NEW-LINE HOSE & FITTINGS Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Staying Busy Makes the Days Fly By!
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 May 2017
I've always worked for "mom & pop shop" type companies, and (even though New-Line is fairly large) I fit right in. Same family owns it since they opened (1972), and constantly growing.

I got hired on to do customer service, basically inside sales. The first few weeks they had me job shadow other positions in the company. At first I wasn't too pumped but have a better appreciation for other departments.

I knew very little about hose or fittings before accepting this position, but the training was phenomenal. I do like finding answers for myself, so I excelled at the training tests.

Hardest part: Saying no to a customer, didn't happen often but never liked giving away sale no matter what.

Most enjoyable: Staying busy, a regular day feels like 3 hours because I kept so busy and focused.
Pros
"Small company" feel, decent pay, great support, innovative, employee lounge has an awesome view.
Cons
Vending machine always gets stuck, parking can be tough, lunch options are limited in the area.
Horrible management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 December 2016
Horrible safety record. Not a safe work environment and management does not care about worker safety. The warehouse managers take advantage of workers. HR no help and useless.
Fun place to work
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 May 2014
Good place overall, needs some corporate touches. Management needs to learn how to be managers not buddies and separate the upper manager from the front line worker.