New York Fries

New York Fries Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
New York Fries
Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 26, 2014
New York Fries was the second job I got in high school. Working there was a really good time for me. I started out as a cashier, and once the store got sold, we were trained to do all the positions. Through time, I became a cook, and eventually was the manager until I moved to St Catharine's for school.

As the manager, I had to do the stock, keep count – more... on everything we had in the store, so that we don't run out and to place the order twice a week. I created schedule, working between the lives of busy students. I had to talk with the owner and head office a fair bit to keep everyone up to date on how the store was. I had to teach everyone about new promotions that came out. I trained new staff how to open and close the store, and the general responsibilities of working there.

All in all, working at New York Fries taught me both good leadership and teamwork skills. – less
security
Corporate Store Manager (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 16, 2014
Pros: free foods
Cons: poor career growth
For almost 4 years I've been working in New York Fries, I learned a lot most especially in managing the store. The trust that the company gave me was superb. They gave me a chance to travel in Toronto, New Brunswick and Quebec.
Fun
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), New Market Upper Canada MallFebruary 10, 2014
We Joked
Had a good time,
the people i worked with were mainly good people all funny, nice and a great environment to be in
plus mall discount
Great job
Cashier (Former Employee), KitchenerFebruary 8, 2014
Great Starter job
Learned allot of Starting skills
Cash , preparing food
Crew Member, Part-time job (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 23, 2014
Each crew member had a lot of responsibilities. Whether it be closing, opening or mid day duties. Individually, each of us had to be able to complete these task on our own or dictated duties to other crew member if we need help.
A fun place to work to gain experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2013
Pros: free food
From the time I start my job, I will have to be on my feet serving customers with a pleasing personality.
Co-workers have always been very co-operative.
On a very busy day, it is a bit of stress, but enjoyable.
End of the day job satisfaction is the most enjoyable part of my job
fun workplace with reasonable hours
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Grimsby,ONOctober 28, 2013
Pros: regular work schedule with decent hous
A typical day would involve prepping food, opening store, and conversing with customers. While working here I learned how to be a good assistant manager. The co-workers where enjoyable, and fun to work with on a day to day basis. The hardest part of this job was notifying employees when they where doing something wrong. The most enjoyable part was ensuring – more... the customers where satisfied. – less
productive, and friendly co-workers.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Mic Mac Mall, Dartmouth, NSSeptember 2, 2013
Cons: not many hours.
A typical day at New York Fries usually consisted of clocking in, and beginning to make meals for families and mall employees. Throughout a shift I would work cash, fryers, food preparation and out back, cleaning and preparing ingredients for the different stations within New York Fries.
I learned communication skills, and how to properly conduct myself – more... in stressful and difficult situations at New York Fries. In many situations I was able to keep a nice and polite composure while dealing with difficult customers.
Working at New York Fries aided me in dealing with management and co-workers who may have had a bad day, or were going through stressful situations. For the most part my co-workers and managers were always a pleasure to work with, and very understanding and easy going.
The most enjoyable part of working at New York Fries was working with some terrific people and learning how to balance my time between work and college. I would look forward to going to work after a difficult day of classes and seeing the energetic and friendly people I got to work with. – less
Team Work
Team Member (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 31, 2013
Pros: lots of hours, 2$ for food when working
Cons: no benefits
I Really Like The Team Work , its was fun , didn't had no problems with them , give you good and proper training .
Great environment and hard working team.
Cashier, Cook/Perpare (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONAugust 15, 2013
Pros: free lunch, 2 breaks, awesome workers, paycheck
Cons: being mistreated
A typical day at New York Fries would insist of running the cashier, cut and preparing fries as well as the cooking. During and after every shift I would participate in the clean up and re-stalking around the store.
What I have learned throughout this experience is how important team work is in such a little setting. New York Fries is an extremely small – more... place which can get very busy and team work is an very important aspect when having a job. I also learned how to deal with cash.
Management was okay, I disagreed with some of ways they would come across things such as approaching us employees, as well as giving us unfair rights. All in all I had no big complaints.
My co-workers were the best. I enjoyed working with mainly all of them and the way they would come together as one was extremely impressive. They have grown to be long term friends and have became a big part in my life even though I no longer work their. They all brought a smile to my face and made me excited to come into work.
The hardest part of the job was being able to lift the heavy baskets. Due to the handles you must hold to carry the baskets full of fries were really heavy and unbalanced which got difficult after a while.
The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to interact with different customers in the mall and becoming kind of like a family with my co-workers. I am a very sociable person and enjoyed doing cashier a lot. – less
Full time or part time, they had it all
Cashier (Former Employee), Whitby, ONMay 14, 2013
The best manager I ever had was at the Whitby location, her name was Sarah. She provided awesome scheduling for employees who did their job correctly. Fast and fun environment, with great co workers
busy and fun work place same time productive
Team member (Former Employee), Regina, SKMay 4, 2013
Pros: few steps from my home
Cons: lunch not free
enjoying work as team player with cooperative staff
learned a lot such as inventory, cash handling,management,
to close alone and same time serving customer is the hardest part
everyday meet new people that's during busy hours and give them free samples is the enjoyable part of the job.
everything
Cashier (Former Employee), Gatineau, QCMarch 9, 2013
Pros: i learned a lot of new skills and experiences
Cons: was not managed properly
Its not an easy job there are lot's of things you have to learn and do on your own . The environment was not the greatest to work in because it seemed that people cared more about starting problems than the work. The management skills was not the greatest either because the job for ordering supplies etc. was never done right . The manager would barley – more... ever show for her shift . So i would always get double booked or go in on my days off witch i did not mind doing all tho after awhile it tends to get annoying . The district manager made it seem that he dint care about you're safety as long as his work got done – less
Fast pace yet safe work environment that allows employees to develop interpersonal skills related to the fast food industry
Front Liner - Customer Service (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 5, 2013
Pros: free meals on break, great co-workers and management, safety first...
Cons: issues with availability
A typical day consists of and open where employees prepare the store for the day. This consists of preparing any foods that are served. The majority of the day consists of sales and is indicative of a typical fast food service. Finally, the close is the last job required and is primarily a time where cleaning and stocking occurs. The close also prepares – more... the store for the following day. As an employee, we learn how to work in a fast pace team environment. we learn to effectively communicate with one another and develop the interpersonal skill of relationship development. The management at NYF is committed to providing employees with a safe work environment and policies that are not restrictive yet are required to maintain order and functionality within the business. Co-workers at NYF are the most rewarding part of the job. As an employee you meet and develop relationships with employees that are committed to working hard. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to provide service to those who wish to purchase NYF's product. It is rewarding to see that a customer has been satisfied by the service we as employees provide – less
It was a great learning experience.
Line Cook (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: met some good people working there.
Cons: management was at time disorganized, and disgruntled.
Make sure the maintenance was kept up to date. Dealing with customer's demands or request's.
Great starting job
Front and back staff (Former Employee), Richmond, BCDecember 13, 2012
Pros: free fries
Cons: hard physical work to make fries
It was my first time ever to get a job. Training is simple and easy. Friendly co-workers and fun to talk with. The hardest part of the job is cutting the potatoes and the most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to meet and communicate with many different faces as you work.
productive, learning experiences
Associate (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONNovember 19, 2012
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: not enough hours
i learned to manage my time better, co-workers were great the hardest part of the job lifting. most enjoyable part, able to put myself in the work
Small, close knit, family like
Clerk (Current Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONNovember 10, 2012
Although the job was high paced and physically demanding at times, ie. Lifting, trimming and cutting 50 lb boxes of potatoes, up to 300 lbs per day, I enjoy keeping busy and seeing and getting to know regular customers and other patrons.
Apply if u want to work for 3 months then get layed off for nothing
Fry cook (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCOctober 5, 2012
Pros: free small fries on shift
Cons: everything else
I worked here for 3 months and they gave me the worst exuce for laying me off "we dont feel like u want to get promoted so were letting u go" funny thing is I went back there 4 months after and all my co-workers were gone and there was a new staff, manager included .. And before u dismiss this it wasn't the store manager that hired or layed me off it – more... was the reginal manager for b.c. – less
Very good for beginners
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 13, 2012
was a good beginning job, coworkers were very friendly, good environment to work in.