Nestle Purina

Nestle Purina Employee Reviews

Fun working environment
Head of Continuous Improvement (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 12, 2016
8 to 4 pm type work day generally speaking. it is a business casual environment. for the most part the work environment is positive. Management team positive and goal oriented.
biggest challenge was convincing management that lean six sigma was the next cultural change effort needed to allow for competitive advantage.
Most enjoyable was the people who work there. Everybody was friendly...
Pros
great social events
Cons
political
Safety oriented, clean workplace. Bonus based on goals set at the beginning of the year. Continuous improvement is our mindset. We all work as a team.
Production Data Control & Backup Prod. Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Caledonia, ONDecember 10, 2015
Everyone works as a team, helping each other working efficiently and safely. It is unfortunate that the facility will become a distribution center on January 29, 2016, but that is part of change. We have daily morning meetings to review the challenges of the day before then have an end of shift meeting with key operators to discuss efficiency's of the day and the improvements needed. I can't say enough about the interaction of hourly and salary personnel working together to fulfill a common goal to correct any bottlenecks in the production chain. I think the hardest part of the position is engaging people who are not computer literate to understand SAP and really, they do very well and want to learn. Good morning to everyone you meet is not something that is said in passing, it comes from the heart and taking the time to listen to that one person that might have a personal problem, from home or at work means something to them and I listen and give support where I can.
Pros
Celebration of achievemtents or milestones is promoted almost monthly - such as a production record, 5 yrs. of no lost time to mention a couple.
Cons
Can't think of anything that is worth mentioning
Very Good
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Caledonia, OntarioJuly 23, 2014
I enjoyed working for Neslte Purina and would have accepted a permanent position had the contract position I was performing would have turned into permanent
Pet Friendly company
Purchase Planning Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 26, 2013
- Employees are friendly
- It is a pet friendly company - if you have pets, you can bring them to work
- They have summer hours in place
- quite laid back but well organized
- Top level management is very involved and the level of communication is open
Pros
love working in this company
Cons
majority of the employees are on contract
Innovative and renovative industry leader
Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBMay 17, 2013
a continuous improvement atmosphere where being involved and accountable will yield success
was ok place to work
LABOURER (Former Employee) –  Moncton NBNovember 12, 2012
would runn a machine called hammermill . it could chop paper and then mix with sawdust . i also built pallets
Great money!
SAP Superuser/Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 4, 2012
Nestle provides for a great financial life but don't plan on having much of a personal life as hours can be demanding as with any factory.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
management