New Horizons is a not-for-profit learning centre offering unique educational programs to the greater Hamilton area. Since 2006, our dedicated team of experts have been committed to helping students of all ages to succeed in school. As a registered and inspected private school, we offer a full range of high school credit courses, upgrading and tutoring at all levels and subject areas.
New Horizons is currently seeking qualified instructors and tutors for Senior High School Math and Science. We offer competitive wages, flexible hours and a unique learning environment. Working at New Horizons provides the opportunity to assist learners of all ages and skill levels and gain valuable teaching experience. Previous experience working with Learning Disabilities and Special Education an asset.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a current resume and cover letter clearly stating teachable subjects and grade levels to the attention of L Millington.
No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. New Horizons Education is an equal opportunity employer.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Flexible schedule **DAYTIME AVAILABILITY**
- Ability to use a variety of learning modalities in instruction
- Excellent computer skills
- Familiarity with assistive technology an asset
- Previous experience working with students with learning disabilities and special education an asset
- Experience with assessment, student evaluation and reporting
- Knowledge of current Ontario Secondary School curriculum for senior maths and sciences