Nestlé Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive days
Barista (Current Employee) –  Bramalea, ONJanuary 29, 2015
Enjoyed working with the staff, pleasant environment. Most days worked independently so learned to be self-sufficient
Pros
pleasant staff
Cons
limited breaks
excellent company
MPS Planner (Former Employee) –  torontoJanuary 6, 2015
great experience and developed skills that I continue to utilize daily
Pros
work enviroment
Cons
Alright for a stepping stone
Palletizing (Former Employee) –  London, ONDecember 16, 2014
Nestle is one of those jobs that is great for an inbetween job. They will only hire you as a seasonal working and maybe after 6 years they'll consider hiring you on full time, maybe. The people are wonderful to work with there. The hardest part of the job is looking for something to do between package drops or keeping your eyes open. Not a stressful job in the least. It's a job that you show up put in your 8 and a half hours(unpaid lunch) and go home forgetting what you did that day. The management is okay, but don't step out of line in the least or else they will send you a letter saying that you are not welcome back next season. On the plus side that is during when they lay you off.
Pros
free and cheep ice cream
Cons
job security is out the window
Great Company.
Retail Sales Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 30, 2014
At Nestle every day was like a new job ... you never knew what to expect. Over the years I have learned and became a more experienced Sales professional due to all the training and guidance I have recieved. My co-workers have become like family over the years and the hardest part was saying goodbye when the National Restructure occured and my position was terminated. The most enjoyable part of my functions was seeing challenges every day and over coming them and also setting objectives and attaining them through hard work and execution.
Pros
company car, bonuses, etc.
Cons
lack of communication at times.
Productive and fun at workplace
Packer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 28, 2014
I worked from Monday to Friday in a regular time. I learned a lot in this company, It's a challenging day to day job. We're doing a different kinds of display, do production with my lead hand I enjoyed working with them. The management are doing good. my co-workers we're helping each other just to finished the production.
not for me
General Production (Former Employee) –  London, ONOctober 23, 2014
ok..made 3 friends..it was not fore me. job was easy just packing ice cream
Pros
company store
Cons
not steady
Customer Business Development Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 20, 2014
Excellent culture, value brand and employees, great place to work, excellent reputation
Good people
Security Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioOctober 5, 2014
Good people. Little room for advancement Over all good place to work. Great experience.
Pros
discount on nestle products
Cons
little room for growth
Too long ago
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  CalgaryOctober 3, 2014
It wouldn't be fair for me to rate this company as there has been a lot of changes since I left. They have strong brands, mostly through acquisition.They provided me with the opportunities that helped me land my current position, and as I look back on the experience, I learned a lot, but I've been much happier since I left their employ.
Pros
lunch allowances
Cons
large company with a significant hiarchy
Excellent Company
Retail Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 28, 2014
Benefits are incredible. Great work/life balance. Job security is questionable.
Worst Place I`ve Ever Worked For
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Nestle Waters GuelphSeptember 22, 2014
Ok I`m going to be completely honest with you here. Nestle waters does not value it`s employees. If you`re not part of the favorites group then you will be targeted for termination. I`ve never seen such a high turnover rate in all my years of working. The job itself is boring and far too easy. If you`re lazy then you`ll love it there but you need to get in well with the managers and become part of their clique. If not then they will harass you to no end, they will write you up for things that you never did and fabricate stories so they can build a false history record on you. If you argue with them then they will send you to mandatory counseling for anger management. They are very shady and sneaky and will boot you out the door as soon as they have enough incidents on your record. HR will do nothing for you since they are on the same side as management. I`ve seen them do this to over 15 people in a span of 2 years. If you`re a student and only interested in working there on a seasonal basis then you`ll be fine. Don`t work here looking for full time though. They desperately need a union to protect their workers. On day shift they have about 40 managers who have nothing to do so they walk the floor and harass the operators.
Pros
cheap water
Cons
harassment, too many managers, no employee appreciation ect..
i,m glad to be part of this company
Packaging Operator (Current Employee) –  04ASeptember 4, 2014
i give my knowledge to this company to developments and new approaches, and discover the latest trends and technologies.
roving merchandiser
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  philippinesAugust 29, 2014
three times a day every outlet every day re filler and monitoring of stocks
Pros
free transportation only
No real difference than any other company, little opportunity for advancement.
Major Channel Retail Development Representative (Former Employee) –  alberta CanadaJuly 21, 2014
Reduced middle management roles and continued hiring of very skilled ambitious people with no advancement opportunities lead to increased turnover.
High performance culture, people come first
Media Relationship Champion (Current Employee) –  North York, ONJune 13, 2014
Been with Nestle for 4 years, great work environment, but unfortunately it's so difficult to get a permanent job within my area of expertise
Lazy Mans Dream Job
Palettizer (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 3, 2014
Another family and friends company. Most who work there are, and if you get hired on at the paltry 11 bucks an hour as a part timer with no connections, start looking for another job because they have a revolving door for you. The company is unionized and they give all the part timers the harder jobs, which really aren't that hard, while the full timers there site around and do very little. I actually saw one lady laying down on the job while she was supposed to be watching the Hardners. She would lay down on these huge sheets of cardboard then pull a couple of them over herself to take a little nap. Management seems to do very little to discipline these lazy unionized workers. They treat the part timers like low life scum as though we just got off welfare. Don't expect advancement with this favoritism company as you will have a hard time getting into the buddy buddy group unless you are a great butt sucker.
Pros
free ice cream and cheap to buy at company store, clean.
Cons
lousy wages, stuck up union, family and friends only need apply.
Long hours and don't get hurt
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, OntarioMay 29, 2014
I worked as an agency employee at the Guelph location.
As soon as I had an injury they let me go and tried to disavow the injury.
It ended up being not serious but I was in for a long drawn out process if it had of been.
Pros
not many
Cons
hours, breakneck pace, no break coverage
night job
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 8, 2014
worth every min of it learned lot of hands on work exp
the cleaning part was eazy its was the long night shift that did in the long run other then that it was one of the best job I had so far would work there over any other job ,
Pros
hands on work
Cons
You are the best programer
System Analyst/Project Leader (Former Employee) –  North York, ONMarch 19, 2014
There was a Finance Director always told everyone that I was the best programer. During that period, I customized Ms Excel spreadsheets to link with mainframe database. I hid most of menus and displayed only what needed. I trained Inventory Planners how to use these spreadsheets. One day, he stopped me at lunch in the cafeteria and shouted that my spreadsheet driving him crazy, all the menus are gone. Being humiliated suddenly, I was numb. Later, I found out that he asked an Inventory Planner for a copy. After viewing it, instead of exiting Ms Excel and reopening other spreadsheets, he tried to open from the customized workbook and it blocked him...
Pros
employees can buy nestle product with discount price
Cons
paid parking
Senior Preparation Operator (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ONMarch 10, 2014
Operate Cook centres and be safe
how to use steam kettles and work to nestles high standerds
Let you work and trusted you
Great people to work with
Not knowing what time you will start or finish consitently
Working in such a fast pace industry

4.2