Network Rail

Network Rail Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Career
Signaller (Current Employee), teessideOctober 3, 2014
Responsible for controlling trains efficiently and safely, as well as liaising with a multi agency workforce to assure safe practices in which I am lead responsibility on all communications.
great job oportunities
Section Planner (Former Employee), ENGSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: great incentives with pension and holidays
Cons: addictive work environment
I never knew anything about the Railway industry when I was offered the role as Section Planner but with guidance from colleagues I learnt everything there was to know about the job and excelled in the role. I also planned for other areas and departments when required to cover sickness, holidays and open posts, I enjoyed my time with Network Rail as – more... it gave me the chance to gain lots of skills to take with me in future roles. I had to be methodical, consistent and attention to detail as the role was safety critical and needed to be accurate as my role was providing safety packs for colleagues to work on the track with trains running. It made the role more intense and rewarding knowing I had such responsibilities. Management were approachable and building good communications between other departments was essential. – less
Good to work for
Part time Administrator (Former Employee), Derby, ENGSeptember 22, 2014
This was a temporary posting covering maternity leave. I found staff pleasant and helpful and a great place to work.
Good to be a part of such a big company.
S&T Technician (Current Employee), Leicester, ENGSeptember 21, 2014
Enjoying my time with Network Rail so far.

The Advanced Apprenticeship Scheme has proven to be a great start in what I hope will be a long career within the rail industry.
Fun Workplace
Apprenticeship (Former Employee), ScunthorpeSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: free lunch
I enjoyed my time here it was a shame it moved so i couldnt get there
Project Manager (Former Employee), London/MKAugust 14, 2014
Good hours, good work, reasonable pay.
Difficult to understand the direction of the business.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), londonAugust 6, 2014
dealing with difficult customers
meeting people
good expireance
Track Charge man (Former Employee), ashfordJuly 4, 2014
enjoyable physical I worked my way up to track chargeman I took redundancy due to job cuts at the time
Challenging environment to work within.
Project Management Assistant (Current Employee), Warrington, ENGJune 25, 2014
Pros: travel across the country. relaxed working environment.
Cons: management issues, continuous change to organisation structure.
I am currently looking for a new position due to recent and planned organisational change.

My current role is very challenging due to the technicalities of working within the rail industry and programmes continuously effected by issues out of our control such as possession/access issues.
Enjoyable but micro managed
Skivvy (Current Employee), newcastleJune 16, 2014
Pros: good salary, some great staff
Cons: long hours, poor rosters, higher managment, budgets
Although I enjoy my job and it is quite stressful, I currently feel that the higher managment do not trust their skilled employees and should back off and stop micro managing people. They should allow us to do our job that we are paid for.
Absolutely the best job
Travel Champion Volunteer (Former Employee), Birmingham, ENGMay 30, 2014
Just floor walking the station helping customers all around, learned new ways to develop my customer service skills verbally. My teammates were fantastic though we had a grumpy few I met a few who I am still currently in contact with. Hardest part of the job was leaving to go home. I just didn't want to leave I really thoroughly enjoyed my job so much.
Everything – more... was enjoyable the cultural environment, the atmosphere was incredible and I was always busy.
I do wish to get back into the railway it is my dream hope job and its the best experience. – less
good old days
ultrasonic enginneer (Former Employee), Exeter, ENGMay 22, 2014
although i enjoyed my 22 years things have become more technical and suited to the younger generation.also todays health and safety makes work harder because of the restraints.
Infrastructure Projects
Project Engineer Track (Current Employee), Reading, Berkshire, UKMay 20, 2014
5 years on the Reading Station Area Redevelopment project - circa 75% of the trackwork is complete. Track over the new 1850m Elevated Railway to do August - sept '14, Westury Junction remodelling Dec '14, then looking for a change post-xmas. Learnt a vast amount about track renewals, station remodelling, civils & eathworks, depots, signals etc.
Excellent role
Commercial Manager (Contract) (Current Employee), LondonMay 18, 2014
Very enjoyable dealing with the commercial management on various Distribution projects
Great Place to Work
Centralised Filing Senior Administrator (Current Employee), ManchesterMay 14, 2014
Cons: i've achieved as much as i can and gone as far as i can in the role i'm in.
Extremely friendly environment, Busy but fun place to work, the company gets involved in lots of activities, very good performance programme, the role can be challenging but very interesting.
Productive and Fun loving place
Project Commercial Assistant (Current Employee), Waterloo StationMay 11, 2014
Pros: travel discounts and extensive professional courses and training
Cons: long hours
Excellent place to work, very motivating environment and good salary packages and benefits.
Good for contracting only
Building Surveyor (Current Employee), Manchester, ENGApril 26, 2014
Pros: 28 days annual leave, pension
Cons: ovetime is expected and is unpaid. lots of office politics.
Excellent starting salary and benefits but then career stagnation. 'Reorganisations' happen on a yearly basis and staff frequently end up 'displaced' then redundant. A good place to work as a contractor (good rates of pay), but not as a permanent member of staff. There is a final salary pension scheme, but only if you last there for 5 years or more.
Vert good place to work
Student Placement (Former Employee), London, ENGApril 5, 2014
Very good place to work. Very professional. Lots of talented people working there.
Good
Graduate (Current Employee), London, ENGMarch 31, 2014
Learnt a lot about Excel.

Network Rail is a big company, if you are working under the right person then you will get the right training.
Group Strategy Management Accountant (Current Employee), Central LondonMarch 12, 2014
Pros: established system, processes and respectful management
Cons: slow and less demand
Each day is a different challenge which makes it exciting.

The managment is professional and working environment is ideal.

1 2 3 4 5

About Network Rail

Network Rail Infrastructure, through subsidiary Network Rail, owns, manages, and maintains 21,000 miles of track and 40,000 bridges – Read more