New Balance Employee Reviews

Footwear knowledge is good but that is it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON1 September 2017
At first you learn a lot about the technology, learn how to watch people to walk and guide them from there. Liked the customers and some of the people I met. In the beginning it was good, you are talked to well and with respect but I found the Store Manager is hot and cold depending on who you are.

If you are liked then you get better treated. I found the work culture got worse after three months. The work load was divided up by if who the keys wanted to work with.

Eventually left on good terms but honestly worst place I have worked in retail and it is too bad there are not a lot more reviews on this company as there are a lot of unsaid things that should be followed through.
Pros
Free shoes
Cons
management hot and cold; no flexiblity with hours
Brand Marketing specialist
Brand Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 May 2017
As brand marketing specialist I deal with:
- All Public Relations for New Balance Canada. Including managing PR agencies, magazine and TV coverage, etc.
- Social media - Instagram/ facebook/ twitter/ youtube
- Ambassadors - make sure all ambassadors are versed on new and upcoming product. Making sure they adhere to their contracts with social posts, event activation, media inquiries to help grow the brand.
- Marketing all Lifestyle product. Creating launches, instore displays, and success for all new and upcoming lifestyle product launches.
decent place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 April 2017
Since its a franchise, your experience will depend on the location. Mine had a bad owner who cared only about profits not the well being of the staff. Discounts was good at 1/2 off and 30% for fam and friends but thats it. I guess I learnt how lie about shoes too.
Pros
%50 off
Cons
long hours, bad shifts, not caring management
tres exigent
Service à la Clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 January 2017
Une journée demande beaucoup de travail, vous avec beaucoup de cotas différents a atteindre.

Les employés sont tout de fois très agréables.
Fun Workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON4 January 2017
Working for new balance taught me a lot about our feet and the importance of the right pair of shoes for different sports activities. It was a fun and energetic work environment. The manager was also very enthusiastic and projected a very positive attitude towards her employers.
Pros
Free running shoes
Cons
unflexible hours
Productive and comfortable workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2016
I learned a lot about customer service during my time at New Balance. The store location was Bayview Village mall therefore I had to manage difficult customers from time to time. The management made the training period for the job very easy and understandable. Everyone in this work environment, including my co-workers and I, were welcoming and kind to all customers and new members of the team. The work place was very productive as we had to meet a sales quota by the end of each day per person. I learned to organize incoming deliveries as well as improved my skills in sales. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to match customers with useful information as every shoe was unique to their concerns. Providing the wrong type of shoe could result in serious damage to their joints during exercise, therefore it was very important to pay attention during training and learn every aspect of each type of shoe provided by the company.
Pros
Comfortable work environment.
Cons
Too many employees to distribute hours between.
Cozy store with a fridge
ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2015
The co-workers were friendly and enjoyable to work with. Learned a lot about how to make a sale and interact with customers.
Great atmosphere, Poor pay
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 August 2014
Great place to work. I would recommend anyone work here. Only cons I have is pay will probably be lower than average AND you will work long hours at times with no overtime. However, the atmosphere here is to work for. Very casual and you can truly be yourself with little adverse impact.
Pros
Great work atmosphere (very casual, you can truly be yourself)
Cons
Long Hours; Poor Salary
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto / Waterloo26 March 2014
Responsibilities at New Balance included: opening and closing the store, daily, weekly and monthly paperwork, customer service, scheduling, training new employees, leading product knowledge meetings, purchasing, and working closely with head office.
Enjoyed people contact
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta16 March 2013
Making patients comfortable with a positive attitude. Learned
patient bookings. Always wear a smile. Very good place to
work re: my boss and others in the company. Nothing was
hard to do. Enjoyed the patients and their stories.
Pros
starting times for the day was good.
Cons
enjoyed the job no problems.