Kitchen Manager Job Description
Directly responsible for all kitchen functions including food purchasing, preparation and maintenance of quality standards; sanitation and cleanliness; training of employees in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion and cost control and sanitation and cleanliness. The Kitchen Manager reports directly to General Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Make employment and termination decisions including interviewing, hiring, evaluating and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate.
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies and procedures and oversee training of new kitchen employees.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and all labor cost objectives are met.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Oversee the training of kitchen personnel in safe operation of all kitchen equipment and utensils.
- Responsible for training kitchen personnel in cleanliness and sanitation practices including safety training.
- A minimum of 5 years kitchen experience in all stations.
- At least 1 year experience in a similar capacity
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel and guests.
- Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Red Seal Certification preferred
Indeed - 10 months ago