Net Boulevard Inc. has an opening in Kelowna, BC for a full-time motivated Social Media and Content Manager for their Jobs.ca website and future sites. The most important part of this job is that the candidate must have demonstrated and extensive social media experience. You will ensure that our content is interesting to our audience; it should inform, educate, entertain and engage our audience.
You are/have actively participated in a wide variety of social media activities. This should include blogging, community development, management, social bookmarking, commenting, etc. and are well-connected with the broader social media world. You should have an eye for generating and sourcing quality content; you get excited about blogs and stimulating your audience.
- Manage a Blogger outreach program and build an active brand ambassador network to spread the word about the website
- You will be responsible for designing and implementing social media and content strategies that increase traffic, branding and engagement with jobs.ca
- Managing the end-to end web content production process within the content management system including; content input and tagging and cross-linking relevant existing pages and social media platforms
- Responsible for daily posts to the website and all applicable social media
- Manage presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter and other social media channels, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed
- Become an advocate for our website(s) in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
- Define key performance indicators and implement measurement, analytics, and reporting methods to gauge success on a weekly and monthly basis
- Source, manage and produce original content
- Produce weekly newsletter
- Implementing SEO best practices to new and existing articles
- Cultivate new content including guest bloggers and other job related content
- Participate in online conversations by engaging and “starting the conversation” with our audience to increase visibility, affinity and traffic for jobs.ca and related websites.
- Experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities
- Write original content for the website
- Passion for social media, community building and dynamic content
- Relevant degree college or university degree with proven social media/content experience or you are just naturally great at this and have the experience and success to prove it!
- understands the social media universe including Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pintrest, YouTube, forums, blogs, etc…We’re looking for a social media addict who maintains a personal mix of participatory expertise from among these channels
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Proficient with online monitoring and measurement platforms such as Sendible, HootSuite, Sprout Social , Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, TweetDeck etc.
- You understand that the numbers and analytics measure your success
- You really love this stuff!
- Creativity and willingness to experiment
- Ability to deal with uncertainty
- Excellent writing skills and a willingness to use them
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic and goal driven with ability to proactively follow-up and follow-through
- Sense of humor
- Motivated innovator with creative energy
- Passion for marketing with a great attitude
- Self-starter with strong initiative
- Extremely organized and responsible with a near-crazy attention to detail
- Strong copy writing and blogging skills
And we will REALLY be impressed if you can also!
- shoot and edit video
- experience in recruiting, HR or job board industry
- can juggle
We offer a competitive salary and a chance to showcase and grow your talent as a key member of our team.
Please apply with your resume and a brief cover letter [something original please!] and your salary expectations to Shaun Pilfold.
Indeed - 18 months ago