New Music Channel is seeking an experienced writer/editor with an ability to take large amounts of information and condense it into catchy, engaging content.
The role involves using information provided by our bands that is in a Q&A format and rewriting it into six bullet points that will appeal to a broad audience. Some blogging about what’s going on behind the scenes at New Music Channel will also be a part of this position.
- Ability to quickly analyze information and discern which is most compelling.
- Strong writing skills.
- Well organized and able to meet daily deadlines.
- Write quickly while under pressure.
- Team player who can work independently.
- Enthusiasm for contributing to a positive workplace with other fun, creative people.
- Journalism or communications diploma or degree.
- Experience at a weekly or daily newspaper an asset.
- Understanding of how to write to different target audiences.
- Interest in music a plus.
This position will be based at New Music Channel’s international head office in Kamloops, B.C., and offers $16 per hour.
Send your resume and a cover letter that details why you’re the writer for us
by Monday, Aug. 11 2014