Network Rail

Network Rail Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Project Manager (Former Employee), London/MKAugust 14, 2014
Good hours, good work, reasonable pay.
Difficult to understand the direction of the business.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), londonAugust 6, 2014
dealing with difficult customers
meeting people
good expireance
Track Charge man (Former Employee), ashfordJuly 4, 2014
enjoyable physical I worked my way up to track chargeman I took redundancy due to job cuts at the time
Challenging environment to work within.
Project Management Assistant (Current Employee), Warrington, ENGJune 25, 2014
Pros: travel across the country. relaxed working environment.
Cons: management issues, continuous change to organisation structure.
I am currently looking for a new position due to recent and planned organisational change.

My current role is very challenging due to the technicalities of working within the rail industry and programmes continuously effected by issues out of our control such as possession/access issues.
Enjoyable but micro managed
Skivvy (Current Employee), newcastleJune 16, 2014
Pros: good salary, some great staff
Cons: long hours, poor rosters, higher managment, budgets
Although I enjoy my job and it is quite stressful, I currently feel that the higher managment do not trust their skilled employees and should back off and stop micro managing people. They should allow us to do our job that we are paid for.
Absolutely the best job
Travel Champion Volunteer (Former Employee), Birmingham, ENGMay 30, 2014
Just floor walking the station helping customers all around, learned new ways to develop my customer service skills verbally. My teammates were fantastic though we had a grumpy few I met a few who I am still currently in contact with. Hardest part of the job was leaving to go home. I just didn't want to leave I really thoroughly enjoyed my job so much.
Everything – more... was enjoyable the cultural environment, the atmosphere was incredible and I was always busy.
I do wish to get back into the railway it is my dream hope job and its the best experience. – less
good old days
ultrasonic enginneer (Former Employee), Exeter, ENGMay 22, 2014
although i enjoyed my 22 years things have become more technical and suited to the younger generation.also todays health and safety makes work harder because of the restraints.
Infrastructure Projects
Project Engineer Track (Current Employee), Reading, Berkshire, UKMay 20, 2014
5 years on the Reading Station Area Redevelopment project - circa 75% of the trackwork is complete. Track over the new 1850m Elevated Railway to do August - sept '14, Westury Junction remodelling Dec '14, then looking for a change post-xmas. Learnt a vast amount about track renewals, station remodelling, civils & eathworks, depots, signals etc.
Excellent role
Commercial Manager (Contract) (Current Employee), LondonMay 18, 2014
Very enjoyable dealing with the commercial management on various Distribution projects
Great Place to Work
Centralised Filing Senior Administrator (Current Employee), ManchesterMay 14, 2014
Cons: i've achieved as much as i can and gone as far as i can in the role i'm in.
Extremely friendly environment, Busy but fun place to work, the company gets involved in lots of activities, very good performance programme, the role can be challenging but very interesting.
Productive and Fun loving place
Project Commercial Assistant (Current Employee), Waterloo StationMay 11, 2014
Pros: travel discounts and extensive professional courses and training
Cons: long hours
Excellent place to work, very motivating environment and good salary packages and benefits.
Good for contracting only
Building Surveyor (Current Employee), Manchester, ENGApril 26, 2014
Pros: 28 days annual leave, pension
Cons: ovetime is expected and is unpaid. lots of office politics.
Excellent starting salary and benefits but then career stagnation. 'Reorganisations' happen on a yearly basis and staff frequently end up 'displaced' then redundant. A good place to work as a contractor (good rates of pay), but not as a permanent member of staff. There is a final salary pension scheme, but only if you last there for 5 years or more.
Vert good place to work
Student Placement (Former Employee), London, ENGApril 5, 2014
Very good place to work. Very professional. Lots of talented people working there.
Good
Graduate (Current Employee), London, ENGMarch 31, 2014
Learnt a lot about Excel.

Network Rail is a big company, if you are working under the right person then you will get the right training.
Group Strategy Management Accountant (Current Employee), Central LondonMarch 12, 2014
Pros: established system, processes and respectful management
Cons: slow and less demand
Each day is a different challenge which makes it exciting.

The managment is professional and working environment is ideal.
Professional company
Signalman (Former Employee), Coventry and LichfieldMarch 6, 2014
Pros: travel pass
Cons: long hours
Arrive 10 minutes before, relieving colleague and getting any information needed. checking timetable for the trains running on my shift, setting routes making sure trains run on time and on correct line. liaising with other signallers.
Checking documents on any changes made to health and safety.
Working to managements criteria.
Getting on and understanding – more... your co workers needs.
Being alert at all times, not losing any concentration.
Knowing you are part of a large organisation, delivering passengers and cargo safely. – less
Quality Assurance working in the Manufacturing & Engineering background
QA / Technical Engineer (Former Employee), NottinghamMarch 4, 2014
Pros: nice working environment, like minded colleagues
Cons: non team players
A typical day at worked included authoring procedures, SOP's, Quality metrics, trend analysis, Corrective / Preventive actions (NCR's),continuous improvement activities,and internal auditing / external auditing at suppliers.

Depending on permanent or contract, earnings varied from £30-£37k per annum, and contracting £23 - £34 pounds per hour.

The – more... management ethic and co-workers vary to varying degrees depending on the employer.

Challenges generally include promoting at QA ethic company-wide, route cause analysis, and process improvements.

The most enjoyable part of my job is to constantly improve both personally and various business units through my efforts. The feeling of achievement and the opportunity to move onto the next project is always my drive. – less
empowering
Senior Resourcing Manager, Infrastructure Projects (Current Employee), LondonFebruary 26, 2014
Managing an inhouse resourcing team at Network Rail
Exciting projects
Innovative resourcing function
Fast paced and dynamic
Interesting fun place
Liability Negotiations Advisor (Current Employee), Waterloo, LondonFebruary 20, 2014
In charge of the Sussex patch which consist of 200 Level crossing which have been investigated so far. Great team work and help from collegues on issues.
Trackman
Trackman (Former Employee), UKFebruary 19, 2014
Changing sleepers, repair wet bed, restoring track gauge and geometry, Repair rubber insert on level crossings, and replace carriage counters.

1 2 3 4 5

About Network Rail

Network Rail Infrastructure, through subsidiary Network Rail, owns, manages, and maintains 21,000 miles of track and 40,000 bridges – Read more