New York Fries Employee Reviews

The dissapointment
Supervisor (Mississauga) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 October 2017
When working in new york fries, it was;t too bad when i first started, however i did get promoted and they haven't given me the proper raise. We've had several managers get fired and it wasn't right because they were simply doing their job and head office didn't have the right to fire them but they did. I learned how to do cash out, for closing, and several health violations and how to prevent that. I learned a lot of about customer service. The job wasn't hard for me at all, at first lifting baskets were hard but i did get used to it. and the most enjoyable would be the co workers who always kept me in a good mood.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
head office and management
Could be better
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON20 September 2017
Could be better. There is a lot of drama here and it's not a healthy environment. It would be wise to work somewhere else. Management is very unprofessional
Pros
Free food
Cons
Gossip
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 August 2017
A very good place to work at cause I gained a lot of experience that I never had. Very friendly co workers. I learned a lot from Nee York fries that I was able to apply to my other job or volunteer work I had.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Inflexible hours
Productive and fun environment
KITCHEN STAFF (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 August 2017
A typical day at work involves preparation of food orders, maintaining cleanliness of kitchen and work area and checking on supplies. it is a fun place to work in because the management and the staff are supportive and very welcoming. Everyone is willing to teach you how to do things.
Pros
very supportive team
typical place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON23 August 2017
its easy, and fun, see alot of new faces, its a simple job and i get paid decent. flexable hours and the bosses are so nice and laid back its unreal. i suggest this job
Pros
free food
Cons
It wasn't a very challenging job once you get used to it.
Inventory Control/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2017
It's not always busy in my workplace, there are only certain times when people will burst in and make long line. I believe I was well-trained for my position so I'm able to handle it and to be initiative in working on other things whenever there's free time.
Pros
Free food
its easy job but be prepare to work alone for time to time.
Food Prep/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 July 2017
its easy job but be prepare to work alone for time to time, but it depends on the owner of the franchise. fun whens busy. if you mentain the cleanliness of the store it is really easy for you to clean the store.
Key-holder/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 June 2017
At New York Fries, the management was okay. I would only get about two shifts a week and when I first started I was making $10.50, five cents under minimum wage.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Terrible Ownership
upbeat environment, great people to work with
Daily Server (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS30 May 2017
I learned a lot working there, great organization with great employees, felt like family the majority of the time. hardest part was the small space with a lot of employees but all in all a great team.
Pros
free drinks, half priced food
Cons
small space, weird hours
Fun place to work at
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Innisfil, ON27 May 2017
- worked hard
- learned customer service skills
- management was great
-the hardest part was keeping up with the fries
- I loved the people there and the environment
fast paced job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2017
Fast paced job
always have to look happy for costumer to see
always look approachable
have to make sure to time the fries when cooking
properly clean the store
Pros
mall discount
Cons
very short hours like 4-6 and once a week schedule
Bad Management
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2017
I never knew what my schedule was. It was really stressful. Management would change my schedule behind my back and i would get angry phone calls, asking me why i didn't show up to work.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
no free food
Good 1st time job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 May 2017
very very easy and simple. great for teens. heavy lifting is involved to lift potatoes. the hardest part is cutting potatoes but its easy after awhile. id for sure apply again. very fun and very easy to learn.
Pros
discount is 50% off
Cons
heavy liftng
Easy, laid back, mindless work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 April 2017
With a small menu and the small scale of the stores usually there is not very much to do so this job can be great if you are in high school or college and looking for some money on the side. It is the type of job that you go and work and never have to think about it outside of the job. The staff and management are good and it is enjoyable.
Enjoyable but sometimes draining
Front liner (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON16 April 2017
During the time I worked at New York Fries I had met some nice people who I enjoyed working with but there were some negative things about working there. When I had first started I was in training, obviously, their training was pretty good and it covered everything you had to do in a few weeks. I had good hours and I enjoyed working there. But after a couple months it started to emotionally drain me. There were some negative people in the workplace and it effected the way I would work. Majority of the people who worked there were very kind and enjoyable people. It was a decent first job and I'm glad I had the opportunity to work there. I had to resign due to me needing a job closer to home.
Pros
good hours
Cons
negative people
new york fries
cashier.cook (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON8 April 2017
it would be a really good place to work if the work team was put together properly and logically. the team members working when i worked just didnt mesh well together at all.
Lots of opportunity
Full time Cashier/Team member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2017
I worked less than a year in New York Fries and I have learned so much from being a cashier, to fryer and providing excellent costumer service. My coworkers were always helpful and encouraging. I love working at New York Fries because not only I improved my skills this job also helped me saved money to pay off OSAP.
Pros
Manager was really nice and very professional on top of that I can get to bring home free food
Cons
I did not get enough hours
Fun place to work
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON21 February 2017
Loved this job!!! Enjoyed the environment and the people I worked with. Friendly environment and fast paced it's just a really layer back place to work
Great Place to start your employment experience
Franchise Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 February 2017
I look back on my time as a New York Fries manager with fond memories. I learned a lot skills that have helped me to further my career throughout the years.
Terrible.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON2 February 2017
The job itself is not the greatest. It is a good job for a teenager who needs a good starter job. Management is not fair towards they're employees. Hours are okay.