days.

I loved this job and would still be working there now except for the fact that I was there for 8 years and I want to branch off and get some new/different Work Experience before I get too old.
Fast paced and energetic work environment
Supervisor (Current Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 2, 2014
The New York Fries company is an amazing one to work for, they treat you more like a family but provide great training techniques that help you keep up with the fast paced environment. It helped me learn how to multitask while having great customer service skills.
was very happy to work there
kitchen helper (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: it was busy more in the eveing
Cons: what seaded like long hours were not
the hardes part of the job was shoveling the snow that fell outside.
the most in joy able part was going home.
this was part time
fun
Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 17, 2014
you need to have time Management move in fast phase you to have team work so we can do the job easily and faster
Great place for a part time job
Basic Employee (Former Employee), Barrie, ONAugust 31, 2014
Pros: not extremely work intensive. a basic rhythm for shifts can be picked up very quickly.
Cons: can occasionally be very busy with very little notice, especially closer to holiday hours as it was in a mall location.
In the short months that i worked at New York Fries it was quite enjoyable. The management was very nice and easy to talk to if ever there were concerns over how to do a certain task or what more could possibly be done if ever there was some free time between cleaning, stocking, and making orders. the rest of the staff was very good to work with, they made New York Fries a place i looked forward to coming into work at.
enjoyable work with great people
fry cook (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 5, 2014
Pros: work 5 more hours free fries and free drinks all day long
Cons: having to clean out the filters to the fryers but its got to be done
well working at new york fries i learn from my friends/co workers that a job doesn't have to seem like work if you enjoy what you do.a average day could be a little chaotic depending how many customers come rushing to the store, my manager and boss were amazing people always willing to teach you.
Fun work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 24, 2014
A typical day at work could be tiring or easy depending on the day and also the number of hours of work for the day.
Over all i really enjoyed working at New York Fries.
Employers are not always very down to earth or easy going but the experience is what means the most to me while at New York Fries.
Server/Customer service (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCJune 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch, on time payment
Cons: constantly changing work schedule, high employee turnover
New York Fries is within the Aberdeen mall in Kamloops. A typical day starts at 8am. All fries are cut, sauces prepared, vegetables cut and hot dogs allowed to thaw. The fries go through three stages hence the earlier the better. We normally expect our customers to troop in at around 10am therefore first and second stage frying are made before the clock hits 10am.The third stage frying is what customers normally witness when they order their fries.
Again the customer is always right so we ensure the orders we take from them are accurate and precise. Any mistakes result in loss hence our manager was so particular about accuracy and efficiency.
Employers were fast and accurate. Less mistakes were tolerated.
The hardest part of this job was cutting about 15 bags of potatoes in a 6 hour shift.
I loved hanging out with the young and lively employees.
A good summer job for students !
caissière (Former Employee), Montreal Québec, Pointe-claire (Fairview Mall)June 5, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: you end up very dirty by the end of your shift
Personally, I enjoyed working there. But, like any other job, there were certain obstacles that I had to face. As huge- harted as my manager was, he didn`t know how to handle things in a calm and collective manner. It is for that reason that I quit. He was also the kind to call me last- minute to ask if I can come in to work. The last minor problem was that working there required being comfortable with being around hot oil, which caused me to have minor burns on both arms. Besides that, my co- workers were very nice, responsible and fun people to be around, which made the job easier. The hardest part of the job was to clean the three stages of the frying machine because of the heat. the most enjoyable part of the job was serving the customers, because most of them were as sociable as I was.
Nice place to work
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABJune 5, 2014
Nice place to work. Serving and dealing with customers is the best and hardest part of the job.
Fun and energetic work place
Food Prep and Cashier (Current Employee), Guelph, ONApril 18, 2014
I learned how to deal with conflict and the resolution of problems
security
Corporate Store Manager (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 16, 2014
Pros: free foods
Cons: poor career growth
For almost 4 years I've been working in New York Fries, I learned a lot most especially in managing the store. The trust that the company gave me was superb. They gave me a chance to travel in Toronto, New Brunswick and Quebec.
Fun
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), New Market Upper Canada MallFebruary 10, 2014
We Joked
Had a good time,
the people i worked with were mainly good people all funny, nice and a great environment to be in
plus mall discount
Great job
Cashier (Former Employee), KitchenerFebruary 8, 2014
Great Starter job
Learned allot of Starting skills
Cash , preparing food
Crew Member, Part-time job (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 23, 2014
Each crew member had a lot of responsibilities. Whether it be closing, opening or mid day duties. Individually, each of us had to be able to complete these task on our own or dictated duties to other crew member if we need help.
A fun place to work to gain experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2013
Pros: free food
From the time I start my job, I will have to be on my feet serving customers with a pleasing personality.
Co-workers have always been very co-operative.
On a very busy day, it is a bit of stress, but enjoyable.
End of the day job satisfaction is the most enjoyable part of my job