Nestle Nespresso

Nestle Nespresso Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Duties
Product Specialist (Current Employee), MississaugaApril 21, 2014
Pros: able to meet new people everyday and work face to face
I am responsible for performing sales and marketing activities in assigned regions throughout Ontario. My other duties include promoting a range of products and services to clients while meeting the monthly sales targets. I ensure customer satisfaction by interacting directly with customers to improve the product and understand the customers' needs. – more... Other duties include implementing marketing and promotional activities for mall tours. – less
A job that I can learn everyday
Spécialiste Café (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 23, 2014
I work in a call center. The most enjoyable part of my day is when a client calls and he's mad and I turn this client around and when he hangs up he's happy.
The hardest part is when I have to escalate the call, because I cant find a solution.
Fun, friendly and challanging
BIS Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 9, 2013
Nestle is a great name to work for where everyone knows one another on personal basis.

People at Nestle are always proud of where they work.
Good place to work at.
BRAND REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 4, 2014
Good working environment. Learned a lot about the products we sold. Learned good customer service skills. Co-workers were great and management was fair. Loved being able to help people and sell them great espresso machines.
I wouldn't let my worst enemy work here
REGIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great product, flexible schedule
Management unprofessional, constantly out of product to sell, no structure to pay or commission base. Favoritism runs rampant!
The most enjoyable part of the job will be the day you leave.
Cool place to be
Customer Service Rep/Coffee Specialist (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Not too much to comment on nice company. Good benefits, they pay for your transit and lunches.
Sociable atmosphere, encouraging & aspiring colleagues
Quality Officer (Current Employee), CairoJuly 4, 2014
Pros: transportation, vpn, business laptops, outings, prizes
Cons: medical & social insurance
The best thing about working in Nespresso, the positive spirit you can feel, we spend more time together working more than we spend with our families,its hard but its worth it
Nespresso is full of surprised & innovation
Its genuine brand full of creativity, we lack the boring daily routine
We were once described as the busy bees team , a title we cherish
We – more... learned to appreciate & focus on details in any updates related to coffee in general – less
Good pay, good coffee, Poor Management, very poor communication
Boutique Specialist (Former Employee), Century City, CAMay 28, 2014
Pros: good pay free coffee and free machine bonuses
Cons: bad management, bad communication, bad system
Typical day is very easy if you start out as a Boutique Specialist. Sample and demo the coffee and machines. It does get daunting when you have people who just want the free sample. Management does not communicate. They do not believe in phones, they use email. There is always bad communication. Everyone in management wants to move up so they treat – more... everyone badly. They do not back there own employees. If you have a violent or bad customer they take the customers side never the employee. Also most management have never worked in retail so they have no knowledge of how retail works. If you want to move up in the company they will dangle that carrot in front of you, have you work as the next position, not pay you for it and then hire someone else. This happened to a lot of my co workers.
If you use social media they watch it like hawks. If you write how you had a bad day...and not even mention the job they will confront you about it. They keep an eye out on all mention of the company name. Even reviews.
Most of my co workers were great to work with...once they got the idea they might get promoted they are told to not be friends with anyone and they must only be business friends and to spy and tell about any comments any employee makes...even in jest. They confront you with it.
The company buys you suits. Plastic recycled suits that are hot to wear. They do not care about your comfort. They want you in the suits no matter how hot or dizzy you might get. Depending where you are they pay for the upkeep of the suits.
The start off pay is good and there is a chance for bonuses but it is not worth it for the way they treat there fellow employees. The lower down the ladder the worst you are treated.
The main part of the job is very easy It is just serving sample coffee and demo machines. The rest of the company mucks it up by the bad treatment and awful communication and lack of care for fellow employees. The computer system and P.O.S was created by a moron for the company years ago. They have recently changed it and it is still bad. They blame you for any problems and not the computer system. There are two parts of the company the store retail and over the phone orders. It is all the same company. Except the phone side and the retail store side never communicate. Many angry customers are told one thing over the phone and then go into the store to find they have been told the wrong thing. The company will not admit when they screw up with this problem also. – less
Its good to be there.
Service Technician (Current Employee), Dubai, UAEApril 25, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: nothing
As I am working with the exclusive distributors for nespresso, my review does not point into the nestle team. working as a team is good. but if the leader is not good then the output of the team will be bad.company does not provide a future.
Pro active fun workplace
Coffee Specialist (Current Employee), ManchesterMarch 28, 2014
Pros: exceptional personal bonus scheme
Cons: long hours at trafford center
Nespresso has learnt me my strengths. I have learnt that i am a very driven individual, if given goals such as KPI's will strive to reach them. Working in such a large team such as 17 plus members of staff has demonstrated to me how well i can work with other and how i can pass down my skills and past experiences to them with is received greatly in – more... training and one to one sessions.

Coming from a supervisor position before Nespresso i brought my own skills management, that helped me develop and understand the different ways and running of such a busy boutique. This has enabled me to build confidence within myself in supervising others with the support of Nespresso management as being considered as one of the key performers within the team.

Nespresso is an amazing busy environment to work in witch no two days are the same. the hardest part of the job therefore in the long hours of 10pm closing times.
It is the hard aspects of the position however that also show peoples strengths within the team to pull together and motivate one another on a day to day basis. – less
Busy Boutique
Boutique Specialist (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: free espresso machine and allotment for the month
Cons: tight/shared/ limited workspace, no office or break room
Friendly, energetic staff that learned how to work in small spaces, efficiently, to become one of the highest money making boutiques in the district. Had close relationship with the team so everyone was on the same page. One on one weekly meetings to create strategic plans for growth and development toward goals.
A good MNC to work with
Office Manager to the Regional Operations Manager (Current Employee), Sheikh Zayed RoadDecember 1, 2013
Good environment
Excellent work location
Good colleagues
fun and great place
QA, Trainer (Former Employee), 11October 20, 2013
nice people and nice management. I never immagined I could work for another company someday. But Seoul office was totally different. I used to stay alone in the office untill 10 or 11pm due to the heavy workload. The colleagues barely understand and read English and did not interested in learning the procedures quickly but interested in flattering to – more... the boss.. – less
Company has a very well made product that produces some of the highest quality coffee drinks available. Wish they had more demos available.
Demonstrator (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CASeptember 26, 2013
Pros: a fun, challenging job.
Cons: would like to work more hours than were available and for a higher salary.
A typical day consists of engaging customers for a sample and demonstration of the machines.

I learned that most people in the higher end stores were not interested in tasting if there was no interest in buying and yet because that was not always true approaching each person resulted in sales the customer had not considered before the taste and demonstration.

Management – more... was especially accamodating as to which location I worked.

My co-workers worked for the store and not for Nespresso and were almost always supportive whenever drawn into the sale.

The hardest part of the job was the sales presentation repetition. So I listened to others for new words and ways.

Sales and personal stories of customers enjoyment with the machines often so much so that they would interrupt my presentation with praise for the product and assuring the possible buyer that they would love the machine. – less
Very busy workplace, but manageable through outstanding teamwork.
Boutique Specialist (Current Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 17, 2013
A boutique specialist acts as a sales consultant for luxury espresso products and club memberships. Excellent customer service skills are a must. At this location, outstanding teamwork is what made the job fun, but the hardest part of the job was being managed by corporate who doesn't always see our day to day struggles.
Good place if you are in the right department
Account Manager - B2B Fine Dining (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 7, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: disorganized
Nespresso is a great company to work for if you are in the B2C Department. It is stable and recognized and every day is an adventure. As part of the Nestle umbrella there are several benefits that are extras that not a lot of companies offer. People and managers are great!
Amazing company with amazing products.
Brand Strategist (Current Employee), Washington, D.C.May 23, 2013
Pros: great discount! great pay, all my co-workers and employers are very kind
Cons: not as many hours as i'd like.
I am great at talking to people and being the introduction to their Nespresso experience. As a brand strategist my goal is to have as many positive interactions with potential consumers while strengthen the US presence in the Espresso/Coffee market.
bad labor practices
Boutique Specialist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 24, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: too many expectations
Mostly gave the same speech over and over to customers who really just wanted a free coffee. Expected to take work home despite menial wage.
Customer Interaction
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 19, 2012
Pros: only on weekends, you choose which weekends you are available.
Cons: no healthcare included, work is not during the week.
As a Brand Ambassador for Nespresso, you represent and demonstrate Nespresso products at stores like Bloomingdales, Macy's, William Sanoma and Crate and Barrel. A typical day would include setting up your demonstration, making Nespresso samples for customers, and cleaning up after you finish. I've learned how to use different sales pitches to get customers – more... interested to the point of purchase. Management is all reported online to an account coordinator in which you give them details regarding how your demonstration and how it went along with keeping track of inventory. My co-workers would be the employers at the stores where my demonstration takes place. The hardest part of the job is getting acclimated to a new store location and keeping the customer's attention after they try the product. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with people and explaining to them why Nespresso has the best quality expresso found in the world and showing them how to use the machines. – less
Environnement du travail agréable
Spécialiste Café (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 4, 2013
Service à la clientèle intéressant et instructif.
Possibilité d'évolution au sein du groupe Nestle.

About Nestle Nespresso

Nespresso is the brand name of Nestlé Nespresso S.A., an operating unit of the Nestlé Group based in Lausanne, Switzerland. – Read more