We provide Industrial Electrical and Mechanical support to manufacturing facilities throughout the Greater Vancouver area. This support includes:
- Electrical construction and distribution -- Lighting upgrades, power distribution, panel installation, Machinery hook up and testing, supply and installation of VFDs, Motors and Gearboxes, installation of High Voltage Unit Substations, Thermographic Imaging and reports etc.
- Facility relocation -- we move entire factories. This involves documentation of existing equipment and layouts, planning and design of new installation, coordination with other trades.
- Panel building -- Design and installation of control systems/panels for a variety of machines and processes. Including pneumatic controls, custom test stands and prototype equipment.
- PLC Programming -- in addition to providing emergency response to customers who's systems are 'down', we also design and implement control systems from small machinery to entire facilities. We support every major brand of PLC.
- Mechanical support -- we have a full service machine shop. We provide all types of on-site welding (stainless steel, aluminum, tig, process piping etc). We also machine parts as required -- we have a milling machine, lathe, drill press etc.
- Refrigeration installation and maintenance -- primarily Freon systems in food production facilities. We have a fleet of trucks and JM Refrigeration Mechanics on call 24/7/365.
- 24/7 rapid response service to all of our customers for any of the trades we offer.
- Sourcing and Supply of equipment and materials.
We are currently hiring for the position of Journeyman Service Electrician. The successful candidate will:
- Hold a Red Seal Trades Qualification Certificate and Interprovincial Red Seal (5 years plus experience)
- Have experience in Industrial environments
- Be efficient in trouble shooting production machinery, control systems and power distribution
- Have solid experience in motor control
- Be proficient in the selection and installation of Variable Frequency Drives & Motors
- Have a firm understanding of the Canadian Electrical Code
- Be fluent in English, verbally and written (additional languages an asset)
- Be computer literate -- email, word documents, excel spreadsheets etc
- Be able to work individually or as part of a team -- you have to be a good communicator.
- Hold a valid BC drivers license with a clean record
- Be willing to learn and take courses as required to improve their skill set
- Be willing to be on call and work outside of normal working hours.
All Field Service Technicians are provided with a clean, organized vehicle with tools and some stock. All vehicles come with gas cards and GPS.
All Field Service Technicians are provided with an I-Phone for communications with the office.
This position IS NOT A MONDAY TO FRIDAY 8HR A DAY POSITION. You will be working various shifts and often on weekends. Overtime can be expected
Please email your resume