Reporting to the Technical Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor is a leader who will promote a teamwork culture and successfully providing maintenance support to the plant bottling operations.
Duties will include:
- Provide leadership where employees are engaged contributors to producing quality product and add to the success of the company.
- Plan and manage the day to day allocation of resources (equipment, people, materials and systems) in order to safely and cost efficiently achieve targets as agreed with leadership team.
- Supports the plant Preventive Maintenance activities to optimize preventive and predictive maintenance through use of a CMMS system.
- Prioritize, schedule, and ensure maintenance & repairs are completed to maximise efficiency.
- Review daily achievement of targets and report variances during on-the-floor and review meetings.
- Coach, mentor and develop each team member to meet current and future business requirements.
- Complete regular performance evaluations.
- Review daily maintenance effectiveness with maintenance team to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure the development and implementation of action plans to address root causes, eliminate waste and seeks opportunities for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Maintain a safe working environment and ensure continued compliance with established occupational health and safety standards and legislation.
- Comply with all safety policy, accident prevention and compliance programs. Review work areas for potential issues and participate in resolving identified concerns.
- Facilitate seamless handoffs and communicate key information to peers, team members and Production Management.
- Understand internal and external regulations, procedures & policies and apply them fairly and consistently.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 3 – 5 years of supervisory experience
- Millwright or Electrician Trades Certification
- High speed manufacturing (beverage, food packaging, pharmaceutical, plastic injection or blow molding experience as asset
- PLC's: Troubleshooting and Programming (Allen –Bradley)
- Thorough understanding of automation controls and industrial power distribution
- Background with preventive maintenance systems, hydraulics and pneumatics
- Solid analytical, problem solving, and technical troubleshooting skills
- Action oriented and proactive in coaching, empowering, and problem solving with others
- Demonstrated problem solving and leadership skills
- Self-starter with high standards for excellence who requires minimal direct supervision
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Ability to work varied shifts including evenings and weekends as required
Indeed - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard