Our company provides comprehensive service programs that are tailored to meet the unique requirements of fleet management organizations. We have a fleet of mobile service vehicles and a 19 bay service depot, conveniently located in Mississauga, Ontario in the heart of the trucking hub.
We are seeking a Lead Hand Technician.
Oversee shop and technicians. Coordinate with the Service Coordinator, Parts Manager and Customers to ensure customers’ needs are met.
- Repair transport trailer and trucks by reviewing shop orders; listening to operator complaints; repairing failures; removing, replacing, assembling, and installing parts and components involving sheet metal, frames, suspension, electrical, hydraulic, and braking systems, heating and refrigeration units axles, hubs, tires, wheels, and coupling units
- Provide leadership and guidance to technicians and apprentice technicians
- Provide training for inexperienced technicians
- Complies with federal and provincial requirements by testing according to standards; making corrections and adjustments
- Repair transport trailers and truck by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests using scanners, electronic test equipment, and on-board diagnostic computers, completing preventive maintenance, such as, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, component replacement
- Enhance department and organizations’ reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Submit timely follow ups with customers relating to maintenance and repairs
- Manage installs and repairs by receiving and recording request; identify appropriate service provider and monitor service progress
- Operations Manager
- Truck Drivers
- Shop Supervisors
- Service Writers
- 3rd Party Vendor
- Administrative Staff
Education/Professional Development Requirements:
- Through understanding of transport maintenance and industry in general
- 2 years Customer Service Experience
- Computer experience in Microsoft Office.
Behavioural Competencies Required:
- Must be personable and proficient
- Must be able to balance multiple task and prioritize on a daily basis
- Must maintain a high level of professionalism
- Ability to communicate and respond in an effective and professional manner
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to use judgment and tact when dealing with general inquiries
- Superior Customer Service Skills
- Ability to handle a high volume of work in fast-paced challenging environment
- Self Motivated
Technical Competencies Required:
- Accurate data entry
- Time management skills
Please apply today!!!
Indeed - 10 months ago