- To provide technical support and troubleshooting as a member of the Network Support team. This position will provide immediate response and/or investigation of network system alerts or abnormalities as a trouble-shooter in a complex network environment and assist in maintaining the enterprise SLA for network availability
- This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle..
- Provide site support for various technology stacks including LAN, WAN.
- Assist in the moves, adds and changes for network connections.
- Support with day to day operational
- Maintain operational activities such as change, incident and outage management
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Experience with the following products: Nortel and Junipers Switches, Cisco and Juniper Routers, Internet access, wireless technologies and VPN solutions.
- Hands on technical experience with vendors such as Cisco, Riverbed and Juniper.
- Demonstrated experience with network management tools including, Orion Solarwinds
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, MPLS design.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards, including TCP/IP, routing protocols BGP, MPLS, OSPF, IPSEC, IKE.
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive application support experience with Juniper Routers, Firewalls, and Cisco Switches.
- Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Min of 5 Years post-secondary school related to computer systems technology and or practical experience as a staff member within network engineering, enterprise architecture or system security in a complex, global, multi-protocol environment.
- Certifications a plus. Cisco CCNP, Juniper JNCIE–SP or Cisco CCNP-SP, Juniper JNCIP-SP, CCISP, etc or other data comm. certifications.
- Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
- Travel will occasionally be required to Winnipeg data center
Please submit Detailed Cover Letter and Resume to:
942 Douglas St.
NetSet Communications is one of Canada’s largest Wireless Broadband private Internet Service Providers, well known for professionalism, integrity, and great service.
By joining us, you will become part of a fast pace and dedicated team that works together to provide our clients with the highest possible level of service.
As a member of the team we would ask for your commitment to deliver outstanding quality and results that exceed client expectations. In return, we are committed to providing you with every opportunity to learn and grow to the highest level of your ability and potential.
Indeed - 6 months ago