New-Line is a leading distributor of industrial and hydraulic hose, fittings, associated products and services. We have been in business since 1972 and our products are sourced on a global basis from industry leading manufacturers. Our products and specialized services are distributed across a very diverse range of industries with customers in the Resale Distributor, OEM and MRO market channels. Training on our products, company, and industry will be provided. Please visit www.new-line.com for further information.
Responsible for company’s Internet & E-Commerce Sales Operations including the development, implementation, and management of strategies, processes and resources to meet company objectives with increased sales and customer satisfaction through the company’s on-line web presence. Jointly reports to Vice President of Operations & Vice President of Sales.
Job Functions, Responsibilities & Requirements:
1) Develop and maintain company’s online sales tactics, resources, targeted broadcasts, webstore and online marketing programs in a B2B and B2C environment.
2) Increase market share and penetration by identifying customer’s needs, targeting competitive opportunities, and tailoring online merchandising.
3) Identify and analyze trends, technology and opportunities to increase sales and brand equity.
4) Communicate, collaborate, and liaison online sales activities with mangers, employees, customers, and suppliers.
5) Facilitate troubleshooting of webstore and updating databases with new information.
6) Provides feedback and training to engage other departments relating to online sales operations.
7) Provides input on budgets and operating plans, ensures goals are continually met and maximizes ROI. Supplies management with online plans, creative ideas, and progress updates.
8) Participates in market and product development, company events, training, and tradeshows to keep abreast of opportunities and competitive activities.
9) Maintain Job Description, Procedures and Operating Checklists.
Education, Experience & Knowledge:
1) Sales, marketing, and merchandising related post secondary education.
2) Strong understanding and proven results in a B2B and B2C Online Sales Environment.
3) General understanding of macro-economics and business management. Strong understanding of MRO, OEM and Resale channels and supply chain functions.
4) Strong understanding of customer service, customer needs, pricing, logistics and other requirements of a distribution based industry.
5) Strong understanding of customer applications, detailed technical knowledge of New-Line and competitors products and services, industry terminology and part numbers.
6) Completion of New-Line Training / Quizzes and Supplier Certifications (Aeroquip Level 200).
Personal Skills & Abilities:
1) Excellent oral and written English communication skills – including grammar.
2) Multi-task in a highly accurate, organized, efficient and effective manner.
3) Ability to work independently with initiative and self motivation, as well as in a team.
4) Ability to troubleshoot, make decisions and take ownership of tasks.
5) Demonstrated basic mechanical aptitude and problem solving abilities.
6) Proficient business technology skills including keyboarding and use of mobile phones, tele-conferencing, web-conferencing, computers, etc.
7) Proficient use of ERP, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer, and Photoshop.
8) Desktop Publishing and Graphic Design concepts for website/webstore development.
9) HTML basics, Google analytics, SEO practices, and knowledge of Social Media trends.
Remuneration, Hours, Travel and Other Job Requirements:
1) Full time. Total compensation range $50,000-$75,000 depending on experience and performance. Full benefits.
2) Ability to visit our branches and customer or vendor facilities. Possible occasional travel to attend trade shows or training functions.