NetApp

NetApp Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Something in the air?
Sales/Logistics Administrator (Former Employee), Uxbridge, Stockley ParkJanuary 23, 2014
Whilst working here, although my salary increased, which I was grateful for during my employment and due to my age, support was non existant, no warmth amoung many professional colleagues, very competitive behavior in the office, while I understand that in sport, I cannot understand that in an office. As I am local to the office, where many people working – more... here are not, it was sad to see this type of conduct and it crushed my confidence during this time. I was made redundant from here around the age of 31 and I am still recovering from the bad experiences within this company. – less
Awesome
Storage Consultant (Former Employee), Raritan, NJDecember 11, 2014
very good company to work with.. the infrastructure was very good.. that's good place to lift our career growth up.
Good work life balance
Engineering Project Manager (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CADecember 9, 2014
Good work life balance
I learnt about Storage and virtualized domain
The co-workers are mostly friendly
Storage Consultant (Current Employee), Mount Olive, NJNovember 25, 2014
• On-site storage consultant at customers
• Deployment of new NetApp SAN running Clustered Data ONTAP 8
• Consulting on storage infrastructure and operational solutions tailored to meet customer’s needs
• Integration of NetApp solutions into the customer’s existing infrastructure and processes
• Requirements analysis and gathering of technical details – more... regarding the customer’s environment
• Advising on best practices for improving operational processes
• Project planning and implementation of data migrations
• Project: Axalta Coating Systems, Glen Mills, Pennsylvania, April 2014-August 2014
o Data migrations from EMC to NetApp, including clustered Hyper-V and Microsoft SQL environments
• Project: Mars, Mt Olive, NJ & Chicago, IL, Sept 2014-Present – less
Great Place to work with
Perl and UNIX Developer (Former Employee), Bangalore, KANovember 23, 2014
Good exposure, helping management and very good environment to develop skills
Best American Company for Ever
Project Manager & Professional Service Engineer (Former Employee), Dubai - UAENovember 16, 2014
Pros: friendship, creativity
NetApp (A leading computer storage and data management company, headquartered in California, USA. NetApp is a member of the NASDAQ-100 and Fortune Magazine’s fifth best place to work)
I joined NetApp in 2009 as Technical Trainee. Within six months, I was taken on board as professional service engineer was I managed key clients’ projects in areas of:
FAS – more... Series: Most popular Unified NetApp Storage start from new series of 2000 to 8000 – I have configured, installed, serviced and even trouble shooting all of NetApp series in UAE and Oman companies like OXY, MBC, Leo Burnet, Al-Hassani Group, Atkins, Agility, Dubai World, Ferrari World and etc.
Date Migration: One of the most critical activity for any customer due to some new requirements, data must be migrate to another Disk Shelves or another data centre. As I developed my skills in NetApp features like SnapMirror and techniques in Head Swapping then I’m capable to do any data migration. Some companies like DEWA, ADMC, Dry Dock and Morgan Stantely have done this critical movement by my unique skills.
SAN / NAS : One of the key strength of NetApp is Unified Storage which can handle all of protocols like CIFS, NFS, Fiber and ISCSI at the same time. Depend on costumer needs SAN or NAS environment can be designed or both of them to serve file sharing in NAS or doing some SAN booting for any servers. All of customers in UAE and Oman asked me to enable both of them.
Disaster Recovery solutions: NetApp has a lot of solutions and feature to pretend any customer from loosing any data. Most important features is SnapShot, SnapRestore, Synch Mirror, SnapManager, SnapVault, Deduplication, Raid-DP and solutions like Clustering, High Availability, Metro Cluster, Stretch Cluster
Metro-cluster: Advanced NetApp solution to provide high-availability of data for a large oil and gas company. I’ve designed this solution for ADMA and ZADCO.
Project Manager of Middle-East: Definitely this position needs more skills in higher level for communication, team management, handling, initializing and controlling of a project from begging till end to satisfy customer. – less
this place is great as long as your not lv1
Technical Support Engineer TSE LV2 (Current Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 5, 2014
i love this place great pay great people but if your lv1 there under staff and over worked and it could make you want to quit because of the work load
best to place to work
Sales Analyst (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAOctober 27, 2014
best to place to work. the management is always helpful and employees are open minded.
Great Company if you are in the right Group
Consultant (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: high energy, fast paced, market savvy
Cons: pay is moderate, team can make this great or be a nightmare
NetApp is fascinating, fast paced and cutting edge. If you get in the right group/team the sky is the limit. If you have the opportunity to work here take it for the experience alone. Unfortunately, like everyplace there are some undesirable people that can destroy a team. Success is all dependent on where you land.
Good people; run-stop-run-stop culture
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: free fruit on tuesday & bagels on friday; 25 cent sodas; free coffee
The people aren't just co-workers, they can double as friends and family. The corporate culture, although on average good, can sometimes induce burnout with very lumpy work, or bouncing between large hiring sprees and then subsequent layoffs.
A typical large organization
Member Technical Staff (Former Employee), Bangalore, KASeptember 3, 2014
* Bureaucracy rules
* Closed system to work on
* Excellent employee policies
* Good work life balance
Fun productive workplace with Social Friday's and ping pong table
Technical Support Engineer Tier 3 (Former Employee), Waltham, MASeptember 1, 2014
Pros: benefits, social friday's
Cons: management that did not know how to lead
A typical day at work consisted of handling escalations, updating KB articles and mentoring other support professionals while working via phone, email, and chat. I learned how to work with different disciplines. My co-workers were easy to work with. The hardest part of my job was juggling learning about other technologies while maintaining a high standard – more... of support for customers. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to gain knowledge of different technologies and of course Social Friday's. – less
Great work culture; ineffective senior management
Manager, Marketing (Former Employee), BangaloreAugust 24, 2014
Good work life balance. Middling benefits. Poor senior management, ineffective at decision making in a fast changing environment.
Fun workplace with lots of room for personal growth
Sr. Manager, Worldwide Channel Programs Management (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours
Fun workplace with lots of room for personal growth. Managers are very social and approachable. Work hard play hard environment
It was good but seems to go down
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Durham, NCAugust 4, 2014
Most enjoyable part of my job there is working in very strong agile team with smart and friendly people.
Most challenging part of my job was the same as the most enjoyable.
Excellent working environment
Professional Service Engineer (PSE) (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: you got time to finish projects! not much pressure and you feel pleasant to work!
Cons: there is no cons!
Everything are great here.
Nice campus, easy access
Everyone is professional, and respectful
Nice cafeteria, good food
Fast paced, fun environment with highly talented leadership team that motivates and empowers their employees.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJune 26, 2014
Pros: mentors
Fun and Productive Place to Work
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJune 25, 2014
I enjoy very much working for NetApp, they treat there employees very well.
Productive and fun workplace
Professional Service Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJune 18, 2014
Pros: free evening snack, free weekly bear
very Healthy environment at origination
Friendly Managers
One of the best places to work
Linux SAN Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJune 16, 2014
Great experience
Very healthy work life balance
employee friendly

1 2 3 4 5

About NetApp

Careers at NetApp At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success NetApp is the ideal place to give your career – Read more

NetApp Photos