The Senior Field HSE Advisor is responsible for the overall health and safety of programs placed under their direction. This includes, but not limited to, conducting orientations, coordination of audits, inspections, safety meetings, safety training, reporting of all personnel, equipment and sub-contractors.
- Responsible for the safety of yourself, and all employees, subcontractors and all equipment within their care and control. Ensures that the company policy with respect to safety and operations is strictly adhered to by all personnel involved in company projects.
- Plans, coordinates and oversees all company field operations under their supervision to ensure that they are conducted in a safe manner.
- Collects and organizes all pertinent information related to the programs they supervise, including reporting, WCB claims, audits, inspection and near miss cards.
- Consults with appointed Manager to ensure that the objectives of the program and special requirements are understood. Formulates a plan of action to accomplish these objectives and approves this plan with the office supervisor.
- Notifies all subcontractors of the job safety requirements and ensures that they observe all company policies with respect to method of operation and safety.
- Communicates with all pertinent agencies as to the reporting of incidents and accidents. (i.e. government representatives, municipalities, WCB, Emergency Response Numbers.)
- Prepares a project commencement "check list"
- Coordinates PPE and safety equipment needed per program.
- Coordinates with Crew manager and advance workers to ensure that they are clear on specific program requirements, restrictions, safety regulations, objectives, and that they are provided with all pertinent safety information.
- Helps to direct regular safety meetings as to company policy and ensures that special safety meetings are held when required to address specific job requirements.
- Advises the crew during program execution to ensure that company objectives and policies are met in a safe and efficient manner.
- Investigates all incidents and near misses and follows up on corrective measure taken.
- Reviews and evaluates all safety aspects of the operation and makes recommendations.
- Maintains an action plan.
- Reports immediately to the Crew Manager and the company Health and Safety Manager in the event of any accidents or serious incidents. Investigation and full documentation of the accident/incident must be conducted as soon as possible as outlined in the company accident reporting policy.
- Promotes and maintains a standard of operation which will protect the welfare of employees and the quality of service to customers.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Pipeline Operations
- Valid driver’s license
- Standard First Aid/CPR
- Hazardous Materials or TDG certificate of training
- WHMIS certificate of training
- ATV certificate of training
- H2S Orientation
- A form of supervisory training would be beneficial
- Relevant Health and Safety courses
Neubas Technical Solutions is a recruitment and staffing company that specialize in sourcing the very best candidates for clients in the oil...