We are looking for a trustworthy and skilled live-in caregiver to take care of our 2 young children in our home.
Terms of employment: Full-time and live-in
Salary: $10.15/hour for 45 hours/week
Location: Coldbrook, Nova Scotia
Children’s ages: Infant (3months to 11 months) and
Kindergarten age/ school (4-6 years)
Education: Secondary school or equivalent, post-secondary education is an asset.
Experience: 6 months training or relevant experience
Languages: English fluency required, and fluency in Filipino/Tagalog an asset
- Supervise and care for children,
- Bathe, dress and feed infants and children,
- Prepare infants and children for rest periods,
- Help children with homework,
- Organize, activities such as games and outings for children,
- Prepare craft materials and assist children to use them,
- Instruct children in personal hygiene and social development,
- Read to children,
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals,
- Sterilize bottles, prepare formulas and change diapers for infants,
- Wash, iron and press clothing and household linens,
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties,
- Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents,
- Travel with family on trips and assist with child supervision and housekeeping duties,
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home,
- Tend to emotional well-being of children,
- Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents,
- Take children to and from school and to appointments.
Work setting: Private home; Reside in private household for the duration of employment
Security and Safety: Basic security clearance, Criminal record check
How to Apply:
By Mail: P.O. Box 43; Lakeside, Nova Scotia; B3T 1M6
By reply to this advertisement.
Indeed - 19 months ago