Nestlé Employee Reviews

High performance culture, people come first
Media Relationship Champion (Current Employee) –  North York, ONJune 13, 2014
Been with Nestle for 4 years, great work environment, but unfortunately it's so difficult to get a permanent job within my area of expertise
Lazy Mans Dream Job
Palettizer (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 3, 2014
Another family and friends company. Most who work there are, and if you get hired on at the paltry 11 bucks an hour as a part timer with no connections, start looking for another job because they have a revolving door for you. The company is unionized and they give all the part timers the harder jobs, which really aren't that hard, while the full timers there site around and do very little. I actually saw one lady laying down on the job while she was supposed to be watching the Hardners. She would lay down on these huge sheets of cardboard then pull a couple of them over herself to take a little nap. Management seems to do very little to discipline these lazy unionized workers. They treat the part timers like low life scum as though we just got off welfare. Don't expect advancement with this favoritism company as you will have a hard time getting into the buddy buddy group unless you are a great butt sucker.
Pros
free ice cream and cheap to buy at company store, clean.
Cons
lousy wages, stuck up union, family and friends only need apply.
Long hours and don't get hurt
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, OntarioMay 29, 2014
I worked as an agency employee at the Guelph location.
As soon as I had an injury they let me go and tried to disavow the injury.
It ended up being not serious but I was in for a long drawn out process if it had of been.
Pros
not many
Cons
hours, breakneck pace, no break coverage
night job
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 8, 2014
worth every min of it learned lot of hands on work exp
the cleaning part was eazy its was the long night shift that did in the long run other then that it was one of the best job I had so far would work there over any other job ,
Pros
hands on work
Cons
You are the best programer
System Analyst/Project Leader (Former Employee) –  North York, ONMarch 19, 2014
There was a Finance Director always told everyone that I was the best programer. During that period, I customized Ms Excel spreadsheets to link with mainframe database. I hid most of menus and displayed only what needed. I trained Inventory Planners how to use these spreadsheets. One day, he stopped me at lunch in the cafeteria and shouted that my spreadsheet driving him crazy, all the menus are gone. Being humiliated suddenly, I was numb. Later, I found out that he asked an Inventory Planner for a copy. After viewing it, instead of exiting Ms Excel and reopening other spreadsheets, he tried to open from the customized workbook and it blocked him...
Pros
employees can buy nestle product with discount price
Cons
paid parking
Senior Preparation Operator (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ONMarch 10, 2014
Operate Cook centres and be safe
how to use steam kettles and work to nestles high standerds
Let you work and trusted you
Great people to work with
Not knowing what time you will start or finish consitently
Working in such a fast pace industry
Great place to work.
Production Supervisor / Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SKFebruary 18, 2014
Jobs phased out due to stream lining of factories. Great experiences working with profesional people.
A safe and frienly place
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 3, 2014
In Nestlé the most important thing is the safety for all the workers, an other important thing is the ergonomis and all the stations can be adapted for everyone.

The co-workers are very friendly, and they help you if you need it.
Productive and enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton,ONJanuary 28, 2014
Very fast paced
Learned to multitask very well
Management was fare and very easy to talk to
The job could get stressful, and I learned to work very well under stress
Good Company
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Malton, ONJanuary 27, 2014
Fell under the leadership of a good manager. It was hard work, but the monetary return was good.
Productive and well protected
REGISTERED NUTRITIONIST-DIETITIAN/FREELANCE RND (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJanuary 18, 2014
In the hospital we usually work for 8 hrs a day.from 8am to 5pm.I ve learned a lot from the hospital most especially when giving diet to the patients that include patient education.During the supervision of the staff, i don't find much difficulty because they follow the rules and regulation.The management of the hospital is good .My workers are respectful and we build a good rapport to each other.However the hardest part of the job is when Holy Ramadan comes , we usually comes for work very early in the morning.by 3 shifting.then of course ,the most enjoyable part of the job, is when we receive our salary.

In Health and Wellness, I usually work for 8 hrs but there a target ,i had to do Nutrition counselling for 80 consult meaning 80 shoppers.Management is okay.then my co workers is okay because we had a unity.The hardest part is when there is no shoppers in the supermarket, we will not be able to meet the target.As usual the enjoyable part is when salary comes.
Pros
free accomodation and free food allowance.
Cons
patients cannot understand english.
Fun workplace, demanding
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Rexdale, ONJanuary 15, 2014
Lots of orders to pick, fun environment, the management was good until the new supervisor took place who treated workers inappropriately
Pros
free ice cream
Cons
cold fridge environment
Generally Relaxed Eviroment, But not without flaws
temp for 6 months (Former Employee) –  BarrieJanuary 11, 2014
temps come in and are encouraged to be trained and advance, and come to management for guidance, yet when requests are made by employees to management, we are labelled as a problem causer and they find ways to make your time their uncomfortable so you will want to leave. Management is unorganized, lines are often not ready to start running in a timely fashion, orders are cancelled and switched around, often you are put at task to do rework and fixing mistakes that shouldn't have been made, temps are often asked to complete tasks they do not have the required training to complete safely, operators are under stress to pump out juice at ungodly speeds, and they seem to use a trail and error method when it comes to new systems and equipment. However, I cant say I didn't meet some awesome people in there, your coworkers are mainly optimistic and easygoing to be around, however the petty high school dramas tend to break out from time to time.

oh yeah, I learned in there that working 5 days a week for min wage in a company where your management doesn't care about you sucks.
Pros
opportunity for full time and extra in house training, good ppl, weekends off
Cons
randomly being stuck overtime when the line shuts down and we are waiting on juice, ridiculas management, drama, weird smells, get covered n gross juice sometimes, dealing with disposal of spoiled product and getting interrigated for mistakes on paperwork.
can goods, snocks,cheez, noonfood , ang food
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  quesonDecember 20, 2013
inventory, saletook, b.o gathering,refill items,, ast the customer
Cons
depend
Respectable Business
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 4, 2013
Lots of responsibility for such a small title. Also the only expendable person in the whole building. Not a good feeling.
Productive and fun to talk to people that walked across.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 2, 2013
All day, I would stand behind the ice cream truck and get customers to come by and check out the ice creams. If any person had any questions regarding the price of the ice cream or about the events that were happening around the area.

I learned about customer service when replying customer's questions, and applying simple mathematics to give the customers the right amount of change.

Management came a few times throughout the day to check on the quantity of ice creams that were left, and asked me how the sales were going.

The hardest part of the day during work was standing and not moving around a lot, because the job didn't require that much movement in the area. My legs would get sore from just standing and it got pretty boring after a few hours passed by.

The enjoyable part of the job was talking to the customers as they passed by. Whenever I was free and there weren't a lot of people, I would talk to a customer how their day was and other topics. It was a nice way to communicate with people and it passed the time faster than just being behind the ice cream truck.
Always a new challenge, which I enjoyed
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Okanagan BCOctober 25, 2013
I was a Sales Rep for Nestle Foods. I worked in the Food Division as well as Confectionery and the Ice Cream Division.
I won first place for Western Canada in a promo blitz and won many other prizes for best sales. Lots of work but fun!
My supervisor for the Okanagan was the best one I have ever had. Smart knowledgeable and kept us all motivated even when we were tired from traveling and long days.
Pros
free samples
Cons
long hours, but fun!
Good environment
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 28, 2013
Maintenance staff comes together to problem solve so it makes for a nice environment
Pros
good shifts
Cons
not to much overtime
fun
Production crew (Former Employee) –  nestle philippinesAugust 27, 2013
Its a project base job.They only hire for 6month project.
No security ,no benefits.
Pros
get discounts from nestle products
Cons
work long hours in a day since its only a contractual base
Productive. Learned to work in a team oriented environment.
Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONAugust 19, 2013
Worked as a Line associate in a fast paced team oriented food environment. Processed many different types of foods and dry goods for Nestles. Work in various positions over a six month period.
Left my position due to a back injury, which I have recovered from.

4.2