Library Clerk Position Available
New Sarepta Public Library
Start Date: November 1, 2012
4-8 hours per week + Relief
Library Clerk Position Description:
“The work involves the performance of routine library clerical duties necessary for the proper organization and distribution of library materials. No prior knowledge of library procedures is required; on the job training is provided. Work is performed under direct supervision of Library Manager. May supervise pages and volunteers. Does related work as required.”
The successful candidate will have:
· Excellent computer skills with the ability to quickly learn new software, systems, procedures and new forms of technology.
· Good communication skills and experience working with the public
· The ability to work in small groups and alone with minimal supervision
· A basic knowledge of libraries, and their function. Volunteer and work experience is an asset.
· Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to show initiative and adaptability in a variety of situations
*The successful candidate will also be required to submit a current criminal record check before an employment contract can be issued.
Please e-mail resume or submit in person to New Sarepta Public Library – 5150 Centre Street on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3-9pm or on Saturdays from 11am-3pm.
For more information, please call Willow at 780-975-7513
Competition closes at 3pm on Saturday, October 27th, 2012. Only applicants who have been accepted for interviews will be contacted.