Nestlé Employee Reviews

Respectable Business
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2013
Lots of responsibility for such a small title. Also the only expendable person in the whole building. Not a good feeling.
Productive and fun to talk to people that walked across.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 November 2013
All day, I would stand behind the ice cream truck and get customers to come by and check out the ice creams. If any person had any questions regarding the price of the ice cream or about the events that were happening around the area.

I learned about customer service when replying customer's questions, and applying simple mathematics to give the customers the right amount of change.

Management came a few times throughout the day to check on the quantity of ice creams that were left, and asked me how the sales were going.

The hardest part of the day during work was standing and not moving around a lot, because the job didn't require that much movement in the area. My legs would get sore from just standing and it got pretty boring after a few hours passed by.

The enjoyable part of the job was talking to the customers as they passed by. Whenever I was free and there weren't a lot of people, I would talk to a customer how their day was and other topics. It was a nice way to communicate with people and it passed the time faster than just being behind the ice cream truck.
Always a new challenge, which I enjoyed
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Okanagan BC25 October 2013
I was a Sales Rep for Nestle Foods. I worked in the Food Division as well as Confectionery and the Ice Cream Division.
I won first place for Western Canada in a promo blitz and won many other prizes for best sales. Lots of work but fun!
My supervisor for the Okanagan was the best one I have ever had. Smart knowledgeable and kept us all motivated even when we were tired from traveling and long days.
Pros
free samples
Cons
long hours, but fun!
Good environment
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 September 2013
Maintenance staff comes together to problem solve so it makes for a nice environment
Pros
Good shifts
Cons
Not to much overtime
fun
Production crew (Former Employee) –  nestle philippines27 August 2013
Its a project base job.They only hire for 6month project.
No security ,no benefits.
Pros
get discounts from nestle products
Cons
work long hours in a day since its only a contractual base
Productive. Learned to work in a team oriented environment.
Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON19 August 2013
Worked as a Line associate in a fast paced team oriented food environment. Processed many different types of foods and dry goods for Nestles. Work in various positions over a six month period.
Left my position due to a back injury, which I have recovered from.
Distribution Supervisor
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Goreway Drive, Mississauga31 July 2013
A typical day began at 5:00 am, checking fuel gages in the trucks and trailers, as well as the temperature of the refers. Then went inside to meet the day crew arriving for their pick-up and supplied routing and tickets for each call.
Went through new orders ongoing and allocated them through SAP to our routing system.

Printed next day tickets and prepared mail bags for all out of town drivers and routes. Contact for all drivers, daily handling affairs, calling store owners, preparing refunds and processing overages caused from picking errors.

Managed the Open debt reports daily and brought the huge deficit to under $ 100,000 from 1.5 M.

Again co-workers great to work with, at times a challenge when things didn't go their way.
Pros
Free Ice cream supplied in the luch room, management very supportive
Cons
Keeping the ice cream at -40 degress on hot summer days
great place to work
assist during busy season (Current Employee) –  London ont18 July 2013
go in do ur job they never bug u if ur always working great company to work for I have been there 3months and really like it hope to go back when I can
A well run company with excellent leadership and values
Channel Category Sales Director (Former Employee) –  North York, ON28 June 2013
Nestle is a well run organization with excellent leadership and strong people who are highly collaborative. Nestle does a great job of providing opportunities for cross functional moves within the business. Nestle's promotes from within and seeks to develop it's people through providing opportunities for growth both in country and internationally.
Pros
Highly collaborative culture
Cons
Minimal opportunities for advancement in Canada
Season work, get to keep cool
Palatizing (Current Employee) –  London, ON9 June 2013
Work in a cold room handling ice cream all day
Close interaction with fellow employee's
Pros
Free Ice cream
excellent place to work.
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, ON9 May 2013
i loved my job ,a great work environment ,excellent co-workers and management was awesome.
Pros
loved my job, started as general help, packer and moved on to machine operator and lift truck driver.
Cons
lay offs, seasonal, and company closed in Alexandria.
Excellent place to work
Quality Assurance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON8 May 2013
Love the fast pace atmosphere. It was our department that cleared the ingredients for production so attention to detail, document control and change process was key to getting product out the door to our customers.
Quality Management
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 May 2013
A typical day involved management of direct employees plus guidance and technical support to the rest of the factory on quality and food safety related queries or concerns. Was a joy to learn further about CAPA and lean manufacturing to further support my career path. As well, being able to apply imitative and creativity to annual performance objectives for both quality and the factory; I enjoyed making a difference for the company's bottom line.
Productive, Fun & Healthy Stay during Work
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Industrial, SK15 March 2013
* Doing first aids during accidents
* Lead Role in other nurses
* Easy to mingle with co-workers
* Flexibility
okay
WAREHOUSE CLERK (Former Employee) –  dorval6 February 2013
I was only there on a contract. I enjoyed the people I worked with it allowed me to be trained in union agreements as well as night shift. I was the liaison between the warehouse personnel and the management team
Pros
co workers and educational experiences
Cons
midnight shift.only a small contract
Standard work place
SAP FICO Consultant (Current Employee) –  CA29 January 2013
• Implemented 2 full life cycles of FICO projects in General Ledger (GL), New- GL, Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Asset Accounting (AA) CCA, Internal Orders, COPA, EC-PCA, and integration experience with MM, SD, PP.
• Expertise in applying Project Planning and Design including Vision, Blue Print, Configuration, Data Migration, Unit testing, Integration testing, End User Training, Cut-Over, Deliver, Go-Live and Post Go-Live.
• Efficient in analyzing the Business Requirements, needs and Objectives and Mapping them as per SAP processes, solutions and products that are being implemented
• Extensive experience of Financial Accounting (FI) Customization, Configuration and Testing in Classic General Ledger Accounting FI-G/L and New G/L, Accounts Payable FI-A/P, Accounts Receivable FI-A/R, FI- SPL (Special Purpose Ledger), Fixed Asset and Asset Accounting FI-AA in highly Complex Business Environment.
No Stress - Fun Work
Retail Field Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 January 2013
This has been a wonderful learning experience. Merchandising is fun as it still allows me to hone my business development skills and customer service skills. Management for the most part does not micro-manage, which is a plus in this position. Co-workers are fabulous. There is no difficult part about this position. The most enjoyable part is the independence, the responsibility and meeting new people.
Pros
each day is different in terms of customer relations
Cons
not enough work to make me happy
I spend 18 years in Nestle
Globe Manager (Current Employee) –  Cairo4 November 2012
Nestle was a great teacher for me. I learned
the knowledge of SAP in function and business
The knowledge of most the business from finance, WM, customer service and production
The softskills like mangement and leadership
effective listening
Motivate the employees to achieve our objective
Nestle continous excellence and seven Sigma

The most enjoyable part is the new initiative and the project to support the expension of the business

A typical day
Follow the status of the project with project managers
Checking the KPI of SLA
Checking the issues that we have
Meeting with stakeholders
Pros
learned a lot and i like working in this company
Great company to work for!
Factory Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2012
A typical day depends on what department you are working on. Great co-workers help to make your day go by much more smoothier. I met some really pleasant people while working there and it just made everything better. If you are working in the factory the work can be repetitive so make sure to always stretch and excercize your muscles. The hardest part of the job was working all shifts. The most enjoyable part was meeting so many new people, & gaining experience.
Pros
great workplace
Cons
you may have to work shifts you might not like but with time you'll find one you do like
Good Experince
Senior AIX Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario30 October 2012
I enjoyed working here. Learn many new things and worked on variety of tasks which added a dynamic experince to my knowlgde.

4.2