New United Goderich Inc. is located in Huron Park, Ontario and specializes in paint, interior, maintenance and avionics on small, mid-size jets and turboprop aircraft. Providing a cost effective quality product has driven our phenomenal growth and we are currently hiring qualified and skilled Purchasers.
Job Title: Purchaser
Reports to: Planning Manager
Anticipated start date: 2 weeks
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week; days and possible swing shifts including evenings, nights, weekends; overtime may be necessary
- Review Purchase and Acquisition (P&A) to verify accuracy/urgency for appropriate action
- Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more materials when necessary
- Locate suppliers using sources such as the internet, catalogs and interview supplier to gather information about products to be ordered
- Compare prices, certifications and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and information to departments originating requests
- Respond to supplier and department inquiries about order status, changes or cancellations
- Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries and other issues
- Track and update the Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) status of orders
- Provide any unusual or difficult Purchase and Acquisition (P&A) to the Stores Lead if unable to provide pricing within the 24 hour period
- Filing of Purchase Orders on a daily basis
- Back-up duties including shipping & receiving and service counter help as time permits
- Work overtime from time to time as required
- Additional duties as assigned
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Accurate data entry skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly organized, sound time management and multi-tasking abilities
- Enthusiastic, versatile, willing to learn, take responsibility and demonstrate initiative
Qualifications: Completion of High School; Completion of College with a Diploma in Purchasing. The ideal candidate should possess at least 2 years in Purchasing; aviation experience is an asset.
Pay / Salary: $16-$19 per hour, commensurate with experience – this is an hourly position with benefits.
How to apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume to the attention of the HR/Training Manager, Sandra Defillat via this ad. Please quote reference number “Purchaser004” when applying.
New United Goderich Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their submissions, however due to the anticipated large volume of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.