Nestlé Employee Reviews

Productive and safe work environment
Packer (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 October 2015
Fun work place with encouraging employees, great safety team, and room for advancements. Very determined to have a safe work environment, and have everyone leave the same way the arrived. Everyone was very friendly and helpful and enthusiastic about asking for help and keeping each other happy.
Pros
Free ice cream on breaks
Cons
unstable schedule
Quality Management
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 May 2013
A typical day involved management of direct employees plus guidance and technical support to the rest of the factory on quality and food safety related queries or concerns. Was a joy to learn further about CAPA and lean manufacturing to further support my career path. As well, being able to apply imitative and creativity to annual performance objectives for both quality and the factory; I enjoyed making a difference for the company's bottom line.
Nice people to work with locally but managed from aternative location.
Shipper/ Receiver / Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON18 March 2015
My day started with a review of items still open from previous day, Next I would prepare for the present day. I attended daily production meetings with the other members of the team I was working with. We would review the requirements of the production and shipping schedule. The people I worked with are very nice and are fun to work with.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the demand for older model equipment and parts. Some orders required hours of searching other offsite inventories to find what was needed.
The best part of my job was seeing everything completed for my day at the end of my day. Something's required more then one day to complete and they carried over, but at the end of my day things were as they should be.
Local management was good, but all senior management was located in America, and interaction was low.
Pros
Training trips to Florida
Cons
distant management
A well run company with excellent leadership and values
Channel Category Sales Director (Former Employee) –  North York, ON28 June 2013
Nestle is a well run organization with excellent leadership and strong people who are highly collaborative. Nestle does a great job of providing opportunities for cross functional moves within the business. Nestle's promotes from within and seeks to develop it's people through providing opportunities for growth both in country and internationally.
Pros
Highly collaborative culture
Cons
Minimal opportunities for advancement in Canada
Distribution Supervisor
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Goreway Drive, Mississauga31 July 2013
A typical day began at 5:00 am, checking fuel gages in the trucks and trailers, as well as the temperature of the refers. Then went inside to meet the day crew arriving for their pick-up and supplied routing and tickets for each call.
Went through new orders ongoing and allocated them through SAP to our routing system.

Printed next day tickets and prepared mail bags for all out of town drivers and routes. Contact for all drivers, daily handling affairs, calling store owners, preparing refunds and processing overages caused from picking errors.

Managed the Open debt reports daily and brought the huge deficit to under $ 100,000 from 1.5 M.

Again co-workers great to work with, at times a challenge when things didn't go their way.
Pros
Free Ice cream supplied in the luch room, management very supportive
Cons
Keeping the ice cream at -40 degress on hot summer days
Very knowledgeable company
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2015
They help employees with their careers and understand that not all careers are built the same. They have strong training programs, reimburse tuition for education outside of work, have active, well-thought out platforms. It's a very nice place to work.
Pros
Nice poeple
Barista / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 December 2015
Management was terrible, never paid on time and could never take time off since there was not enough people to cover shifts.
Always a new challenge, which I enjoyed
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Okanagan BC25 October 2013
I was a Sales Rep for Nestle Foods. I worked in the Food Division as well as Confectionery and the Ice Cream Division.
I won first place for Western Canada in a promo blitz and won many other prizes for best sales. Lots of work but fun!
My supervisor for the Okanagan was the best one I have ever had. Smart knowledgeable and kept us all motivated even when we were tired from traveling and long days.
Pros
free samples
Cons
long hours, but fun!
Qa
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 January 2016
Good company but now not expanding there business so that cause job loss.

Busy avery time
Lots of learning
Strong food safety
Productive and fun to talk to people that walked across.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 November 2013
All day, I would stand behind the ice cream truck and get customers to come by and check out the ice creams. If any person had any questions regarding the price of the ice cream or about the events that were happening around the area.

I learned about customer service when replying customer's questions, and applying simple mathematics to give the customers the right amount of change.

Management came a few times throughout the day to check on the quantity of ice creams that were left, and asked me how the sales were going.

The hardest part of the day during work was standing and not moving around a lot, because the job didn't require that much movement in the area. My legs would get sore from just standing and it got pretty boring after a few hours passed by.

The enjoyable part of the job was talking to the customers as they passed by. Whenever I was free and there weren't a lot of people, I would talk to a customer how their day was and other topics. It was a nice way to communicate with people and it passed the time faster than just being behind the ice cream truck.
Staff were great to work with. Always changing and improving systems to benefit the business.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton24 March 2015
My job at Nestle was always a challenge and keeping us on our toes. Never a dull moment at Nestle. Staff was a pleasure to work with and always there to help if need be. Management was very caring and interested in improving the work environment.
I am very thankful for the opportunity to be apart of such a great company.
No Stress - Fun Work
Retail Field Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 January 2013
This has been a wonderful learning experience. Merchandising is fun as it still allows me to hone my business development skills and customer service skills. Management for the most part does not micro-manage, which is a plus in this position. Co-workers are fabulous. There is no difficult part about this position. The most enjoyable part is the independence, the responsibility and meeting new people.
Pros
each day is different in terms of customer relations
Cons
not enough work to make me happy
Great Part-time Job for the Summer
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2015
Witness the wonderful events and good weather at harbourfront centre, while making money. Meet many friendly people in the downtown area who are having a good time and want to purchase some delicious nestle ice cream.
Pros
great view and weather
Cons
some late breaks
No real difference than any other company, little opportunity for advancement.
Major Channel Retail Development Representative (Former Employee) –  alberta Canada21 July 2014
Reduced middle management roles and continued hiring of very skilled ambitious people with no advancement opportunities lead to increased turnover.
Excellent Company to work for
Trade Marketing Manager Dry Goods (Former Employee) –  Egypt7 May 2015
Excellent place to learn and enjoy your work. Nestle is a very good employer with a very honorable mission to improve people's lives through providing goo food.
Pros
Training and advancement, employee belonging, good environment
Cons
salaries were a bit below market
You are the best programer
System Analyst/Project Leader (Former Employee) –  North York, ON19 March 2014
There was a Finance Director always told everyone that I was the best programer. During that period, I customized Ms Excel spreadsheets to link with mainframe database. I hid most of menus and displayed only what needed. I trained Inventory Planners how to use these spreadsheets. One day, he stopped me at lunch in the cafeteria and shouted that my spreadsheet driving him crazy, all the menus are gone. Being humiliated suddenly, I was numb. Later, I found out that he asked an Inventory Planner for a copy. After viewing it, instead of exiting Ms Excel and reopening other spreadsheets, he tried to open from the customized workbook and it blocked him...
Pros
Employees can buy Nestle product with discount price
Cons
Paid Parking
Standard work place
SAP FICO Consultant (Current Employee) –  CA29 January 2013
• Implemented 2 full life cycles of FICO projects in General Ledger (GL), New- GL, Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Asset Accounting (AA) CCA, Internal Orders, COPA, EC-PCA, and integration experience with MM, SD, PP.
• Expertise in applying Project Planning and Design including Vision, Blue Print, Configuration, Data Migration, Unit testing, Integration testing, End User Training, Cut-Over, Deliver, Go-Live and Post Go-Live.
• Efficient in analyzing the Business Requirements, needs and Objectives and Mapping them as per SAP processes, solutions and products that are being implemented
• Extensive experience of Financial Accounting (FI) Customization, Configuration and Testing in Classic General Ledger Accounting FI-G/L and New G/L, Accounts Payable FI-A/P, Accounts Receivable FI-A/R, FI- SPL (Special Purpose Ledger), Fixed Asset and Asset Accounting FI-AA in highly Complex Business Environment.
Great Company.
Retail Sales Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 November 2014
At Nestle every day was like a new job ... you never knew what to expect. Over the years I have learned and became a more experienced Sales professional due to all the training and guidance I have recieved. My co-workers have become like family over the years and the hardest part was saying goodbye when the National Restructure occured and my position was terminated. The most enjoyable part of my functions was seeing challenges every day and over coming them and also setting objectives and attaining them through hard work and execution.
Pros
Company Car, bonuses, etc.
Cons
Lack of communication at times.
Good benefits and healthy culture
Information Technology (Former Employee) –  North York, ON27 May 2015
I enjoyed the culture, people were friendly and I learned lots from my co-workers. My management has always been great,
Pros
nestle product discounts at employee stores
I spend 18 years in Nestle
Globe Manager (Current Employee) –  Cairo4 November 2012
Nestle was a great teacher for me. I learned
the knowledge of SAP in function and business
The knowledge of most the business from finance, WM, customer service and production
The softskills like mangement and leadership
effective listening
Motivate the employees to achieve our objective
Nestle continous excellence and seven Sigma

The most enjoyable part is the new initiative and the project to support the expension of the business

A typical day
Follow the status of the project with project managers
Checking the KPI of SLA
Checking the issues that we have
Meeting with stakeholders
Pros
learned a lot and i like working in this company

4.2