New United Goderich Inc. is located in Huron Park, Ontario and specializes in paint, interior, maintenance and avionics on large aircraft. We are currently seeking a Junior Accountant:
Job Title: Junior Accountant
Reports to: Controller
Anticipated start date: August 2014
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week; days
Job Description – First 4 months
- Petty Cash disbursements and balancing on a weekly basis
- Employee purchases and expense reports - posting & balancing
- Complete ordering of office / shop supplies as required and approved
- Answer phones when required
- Complete bi-weekly payroll duties including balancing production hours, input into payroll spreadsheets, balance banked hours, input payroll into on-line system for direct deposit and complete contractor balancing and payments (QP document provided for training)
- Utilize all systems presently in place (some may not be recorded) unless new procedure is recorded and approved by the President, Vice President or Controller
- Matching invoices to parts receiving reports & posting in Simply Accounting
- Balancing Vendor statements and complete appropriate follow up for any issues
- Sort, process and verify applications, receipts and other documents as per company procedure
- Receive and forward telephone or electronic enquires
- Perform basic bookkeeping tasks
- Maintain active and archived filing system as per company procedure
- Provide general information to clients and public
- Photocopy and collate documents for distribution, mailing and filing
- Locate appropriate paperwork for management inquiries
- Run errands in community such as mail, banking, pick-ups or drop-offs
- Report any Quality issues, damage, injury or inappropriate actions, and/or behavior of any co-workers to your supervisor immediately
- Maintain Outlook calendar for days off, holidays, etc.
- Payroll and accounting duties
- Any other duties as assigned/required by management
After 4 months:
- Responsible for G/L preparation and analysis
- All account analyzed including bank reconciliations
- Month End preparation and analysis
- Generation of Accounts Payable Cheques
- Cash Flow Projections
- Monthly government remittances
- Simply Accounting
- Microsoft office/Outlook/Excel
- Highly organized, sound time management and multi-tasking abilities
Qualifications: Completion of High School; Post-Secondary Education (completion or in progress). The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of five (5) years’ experience and working towards their designation.
Pay / Salary: Commensurate with experience – this is an hourly position.
How to apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume to the attention of the HR/Training Manager, Sandra Defillat at sdefillat @newunitedgoderich. com (remove spaces).
New United Goderich Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their submissions, however due to the anticipated large volume of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.