Nestlé Employee Reviews in Canada

No real difference than any other company, little opportunity for advancement.
Major Channel Retail Development Representative (Former Employee) –  alberta CanadaJuly 21, 2014
Reduced middle management roles and continued hiring of very skilled ambitious people with no advancement opportunities lead to increased turnover.
Senior Preparation Operator (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ONMarch 10, 2014
Operate Cook centres and be safe
how to use steam kettles and work to nestles high standerds
Let you work and trusted you
Great people to work with
Not knowing what time you will start or finish consitently
Working in such a fast pace industry
Good work environment
Human Resources/Corporate Admin Specialist (Former Employee) –  North YorkFebruary 1, 2015
Fun place to work.
Good work environment, flexable hours
Challenging work, room for advancement
Fast paced.
Please see resume for details.
excellent place to work.
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, ONMay 9, 2013
i loved my job ,a great work environment ,excellent co-workers and management was awesome.
Pros
loved my job, started as general help, packer and moved on to machine operator and lift truck driver.
Cons
lay offs, seasonal, and company closed in alexandria.
Excellent place to work
Quality Assurance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONMay 8, 2013
Love the fast pace atmosphere. It was our department that cleared the ingredients for production so attention to detail, document control and change process was key to getting product out the door to our customers.
A safe and frienly place
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 3, 2014
In Nestlé the most important thing is the safety for all the workers, an other important thing is the ergonomis and all the stations can be adapted for everyone.

The co-workers are very friendly, and they help you if you need it.
Lazy Mans Dream Job
Palettizer (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 3, 2014
Another family and friends company. Most who work there are, and if you get hired on at the paltry 11 bucks an hour as a part timer with no connections, start looking for another job because they have a revolving door for you. The company is unionized and they give all the part timers the harder jobs, which really aren't that hard, while the full timers there site around and do very little. I actually saw one lady laying down on the job while she was supposed to be watching the Hardners. She would lay down on these huge sheets of cardboard then pull a couple of them over herself to take a little nap. Management seems to do very little to discipline these lazy unionized workers. They treat the part timers like low life scum as though we just got off welfare. Don't expect advancement with this favoritism company as you will have a hard time getting into the buddy buddy group unless you are a great butt sucker.
Pros
free ice cream and cheap to buy at company store, clean.
Cons
lousy wages, stuck up union, family and friends only need apply.
Productive days
Barista (Current Employee) –  Bramalea, ONJanuary 29, 2015
Enjoyed working with the staff, pleasant environment. Most days worked independently so learned to be self-sufficient
Pros
pleasant staff
Cons
limited breaks
night job
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 8, 2014
worth every min of it learned lot of hands on work exp
the cleaning part was eazy its was the long night shift that did in the long run other then that it was one of the best job I had so far would work there over any other job ,
Pros
hands on work
Productive and enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton,ONJanuary 28, 2014
Very fast paced
Learned to multitask very well
Management was fare and very easy to talk to
The job could get stressful, and I learned to work very well under stress
High performance culture, people come first
Media Relationship Champion (Current Employee) –  North York, ONJune 13, 2014
Been with Nestle for 4 years, great work environment, but unfortunately it's so difficult to get a permanent job within my area of expertise
Fun workplace, demanding
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Rexdale, ONJanuary 15, 2014
Lots of orders to pick, fun environment, the management was good until the new supervisor took place who treated workers inappropriately
Pros
free ice cream
Cons
cold fridge environment
Good people
Security Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioOctober 5, 2014
Good people. Little room for advancement Over all good place to work. Great experience.
Pros
discount on nestle products
Cons
little room for growth
Productive and well protected
REGISTERED NUTRITIONIST-DIETITIAN/FREELANCE RND (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJanuary 18, 2014
In the hospital we usually work for 8 hrs a day.from 8am to 5pm.I ve learned a lot from the hospital most especially when giving diet to the patients that include patient education.During the supervision of the staff, i don't find much difficulty because they follow the rules and regulation.The management of the hospital is good .My workers are respectful and we build a good rapport to each other.However the hardest part of the job is when Holy Ramadan comes , we usually comes for work very early in the morning.by 3 shifting.then of course ,the most enjoyable part of the job, is when we receive our salary.

In Health and Wellness, I usually work for 8 hrs but there a target ,i had to do Nutrition counselling for 80 consult meaning 80 shoppers.Management is okay.then my co workers is okay because we had a unity.The hardest part is when there is no shoppers in the supermarket, we will not be able to meet the target.As usual the enjoyable part is when salary comes.
Pros
free accomodation and free food allowance.
Cons
patients cannot understand english.
Productive and fun to talk to people that walked across.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 2, 2013
All day, I would stand behind the ice cream truck and get customers to come by and check out the ice creams. If any person had any questions regarding the price of the ice cream or about the events that were happening around the area.

I learned about customer service when replying customer's questions, and applying simple mathematics to give the customers the right amount of change.

Management came a few times throughout the day to check on the quantity of ice creams that were left, and asked me how the sales were going.

The hardest part of the day during work was standing and not moving around a lot, because the job didn't require that much movement in the area. My legs would get sore from just standing and it got pretty boring after a few hours passed by.

The enjoyable part of the job was talking to the customers as they passed by. Whenever I was free and there weren't a lot of people, I would talk to a customer how their day was and other topics. It was a nice way to communicate with people and it passed the time faster than just being behind the ice cream truck.
i,m glad to be part of this company
Packaging Operator (Current Employee) –  04ASeptember 4, 2014
i give my knowledge to this company to developments and new approaches, and discover the latest trends and technologies.
fun
Production crew (Former Employee) –  nestle philippinesAugust 27, 2013
Its a project base job.They only hire for 6month project.
No security ,no benefits.
Pros
get discounts from nestle products
Cons
work long hours in a day since its only a contractual base
excellent company
MPS Planner (Former Employee) –  torontoJanuary 6, 2015
great experience and developed skills that I continue to utilize daily
Pros
work enviroment
great place to work
assist during busy season (Current Employee) –  London ontJuly 18, 2013
go in do ur job they never bug u if ur always working great company to work for I have been there 3months and really like it hope to go back when I can
Productive and fun workers
Raw Material Handler / Batch Preparation (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesOctober 1, 2012
Operating Big machines making noodles, coffee proct and milks and Cereals..
Pros
free launches
Cons
8 hours a day 6 days a week

4.2