LOCATION: Toronto (Yorkdale)
REPORTS TO: National Boutique Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: Assistant Boutique Manager, Team Leaders, Boutique Specialists
Nestlé Nespresso S.A. is the market leader in premium portioned coffee and one of the fastest growing operating businesses of the Nestlé Group.
MISSION OF THE JOB:
Manage the boutique operations and be responsible for achieving financial results, business goals and superior customer service. Develop, coach and train team, instilling the fundamental values of the NESPRESSO brand.
Sales and Customer Service:
- Achieve with team the daily, weekly, monthly sales and service level targets set for the boutique.
- Maximize guest frequency, sales and acquisition of new club members in the boutique.
- Maximize capsule, accessories and machines sales in the boutique.
- Lead the team by example in servicing and selling to our customers all aspects of the NESPRESSO Trilogy.
- Ensure that all customers are served in the best possible manner and that every transaction is completed efficiently and effectively.
- Proactively manage, listen and interact with all customers and resolve any complaints.
- Drive the implementation of company programs by motivating and instructing the team to meet operational and organizational objectives.
- Motivate and coach team to provide exceptional customer service in keeping with our brand image.
- Plan, identify, communicate and delegate appropriate responsibilities to team to ensure a smooth operation.
- Provide coaching and direction to the team in an effort to achieve operational goals. Consistently review KPI’s to identify problems, concerns and opportunities for improvements. Create action plan to achieve goals.
- Communicate regularly with team in a clear, concise and accurate way in order to ensure effective boutique operations.
- Monitor and manage staffing levels to ensure boutique operations and customer service goals are met.
- Recruit, hire and train the team.
- Establish annual sales forecasts and capacity planning with national boutique manager
- Utilize tools and analyze financial reports to identify and address inventory and sales trends.
- Use all operational tools to plan for and achieve excellence in staffing, scheduling, monthly reports, cash management and inventory management.
- Implement SOP’s and guidelines for the boutique ensuring team compliance.
- Run monthly and quarterly physical stock inventories, place orders and check deliveries to ensure adequate stock levels.
- Delivers all requested weekly and monthly reports in a timely manner.
- In partnership with IT, ensure that IT systems function correctly.
Training and Coaching:
- Maintain current and up to date knowledge on coffee and the NESPRESSO Trilogy.
- Continuously evaluate the quality of service and give individual feedback to the Boutique Specialists.
- Create a culture of continuous learning within the team through daily meetings, focused group sessions, formal training and one on ones.
- Respond to immediate Boutique and team needs by partnering with NESPRESSO resources (Human Resources, Finance, Trade) and external resources as needed.
- Acts as a coach and mentor by using discretion in assessing performance, providing feedback and coaching to improve performance.
Public Relations and Events:
- Mobilize the team to achieve the objective of each event or initiative.
- College degree in business, hospitality or a closely related field.
- 5+ years of Retail Selling & Service experience in luxury boutique
- 3+ years of experience in managing/supervising people/teams
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage boutique operations independently
- Excellent presentation, communication & interpersonal skills
- Self-driven and entrepreneurial
- Ability to manage multiple situations simultaneously
- Knowledge of and strong customer service techniques
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Experience with the implementation of systems and policies with regards to retail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Team-building skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to coach and mentor others
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- The ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and some evenings
- Knowledge of coffee products
- Fluent in English and French
The closing date for this posting is February 2nd, 2014.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Visit www.nespresso.com to learn more about us
Nespresso is the brand name of Nestlé Nespresso S.A., an operating unit of the Nestlé Group based in Lausanne, Switzerland....