Candidates Required: 1, Permanent
Specialization: Software Development
Candidate Required: Senior .NET Software Developer
Skill Level: Senior
Job Description: Our client, located in the Markham area, is looking for a Senior ,NET Software Developer or a Development Lead to join their team on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Development Manager, as key member of the Software Development team, the Development Lead is responsible for the design and development of Retail Pharmacy Application, focusing on improving quality of application design and coding practices.
The Development Lead is also responsible for the fostering team work, coordination, and efficiency amongst developers as well as ensuring the ongoing improvement and adherence to internal standards and procedures.
The Development Lead works closely with Development Manager, Scrum Master, Product Owner, Agile Team members, DBA, and Configuration Specialist, to organize, prioritize, and manage the various aspects of development activities and dependencies that contribute to both long-term project and product development as well as shorter-term maintenance and support needs.
- Convene with Product Owner and Agile Team Members to review design options and high-level estimates and assist with cost-benefit analysis of options
- Evaluate and perform design trade-offs regarding the architecture and software Components.
- Develop prototypes and participate in iterative design and development activities.
- Design, develop and maintain Pharmacy Retail application using .NET (C# / VB.NET), Powerbuilder and SQL languages.
- Provide technical leadership, coaching and mentoring, fostering ongoing collaboration within the team
- Champion and contribute to evolving and enhancing best practices in software development within the team.
- Assume 3rd level production support responsibilities as per schedule.
- Evaluate ongoing support problems and develop long-term plans for support improvements.
- A willingness to learn and do a small portion of work in Powerbuilder 12.5.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 7+ years of advanced experience developing software in an Object Oriented Language.
- 5+ years of professional experience with Microsoft’s .NET platform (C# / VB.NET/ ASP.NET)
- Experience branching and merging with Version Control Systems (VSS, TFS, SVN, Git, etc.)
- Experience with 3rd party/community based frameworks like log4net, nunit, nhibernate, etc
- Deep understanding of SoA and WebServices (SOAP/REST)
- Experience with .NET remoting, WCF and IIS
- Strong skills in RDBMS, database design, and SQL.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- 3+ years of leading development teams on mid to large size software projects.
- A strong passion to keep up with new industry trends and standards.
- Ability to teach and implement application design patterns.
- Must be delivery-focused and able to take ownership of project deadlines.
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas both technically and to the business.
- Ability to resolve conflicts among team members and develop consensus.
- Ability to grasp business concepts driving technology requests and decisions.
- Self-motivated and able to work within a team environment or independently.
Nice to Have
- Experience working in an Agile (Scrum / Kanban) environment.
- Knowledgeable with incident management and problem resolution life cycles.
- Solid experience working with automated testing tools and continuous integration.
- Experience writing code for money in second or third Object Oriented Language
Specialization and Skills: Software Development .NET 8 - 10 years
ASP.NET 8 - 10 years
C# .NET 8 - 10 years
PowerBuilder 8 - 10 years
SQL 8 - 10 years
VB.NET 8 - 10 years
WCF 8 - 10 years
Additional Requirements: Skill Name Experience
Please explain your experience as a senior software developer working with all .NET platforms (C#/VB/ASP). Must-have
Please explain your experience with developing software in an Object Oriented Language. Must-have
Please explain your skills in RDBMS, database design and SQL. Must-have
Please explain your experience leading/managing a team of 5+ software developers. Must-have