New Brunswick Community College Employee Reviews

Unprofessional and Unethical
Instructor (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick29 April 2017
No rules in place for instructor/student relationships so you will find Inappropriate involvements of instructors dealing with student issues with other faculty. There is no expectation of professionalism if staff.
You are expected to favour certain students and give free passes based who they are related to and which instructors they are friends with.
You are expected to put in very long hours with not much prep time and very heavy workloads.
Fair treatment is not to be expected there.
Pros
Great medical benefits
Cons
Terrible corporate culture and work environment
Great summer student job
Casual Student (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB24 April 2017
Working at the school you go to shows the involvement of the staff to make it what it is . Friendly admins/staff make for a pleasant work experience for the student
Great work environment and an excellent company to work for
Instrumentation and Controls Technologist (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB27 November 2016
On a typical day at work I would be maintaining or installing electrical equipment. The staff I worked with were great because every day I learned something new that would make the next day more exciting than the last. The hardest part of my job was being given pieces of equipment that I knew nothing about. I would then have to implement the equipment into new processes to optimize the efficiency of it. The most enjoyable part of my job was always learning new things and getting to use what I learned in a practical way.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
The hourly wage
Physically demanding
Hvac/r Technician (Former Employee) –  canada7 December 2015
Very good honest hard work. Lots of team work and motivation. Most of the time everyone was well looked after.In extremely stressful moments overall at the end of the work day it was very gratifying.
Pros
great pay, everyone helped each other to get the jobs completed
Cons
long long over night contracts
jaitor
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NB19 May 2015
great place to work
awesome management and co workers
job was enjoyable
learned how to clean colleges.
kept you in shape because of all the waking.
Great summer employment
Drafting Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB3 February 2015
As far as a summer job goes, this was excellent. I was able to do some of the work from home. I worked alone most of the time so I didn't really have co-workers.
Excellent place to work.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB16 July 2013
During my time as a Night School instructor I was not able to meet many members of the regular staff, but those I did work with were exceptional individuals. Many of the staff were always willing to offer insight and help into any issue that arose in the classrooms.
Pros
Helpful staff
Great place if you want to work yourself into a nervous breakdown!
Instructor (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick4 March 2013
Large classes, vague curriculum, huge expectation to work very long hours, substandard pay, no support for instructors, no opportunities for advancement.
Very good place to work
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB9 January 2013
I only deal with the night school co-ordinator and she is helpful and always there if you need any assistance with your classes
Very friendly, respectable workplace.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Grand Falls, NB8 August 2012
I absolutely loved working for this college, the students were amazing and the co-workers were very good people. Working there felt like being part of thier family.

I loved being busy and having so many things to do, but the worst part about this job was not being able to finish all the work in the same day, because there was just so much to do.

I also enjoyed working for my boss because she appreciate the work I did and always treated me as an equal.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no air conditioning
Incredible experience working in the field of Adult Education
Satellite Site Coordinator / Instructor (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 July 2012
Opportunity for growth and development as an instructor was only limited by one's level of creativity.
Pros
teamwork, support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Brunswick Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

New Brunswick Community College Reviews by Location