Nestlé Employee Reviews in Canada

No real difference than any other company, little opportunity for advancement.
Major Channel Retail Development Representative (Former Employee) –  alberta CanadaJuly 21, 2014
Reduced middle management roles and continued hiring of very skilled ambitious people with no advancement opportunities lead to increased turnover.
Distribution Supervisor
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Goreway Drive, MississaugaJuly 31, 2013
A typical day began at 5:00 am, checking fuel gages in the trucks and trailers, as well as the temperature of the refers. Then went inside to meet the day crew arriving for their pick-up and supplied routing and tickets for each call.
Went through new orders ongoing and allocated them through SAP to our routing system.

Printed next day tickets and prepared mail bags for all out of town drivers and routes. Contact for all drivers, daily handling affairs, calling store owners, preparing refunds and processing overages caused from picking errors.

Managed the Open debt reports daily and brought the huge deficit to under $ 100,000 from 1.5 M.

Again co-workers great to work with, at times a challenge when things didn't go their way.
Pros
free ice cream supplied in the luch room, management very supportive
Cons
keeping the ice cream at -40 degress on hot summer days
overall was a good place to work
Western Region Coordinator - Ice Cream Division (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 9, 2012
- alot of variety
- i learned that you can have a boss that values and appreciates you
- very little training
- management toward the end was very good
- had fun with alot of the coworkers
Pros
family orientated
Cons
salary could have been higher
Productive and fun at workplace
Packer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 28, 2014
I worked from Monday to Friday in a regular time. I learned a lot in this company, It's a challenging day to day job. We're doing a different kinds of display, do production with my lead hand I enjoyed working with them. The management are doing good. my co-workers we're helping each other just to finished the production.
I believe I am a hard working, dedicated person who will go beyond the normal to achieve positive results and work safley.
Sanitation Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Carberry, MBMarch 18, 2015
Productive and well informed company totally willing to train employees in proper techniques and safety procedures, to help them be productive and work safely.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting good reviews from the customers and auditors.
Pros
always willing to train to make people more productive
Cons
nil
Good work environment
Human Resources/Corporate Admin Specialist (Former Employee) –  North YorkFebruary 1, 2015
Fun place to work.
Good work environment, flexable hours
Challenging work, room for advancement
Fast paced.
Please see resume for details.
Productive and fun to talk to people that walked across.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 2, 2013
All day, I would stand behind the ice cream truck and get customers to come by and check out the ice creams. If any person had any questions regarding the price of the ice cream or about the events that were happening around the area.

I learned about customer service when replying customer's questions, and applying simple mathematics to give the customers the right amount of change.

Management came a few times throughout the day to check on the quantity of ice creams that were left, and asked me how the sales were going.

The hardest part of the day during work was standing and not moving around a lot, because the job didn't require that much movement in the area. My legs would get sore from just standing and it got pretty boring after a few hours passed by.

The enjoyable part of the job was talking to the customers as they passed by. Whenever I was free and there weren't a lot of people, I would talk to a customer how their day was and other topics. It was a nice way to communicate with people and it passed the time faster than just being behind the ice cream truck.
Great learning experience
Continuous Improvement Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 26, 2015
Got to learn a great deal about the continuous improvement initiative. I was given the flexibility to do my tasks as per my vision, however, it took a long time to get anything approved.
fun
Production crew (Former Employee) –  nestle philippinesAugust 27, 2013
Its a project base job.They only hire for 6month project.
No security ,no benefits.
Pros
get discounts from nestle products
Cons
work long hours in a day since its only a contractual base
No Stress - Fun Work
Retail Field Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 7, 2013
This has been a wonderful learning experience. Merchandising is fun as it still allows me to hone my business development skills and customer service skills. Management for the most part does not micro-manage, which is a plus in this position. Co-workers are fabulous. There is no difficult part about this position. The most enjoyable part is the independence, the responsibility and meeting new people.
Pros
each day is different in terms of customer relations
Cons
not enough work to make me happy
Worst Place I`ve Ever Worked For
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Nestle Waters GuelphSeptember 22, 2014
Ok I`m going to be completely honest with you here. Nestle waters does not value it`s employees. If you`re not part of the favorites group then you will be targeted for termination. I`ve never seen such a high turnover rate in all my years of working. The job itself is boring and far too easy. If you`re lazy then you`ll love it there but you need to get in well with the managers and become part of their clique. If not then they will harass you to no end, they will write you up for things that you never did and fabricate stories so they can build a false history record on you. If you argue with them then they will send you to mandatory counseling for anger management. They are very shady and sneaky and will boot you out the door as soon as they have enough incidents on your record. HR will do nothing for you since they are on the same side as management. I`ve seen them do this to over 15 people in a span of 2 years. If you`re a student and only interested in working there on a seasonal basis then you`ll be fine. Don`t work here looking for full time though. They desperately need a union to protect their workers. On day shift they have about 40 managers who have nothing to do so they walk the floor and harass the operators.
Pros
cheap water
Cons
harassment, too many managers, no employee appreciation ect..
Great Fun Place
Senior Business Integration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, CanadaMay 3, 2015
Excellent Workplace. Good place to learn new things.Great company with lots of opportunities. Good balance between work and family.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
NA
Great Company.
Retail Sales Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 30, 2014
At Nestle every day was like a new job ... you never knew what to expect. Over the years I have learned and became a more experienced Sales professional due to all the training and guidance I have recieved. My co-workers have become like family over the years and the hardest part was saying goodbye when the National Restructure occured and my position was terminated. The most enjoyable part of my functions was seeing challenges every day and over coming them and also setting objectives and attaining them through hard work and execution.
Pros
company car, bonuses, etc.
Cons
lack of communication at times.
Always a new challenge, which I enjoyed
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Okanagan BCOctober 25, 2013
I was a Sales Rep for Nestle Foods. I worked in the Food Division as well as Confectionery and the Ice Cream Division.
I won first place for Western Canada in a promo blitz and won many other prizes for best sales. Lots of work but fun!
My supervisor for the Okanagan was the best one I have ever had. Smart knowledgeable and kept us all motivated even when we were tired from traveling and long days.
Pros
free samples
Cons
long hours, but fun!
excellent company
MPS Planner (Former Employee) –  torontoJanuary 6, 2015
great experience and developed skills that I continue to utilize daily
Pros
work enviroment
interesting work environment.
Bilingual Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  March, ONMarch 31, 2015
It was a 6 month summer contract where I was required to contact customers/clients to gain their ice cream orders. I was also required to upsell any new products.
Pros
Cheap products
Cons
no team spirit
Good people
Security Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioOctober 5, 2014
Good people. Little room for advancement Over all good place to work. Great experience.
Pros
discount on nestle products
Cons
little room for growth
You are the best programer
System Analyst/Project Leader (Former Employee) –  North York, ONMarch 19, 2014
There was a Finance Director always told everyone that I was the best programer. During that period, I customized Ms Excel spreadsheets to link with mainframe database. I hid most of menus and displayed only what needed. I trained Inventory Planners how to use these spreadsheets. One day, he stopped me at lunch in the cafeteria and shouted that my spreadsheet driving him crazy, all the menus are gone. Being humiliated suddenly, I was numb. Later, I found out that he asked an Inventory Planner for a copy. After viewing it, instead of exiting Ms Excel and reopening other spreadsheets, he tried to open from the customized workbook and it blocked him...
Pros
employees can buy nestle product with discount price
Cons
paid parking
Fun Workplace
Engineering Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 24, 2015
Had fun and made a substantial wage. Work was physical and also fun, fast pace environment and overall just a professional and fun place to work.
Customer Business Development Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 20, 2014
Excellent culture, value brand and employees, great place to work, excellent reputation

4.2