Nestlé Employee Reviews in Canada

not fair
Inside Sales / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  BramptonFebruary 24, 2015
No compassion at all for mothers. I went from full time to part time.
Then got laid off. Nestle favours employees and it clearly showed.
Pros
tasting new products
Cons
no compassion
Standard work place
SAP FICO Consultant (Current Employee) –  CAJanuary 29, 2013
• Implemented 2 full life cycles of FICO projects in General Ledger (GL), New- GL, Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Asset Accounting (AA) CCA, Internal Orders, COPA, EC-PCA, and integration experience with MM, SD, PP.
• Expertise in applying Project Planning and Design including Vision, Blue Print, Configuration, Data Migration, Unit testing, Integration testing, End User Training, Cut-Over, Deliver, Go-Live and Post Go-Live.
• Efficient in analyzing the Business Requirements, needs and Objectives and Mapping them as per SAP processes, solutions and products that are being implemented
• Extensive experience of Financial Accounting (FI) Customization, Configuration and Testing in Classic General Ledger Accounting FI-G/L and New G/L, Accounts Payable FI-A/P, Accounts Receivable FI-A/R, FI- SPL (Special Purpose Ledger), Fixed Asset and Asset Accounting FI-AA in highly Complex Business Environment.
okay
WAREHOUSE CLERK (Former Employee) –  dorvalFebruary 6, 2013
I was only there on a contract. I enjoyed the people I worked with it allowed me to be trained in union agreements as well as night shift. I was the liaison between the warehouse personnel and the management team
Pros
co workers and educational experiences
Cons
midnight shift.only a small contract
Too long ago
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  CalgaryOctober 3, 2014
It wouldn't be fair for me to rate this company as there has been a lot of changes since I left. They have strong brands, mostly through acquisition.They provided me with the opportunities that helped me land my current position, and as I look back on the experience, I learned a lot, but I've been much happier since I left their employ.
Pros
lunch allowances
Cons
large company with a significant hiarchy
excellent place to work.
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, ONMay 9, 2013
i loved my job ,a great work environment ,excellent co-workers and management was awesome.
Pros
loved my job, started as general help, packer and moved on to machine operator and lift truck driver.
Cons
lay offs, seasonal, and company closed in alexandria.
I spend 18 years in Nestle
Globe Manager (Current Employee) –  CairoNovember 4, 2012
Nestle was a great teacher for me. I learned
the knowledge of SAP in function and business
The knowledge of most the business from finance, WM, customer service and production
The softskills like mangement and leadership
effective listening
Motivate the employees to achieve our objective
Nestle continous excellence and seven Sigma

The most enjoyable part is the new initiative and the project to support the expension of the business

A typical day
Follow the status of the project with project managers
Checking the KPI of SLA
Checking the issues that we have
Meeting with stakeholders
Pros
learned a lot and i like working in this company
Great company to work for!
Factory Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2012
A typical day depends on what department you are working on. Great co-workers help to make your day go by much more smoothier. I met some really pleasant people while working there and it just made everything better. If you are working in the factory the work can be repetitive so make sure to always stretch and excercize your muscles. The hardest part of the job was working all shifts. The most enjoyable part was meeting so many new people, & gaining experience.
Pros
great workplace
Cons
you may have to work shifts you might not like but with time you'll find one you do like
Generally Relaxed Eviroment, But not without flaws
temp for 6 months (Former Employee) –  BarrieJanuary 11, 2014
temps come in and are encouraged to be trained and advance, and come to management for guidance, yet when requests are made by employees to management, we are labelled as a problem causer and they find ways to make your time their uncomfortable so you will want to leave. Management is unorganized, lines are often not ready to start running in a timely fashion, orders are cancelled and switched around, often you are put at task to do rework and fixing mistakes that shouldn't have been made, temps are often asked to complete tasks they do not have the required training to complete safely, operators are under stress to pump out juice at ungodly speeds, and they seem to use a trail and error method when it comes to new systems and equipment. However, I cant say I didn't meet some awesome people in there, your coworkers are mainly optimistic and easygoing to be around, however the petty high school dramas tend to break out from time to time.

oh yeah, I learned in there that working 5 days a week for min wage in a company where your management doesn't care about you sucks.
Pros
opportunity for full time and extra in house training, good ppl, weekends off
Cons
randomly being stuck overtime when the line shuts down and we are waiting on juice, ridiculas management, drama, weird smells, get covered n gross juice sometimes, dealing with disposal of spoiled product and getting interrigated for mistakes on paperwork.
Productive days
Barista (Current Employee) –  Bramalea, ONJanuary 29, 2015
Enjoyed working with the staff, pleasant environment. Most days worked independently so learned to be self-sufficient
Pros
pleasant staff
Cons
limited breaks
Productive and enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton,ONJanuary 28, 2014
Very fast paced
Learned to multitask very well
Management was fare and very easy to talk to
The job could get stressful, and I learned to work very well under stress
this is my over all review, as of when i started my career,
Process operator, machine operator (Current Employee) –  terlet gassing/ wrapping machine.October 27, 2012
working with others as 1 team, & conformance to compliance,
company's motivation while working you are learning, intolerable system. they does not obey company's code of bussness conduct, favoritism. disobeying some policies & guidlines, discriminating any other nationalities, co worker does not so cooperative, initiative was poor, Presure helpless, stress night shift duty, choosing a true friend/ trustworthy tideness of credibility & integrety.
Pros
free of accommodation / 3 meals per day, aminities was fair
Cons
6 days working/ 8 hours per day
Fun workplace, demanding
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Rexdale, ONJanuary 15, 2014
Lots of orders to pick, fun environment, the management was good until the new supervisor took place who treated workers inappropriately
Pros
free ice cream
Cons
cold fridge environment
Long hours and don't get hurt
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, OntarioMay 29, 2014
I worked as an agency employee at the Guelph location.
As soon as I had an injury they let me go and tried to disavow the injury.
It ended up being not serious but I was in for a long drawn out process if it had of been.
Pros
not many
Cons
hours, breakneck pace, no break coverage
It was very beneficial especially SEASON READY
Encore Marketing (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONAugust 20, 2012
A typical day was very rewarding and beneficial. I learned a lot about ice cream. Co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was cleaning freezers. The most enjoyable was meeting and talking with all kinds of people.
Pros
meeting exciting people
Cons
there were no cons for me. i thoroughly enjoyed my job.
Productive. Learned to work in a team oriented environment.
Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONAugust 19, 2013
Worked as a Line associate in a fast paced team oriented food environment. Processed many different types of foods and dry goods for Nestles. Work in various positions over a six month period.
Left my position due to a back injury, which I have recovered from.
High performance culture, people come first
Media Relationship Champion (Current Employee) –  North York, ONJune 13, 2014
Been with Nestle for 4 years, great work environment, but unfortunately it's so difficult to get a permanent job within my area of expertise
Senior Preparation Operator (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ONMarch 10, 2014
Operate Cook centres and be safe
how to use steam kettles and work to nestles high standerds
Let you work and trusted you
Great people to work with
Not knowing what time you will start or finish consitently
Working in such a fast pace industry
not for me
General Production (Former Employee) –  London, ONOctober 23, 2014
ok..made 3 friends..it was not fore me. job was easy just packing ice cream
Pros
company store
Cons
not steady
A safe and frienly place
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 3, 2014
In Nestlé the most important thing is the safety for all the workers, an other important thing is the ergonomis and all the stations can be adapted for everyone.

The co-workers are very friendly, and they help you if you need it.
i,m glad to be part of this company
Packaging Operator (Current Employee) –  04ASeptember 4, 2014
i give my knowledge to this company to developments and new approaches, and discover the latest trends and technologies.

4.2