NETWORK ENGINEERING Employee Reviews

No flexibility and management employees expected to work long hours without any compensation.
Sr. Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 20, 2016
They provide no flexibility and expect management employees to work long hours without any compensation. The company does not compensate their management employees justly for the amount of work expected. There is a disparity between management employees and union employees.
Cons
No breaks or lunches, expect employees to work long hours without any compensation.
Loved this job
Current Data Network Planner (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDAugust 9, 2015
Many opportunites to learn and grow. Very supportive team environment. Micro managing does not exist here. Excellent work life balance.
Pros
acquired many marketable skills
Cons
was a contractor position so no room for advancement
Network Admin
Network Administrator junior (Former Employee) –  Sudan , KhartoumJune 23, 2015
typical day :Manage Configure the server's within the complex Network and Provide help desk support to up to 120 users by hand ,by phone or by the dial in software application on variety of network and computer Problem and issues , I learned a lot of IT knowledge and i have progressed in more and more to deal with sudden network ,computer problem even if it's out of my knowledge , I work very closely to the IT Manager and my partner in the department to achieve the target , the hardest part of the job when the dead time approach even if you finish most of the work , the enjoyable time ever , when an issue done successful it's beginning Point for another issue .
Results driven
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, GPDecember 4, 2014
Target driven
Part of a strong group
Management establish , systems was in place to achieve
Achieving the goals was the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
big group
Cons
Begining stages of my career at AT&T
Technical Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 13, 2014
As a Technical Associate in the Network Engineering department, I was able to learn how a telephone line was monitored and what methods were used to troubleshoot and resolve any issues. My team and managers helped each day be a pleasant one by working together for the benefit of AT&T and its customers. In this particular position, to me there was not a hard part of my job, it was a continuous learning experience.
Pros
many things to learn about the network side of at&t
Cons
threats of a strike every 3 years due to union negotiations
Great job!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 30, 2013
This job is very convenient, great communication, and great boss
Productive and challenging
Central Office Engineer Administrator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VaAugust 7, 2012
I enjoyed each day at work, challenging, busy 99% of the time. I learned the aspects of being a Contract Administration upon returning to school for Project Management. Co-workers and I got along well, good communication. I can say the most hardest part of my job was lifting boxes with 10 reams of paper, 500 sheets each. The most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying the customer.
Pros
flex-time
Cons
n/a
Review
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYAugust 6, 2012
I wouldn't go back. The atmosphere was okay, but the "small business" was terrifying in terms of considering it a long term career.
Compensation and benefits were excellent compared to other large corp
Sr. Reports, Staff (Former Employee) –  Bellaire, TXJuly 24, 2012
I was with this company for 30 years and moved around several times. Every position gave me the additional experience that was needed to advance. My main responsibility was to track construction projects spending, making sure that each project was on target with the projected cost. Providing budgets, analyze data sheets, supervise, training, host conference calls with staff. Provide excellent customer service. My learning experience included but not all: project management, financial analysis, budgeting, administrative functions, design and engineering. Communicating with all levels of the company was the most enjoyable part of my last position. The hardest part would be year end closing. This was also the most challenging.
Pros
job security- staff position
Cons
deadlines to meet in short notice
asma - computer engineer
Manager of Network Department (Current Employee) –  jordan - ammanJune 23, 2012
Network managment department
manage the project ( analysis , req, isa, server ,exchange , domain , dhcp ,dns ..........

4.3