Nestle Purina

Nestle Purina Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Pet Friendly company
Purchase Planning Coordinator (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 26, 2013
Pros: love working in this company
Cons: majority of the employees are on contract
- Employees are friendly
- It is a pet friendly company - if you have pets, you can bring them to work
- They have summer hours in place
- quite laid back but well organized
- Top level management is very involved and the level of communication is open
Innovative and renovative industry leader
Plant Manager (Current Employee), Moncton, NBMay 17, 2013
a continuous improvement atmosphere where being involved and accountable will yield success
World Class
IT (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: fantastic campus and work-life
Cons: very few
Great company, employees, mission, and values. Management is open and honest, goals are visible and appropriately challenging.
Great benefits and lots of overtime
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Maricopa, CaFebruary 4, 2014
This job is ideal for the hard worker without a college degree. The starting pay is excellent, and the benefits are great. Every quarter, assuming you have met with all safety requirements, you are entitled to a safety bonus as well as gainshare. The company provides you free clothing such as boots, pants, sweaters, jackets, shirts, beanies, etc.

There – more... is a lot of overtime, most of the time when you don't even want it. But for the hard worker, it definitely pays off. – less
Trying to grow a business
Line Operator (Former Employee), Bloomfield, MOJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: hourly pay at the time
Cons: management trying to put to much work on you.
This company has grown immensely since I left!
Typical day was one of loading products on trucks to loading them on boxcars.
I learned a great deal about running a warehouse and how much went into from shipping it from point A to point Z.
Management was not the best. Rating them on a scale between 1-10
I would give them a 5.
Co-workers was great! I – more... was out there so long that still keep in touch with a great deal of them. We was around one another so much of the time that we actually become a family.
When an employee was having a tough time physically be it monies for rent or others issues we would take up a collection for that family.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with a group of individuals that had such a diverse thoughts on work to what was expected of you.
Enjoyable part was the people that I worked with. – less
fast food
Production Worker/Janitor (Former Employee), Dunkirk, NYJanuary 17, 2014
easy days learned to make food management ok coworkers ok hardest part cleaning and enjoyable is got 50% discount on food
Extremely political
Team Leader (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: politics
Political environment not conducive to individual achievement.
Great place if you like overtime.
PROCESSING TEAM LEADER (Former Employee), Crete, NEDecember 26, 2013
Different every day. 12 days on 2 days off with 12 hour shifts. Great job security as long as people feed their pets.
Poor management/training program
Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee), Davenport, IADecember 10, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: everything else
Decent pay and benefits but not worth having no life would not recommend anyone working here. Also seniority based plant so don't plan on being on normal shifts ever due to production bidding into maintenance.
Great temporary shutdown job and good compensation
Welder and Pipe Fitter (Former Employee), Edmond, OKNovember 25, 2013
The Nestle Purina factory was great to work in. It's clean, organized and safe. The pay was also good/fair (not the best I have received but good) and the construction company hired for the job was great to work with. I would do this job again if the opportunity presented itself and I didn't have anything else going on.
Primary function is to maintain the integrity of the inventory
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Dodge, IANovember 13, 2013
Pros: very good benefits
Cons: lack of communication
What I enjoy most about this job is the ever changing demands. The need to be able to think on my feet and react quickly and effectively keeps the job interesting.
Not a Great Place to Work
Production Packaging Supervisor (Former Employee), Clinton, IANovember 4, 2013
Poor managment support. Work a lot of hours and there is no work life balance.
Challenging and rewarding experience
Account Sales Executive (Former Employee), Berwyn, PASeptember 27, 2013
I managed a high profile sales account. My role was to create strategic plans in order to achieve my year end goal. Day to day management of the account could be challenging, but hitting my number year after year was incredibly rewarding!
get ready to really work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), flagstaff AzSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: pay was good, bebenfits, different employment oppurtunitys
Cons: alot of time away from family
Our day starts with us meeting in the team room, where our team leader would give us our assignments then we get out there on our packing machines talk to the operators that we were relieving so they can tell us how the machine is running.there was plenty of team work there it made working there nice. hard part was we used to put 84 hours in a week – more... sometime. – less
My reveiw is that Nestle Purina needs to start caring more about employeys
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Crete, NEAugust 20, 2013
Pros: great pay, and good healthcare
Cons: management needs to work on how to treat employes so they would care more about there jobs
Nestle Purina Warehouse is a good place to work if you want to make a lot of money. Its not a good place to work if you want to no your hours of work from day to day. People are very unhappy working there because management treats you like your a Machine. Workers work 600 to 800 hours of overtime a year and then they mess with your holidays even. The – more... only way I would tell anyone to go work at nestle purina in crete Nebraska is if they need to make a lot of money. – less
Productive and fun safe place to work in
Team Lead (Former Employee), Corona, CAAugust 12, 2013
Pros: bbqs every month
A typical day at work consisted of Me planning out the storage process. I would have my team of 6 forklift operators moving and storing the product that was received.

I learned how to be a Leader and a positive motivator, ensuring that the work would get accurately done.

Management was excellent and were so humble to the employees. I think that was – more... the beauty of the job, that everyone got along and got the job done every time. – less
night shift forever
Electrician Class "A" (Current Employee), Davenport, IAJuly 31, 2013
night shift based on plant seniority-will probably spend entire career on nights due to odd hiring practices. Would not recommend this company for electricians
good place to work
general laborer (Former Employee), Davenport, IAJune 18, 2013
fun, friendly, easy. a really good place to start a career for your family
Really fun learned a lot
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJune 17, 2013
Pros: free lunch, good pay, good hours, fun location
Cons: outdoor
I loved working for purina.
The job was located in the zoo i was a sales rep, learned about the product and then educated other about it.
Pet Care Technician (Current Employee), Saint Joseph, MOJune 17, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: almost same everyday, don't feel like i'm able to go anywhere than my current position
Cleaning, weighing animals, feeding animals, conducting trials, attending meetings and trainings, managing time, socializing animals, teamworking greatly with co-workers.

1 2 3

About Nestle Purina

Nestlé Purina PetCare Company is a leader in the pet products industry, dedicated to improving the lives of cats and dogs – Read more