Nestlé Employee Reviews in Canada

Great place to work.
Production Supervisor / Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SKFebruary 18, 2014
Jobs phased out due to stream lining of factories. Great experiences working with profesional people.
A safe and frienly place
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 3, 2014
In Nestlé the most important thing is the safety for all the workers, an other important thing is the ergonomis and all the stations can be adapted for everyone.

The co-workers are very friendly, and they help you if you need it.
Productive and enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton,ONJanuary 28, 2014
Very fast paced
Learned to multitask very well
Management was fare and very easy to talk to
The job could get stressful, and I learned to work very well under stress
Good Company
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Malton, ONJanuary 27, 2014
Fell under the leadership of a good manager. It was hard work, but the monetary return was good.
Productive and well protected
REGISTERED NUTRITIONIST-DIETITIAN/FREELANCE RND (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJanuary 18, 2014
In the hospital we usually work for 8 hrs a day.from 8am to 5pm.I ve learned a lot from the hospital most especially when giving diet to the patients that include patient education.During the supervision of the staff, i don't find much difficulty because they follow the rules and regulation.The management of the hospital is good .My workers are respectful and we build a good rapport to each other.However the hardest part of the job is when Holy Ramadan comes , we usually comes for work very early in the morning.by 3 shifting.then of course ,the most enjoyable part of the job, is when we receive our salary.

In Health and Wellness, I usually work for 8 hrs but there a target ,i had to do Nutrition counselling for 80 consult meaning 80 shoppers.Management is okay.then my co workers is okay because we had a unity.The hardest part is when there is no shoppers in the supermarket, we will not be able to meet the target.As usual the enjoyable part is when salary comes.
Pros
free accomodation and free food allowance.
Cons
patients cannot understand english.
Fun workplace, demanding
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Rexdale, ONJanuary 15, 2014
Lots of orders to pick, fun environment, the management was good until the new supervisor took place who treated workers inappropriately
Pros
free ice cream
Cons
cold fridge environment
Generally Relaxed Eviroment, But not without flaws
temp for 6 months (Former Employee) –  BarrieJanuary 11, 2014
temps come in and are encouraged to be trained and advance, and come to management for guidance, yet when requests are made by employees to management, we are labelled as a problem causer and they find ways to make your time their uncomfortable so you will want to leave. Management is unorganized, lines are often not ready to start running in a timely fashion, orders are cancelled and switched around, often you are put at task to do rework and fixing mistakes that shouldn't have been made, temps are often asked to complete tasks they do not have the required training to complete safely, operators are under stress to pump out juice at ungodly speeds, and they seem to use a trail and error method when it comes to new systems and equipment. However, I cant say I didn't meet some awesome people in there, your coworkers are mainly optimistic and easygoing to be around, however the petty high school dramas tend to break out from time to time.

oh yeah, I learned in there that working 5 days a week for min wage in a company where your management doesn't care about you sucks.
Pros
opportunity for full time and extra in house training, good ppl, weekends off
Cons
randomly being stuck overtime when the line shuts down and we are waiting on juice, ridiculas management, drama, weird smells, get covered n gross juice sometimes, dealing with disposal of spoiled product and getting interrigated for mistakes on paperwork.
can goods, snocks,cheez, noonfood , ang food
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  quesonDecember 20, 2013
inventory, saletook, b.o gathering,refill items,, ast the customer
Cons
depend
Respectable Business
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 4, 2013
Lots of responsibility for such a small title. Also the only expendable person in the whole building. Not a good feeling.
Productive and fun to talk to people that walked across.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 2, 2013
All day, I would stand behind the ice cream truck and get customers to come by and check out the ice creams. If any person had any questions regarding the price of the ice cream or about the events that were happening around the area.

I learned about customer service when replying customer's questions, and applying simple mathematics to give the customers the right amount of change.

Management came a few times throughout the day to check on the quantity of ice creams that were left, and asked me how the sales were going.

The hardest part of the day during work was standing and not moving around a lot, because the job didn't require that much movement in the area. My legs would get sore from just standing and it got pretty boring after a few hours passed by.

The enjoyable part of the job was talking to the customers as they passed by. Whenever I was free and there weren't a lot of people, I would talk to a customer how their day was and other topics. It was a nice way to communicate with people and it passed the time faster than just being behind the ice cream truck.
Always a new challenge, which I enjoyed
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Okanagan BCOctober 25, 2013
I was a Sales Rep for Nestle Foods. I worked in the Food Division as well as Confectionery and the Ice Cream Division.
I won first place for Western Canada in a promo blitz and won many other prizes for best sales. Lots of work but fun!
My supervisor for the Okanagan was the best one I have ever had. Smart knowledgeable and kept us all motivated even when we were tired from traveling and long days.
Pros
free samples
Cons
long hours, but fun!
Good environment
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 28, 2013
Maintenance staff comes together to problem solve so it makes for a nice environment
Pros
good shifts
Cons
not to much overtime
fun
Production crew (Former Employee) –  nestle philippinesAugust 27, 2013
Its a project base job.They only hire for 6month project.
No security ,no benefits.
Pros
get discounts from nestle products
Cons
work long hours in a day since its only a contractual base
Productive. Learned to work in a team oriented environment.
Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONAugust 19, 2013
Worked as a Line associate in a fast paced team oriented food environment. Processed many different types of foods and dry goods for Nestles. Work in various positions over a six month period.
Left my position due to a back injury, which I have recovered from.
Distribution Supervisor
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Goreway Drive, MississaugaJuly 31, 2013
A typical day began at 5:00 am, checking fuel gages in the trucks and trailers, as well as the temperature of the refers. Then went inside to meet the day crew arriving for their pick-up and supplied routing and tickets for each call.
Went through new orders ongoing and allocated them through SAP to our routing system.

Printed next day tickets and prepared mail bags for all out of town drivers and routes. Contact for all drivers, daily handling affairs, calling store owners, preparing refunds and processing overages caused from picking errors.

Managed the Open debt reports daily and brought the huge deficit to under $ 100,000 from 1.5 M.

Again co-workers great to work with, at times a challenge when things didn't go their way.
Pros
free ice cream supplied in the luch room, management very supportive
Cons
keeping the ice cream at -40 degress on hot summer days
great place to work
assist during busy season (Current Employee) –  London ontJuly 18, 2013
go in do ur job they never bug u if ur always working great company to work for I have been there 3months and really like it hope to go back when I can
A well run company with excellent leadership and values
Channel Category Sales Director (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJune 28, 2013
Nestle is a well run organization with excellent leadership and strong people who are highly collaborative. Nestle does a great job of providing opportunities for cross functional moves within the business. Nestle's promotes from within and seeks to develop it's people through providing opportunities for growth both in country and internationally.
Pros
highly collaborative culture
Cons
minimal opportunities for advancement in canada
Season work, get to keep cool
Palatizing (Current Employee) –  London, ONJune 9, 2013
Work in a cold room handling ice cream all day
Close interaction with fellow employee's
Pros
free ice cream
excellent place to work.
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, ONMay 9, 2013
i loved my job ,a great work environment ,excellent co-workers and management was awesome.
Pros
loved my job, started as general help, packer and moved on to machine operator and lift truck driver.
Cons
lay offs, seasonal, and company closed in alexandria.
Excellent place to work
Quality Assurance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONMay 8, 2013
Love the fast pace atmosphere. It was our department that cleared the ingredients for production so attention to detail, document control and change process was key to getting product out the door to our customers.

4.2