Nestlé Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
not fair
Inside Sales / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), BramptonFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: tasting new products
Cons: no compassion
No compassion at all for mothers. I went from full time to part time.
Then got laid off. Nestle favours employees and it clearly showed.
Fun Workplace
Engineering Student Employee (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 24, 2015
Had fun and made a substantial wage. Work was physical and also fun, fast pace environment and overall just a professional and fun place to work.
Good work environment
Human Resources/Corporate Admin Specialist (Former Employee), North YorkFebruary 1, 2015
Fun place to work.
Good work environment, flexable hours
Challenging work, room for advancement
Fast paced.
Please see resume for details.
You are the best programer
System Analyst/Project Leader (Former Employee), North York, ONMarch 19, 2014
Pros: employees can buy nestle product with discount price
Cons: paid parking
There was a Finance Director always told everyone that I was the best programer. During that period, I customized Ms Excel spreadsheets to link with mainframe database. I hid most of menus and displayed only what needed. I trained Inventory Planners how to use these spreadsheets. One day, he stopped me at lunch in the cafeteria and shouted that my spreadsheet driving him crazy, all the menus are gone. Being humiliated suddenly, I was numb. Later, I found out that he asked an Inventory Planner for a copy. After viewing it, instead of exiting Ms Excel and reopening other spreadsheets, he tried to open from the customized workbook and it blocked him...
Always a new challenge, which I enjoyed
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Okanagan BCOctober 25, 2013
Pros: free samples
Cons: long hours, but fun!
I was a Sales Rep for Nestle Foods. I worked in the Food Division as well as Confectionery and the Ice Cream Division.
I won first place for Western Canada in a promo blitz and won many other prizes for best sales. Lots of work but fun!
My supervisor for the Okanagan was the best one I have ever had. Smart knowledgeable and kept us all motivated even when we were tired from traveling and long days.
A well run company with excellent leadership and values
Channel Category Sales Director (Former Employee), North York, ONJune 28, 2013
Pros: highly collaborative culture
Cons: minimal opportunities for advancement in canada
Nestle is a well run organization with excellent leadership and strong people who are highly collaborative. Nestle does a great job of providing opportunities for cross functional moves within the business. Nestle's promotes from within and seeks to develop it's people through providing opportunities for growth both in country and internationally.
Quality Management
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 1, 2013
A typical day involved management of direct employees plus guidance and technical support to the rest of the factory on quality and food safety related queries or concerns. Was a joy to learn further about CAPA and lean manufacturing to further support my career path. As well, being able to apply imitative and creativity to annual performance objectives for both quality and the factory; I enjoyed making a difference for the company's bottom line.
No Stress - Fun Work
Retail Field Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: each day is different in terms of customer relations
Cons: not enough work to make me happy
This has been a wonderful learning experience. Merchandising is fun as it still allows me to hone my business development skills and customer service skills. Management for the most part does not micro-manage, which is a plus in this position. Co-workers are fabulous. There is no difficult part about this position. The most enjoyable part is the independence, the responsibility and meeting new people.
I spend 18 years in Nestle
Globe Manager (Current Employee), CairoNovember 4, 2012
Pros: learned a lot and i like working in this company
Nestle was a great teacher for me. I learned
the knowledge of SAP in function and business
The knowledge of most the business from finance, WM, customer service and production
The softskills like mangement and leadership
effective listening
Motivate the employees to achieve our objective
Nestle continous excellence and seven Sigma

The most enjoyable part is the new initiative and the project to support the expension of the business

A typical day
Follow the status of the project with project managers
Checking the KPI of SLA
Checking the issues that we have
Meeting with stakeholders
this is my over all review, as of when i started my career,
Process operator, machine operator (Current Employee), terlet gassing/ wrapping machine.October 27, 2012
Pros: free of accommodation / 3 meals per day, aminities was fair
Cons: 6 days working/ 8 hours per day
working with others as 1 team, & conformance to compliance,
company's motivation while working you are learning, intolerable system. they does not obey company's code of bussness conduct, favoritism. disobeying some policies & guidlines, discriminating any other nationalities, co worker does not so cooperative, initiative was poor, Presure helpless, stress night shift duty, choosing a true friend/ trustworthy tideness of credibility & integrety.
Great company to work for!
Factory Employee (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2012
Pros: great workplace
Cons: you may have to work shifts you might not like but with time you'll find one you do like
A typical day depends on what department you are working on. Great co-workers help to make your day go by much more smoothier. I met some really pleasant people while working there and it just made everything better. If you are working in the factory the work can be repetitive so make sure to always stretch and excercize your muscles. The hardest part of the job was working all shifts. The most enjoyable part was meeting so many new people, & gaining experience.
Productive days
Barista (Current Employee), Bramalea, ONJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: pleasant staff
Cons: limited breaks
Enjoyed working with the staff, pleasant environment. Most days worked independently so learned to be self-sufficient
It was very beneficial especially SEASON READY
Encore Marketing (Former Employee), Oakville, ONAugust 20, 2012
Pros: meeting exciting people
Cons: there were no cons for me. i thoroughly enjoyed my job.
A typical day was very rewarding and beneficial. I learned a lot about ice cream. Co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was cleaning freezers. The most enjoyable was meeting and talking with all kinds of people.
Distribution Supervisor
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee), Goreway Drive, MississaugaJuly 31, 2013
Pros: free ice cream supplied in the luch room, management very supportive
Cons: keeping the ice cream at -40 degress on hot summer days
A typical day began at 5:00 am, checking fuel gages in the trucks and trailers, as well as the temperature of the refers. Then went inside to meet the day crew arriving for their pick-up and supplied routing and tickets for each call.
Went through new orders ongoing and allocated them through SAP to our routing system.

Printed next day tickets and prepared mail bags for all out of town drivers and routes. Contact for all drivers, daily handling affairs, calling store owners, preparing refunds and processing overages caused from picking errors.

Managed the Open debt reports daily and brought the huge deficit to under $ 100,000 from 1.5 M.

Again co-workers great to work with, at times a challenge when things didn't go their way.
No real difference than any other company, little opportunity for advancement.
Major Channel Retail Development Representative (Former Employee), alberta CanadaJuly 21, 2014
Reduced middle management roles and continued hiring of very skilled ambitious people with no advancement opportunities lead to increased turnover.
Long hours and don't get hurt
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Guelph, OntarioMay 29, 2014
Pros: not many
Cons: hours, breakneck pace, no break coverage
I worked as an agency employee at the Guelph location.
As soon as I had an injury they let me go and tried to disavow the injury.
It ended up being not serious but I was in for a long drawn out process if it had of been.
Standard work place
SAP FICO Consultant (Current Employee), CAJanuary 29, 2013
• Implemented 2 full life cycles of FICO projects in General Ledger (GL), New- GL, Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Asset Accounting (AA) CCA, Internal Orders, COPA, EC-PCA, and integration experience with MM, SD, PP.
• Expertise in applying Project Planning and Design including Vision, Blue Print, Configuration, Data Migration, Unit testing, Integration testing, End User Training, Cut-Over, Deliver, Go-Live and Post Go-Live.
• Efficient in analyzing the Business Requirements, needs and Objectives and Mapping them as per SAP processes, solutions and products that are being implemented
• Extensive experience of Financial Accounting (FI) Customization, Configuration and Testing in Classic General Ledger Accounting FI-G/L and New G/L, Accounts Payable FI-A/P, Accounts Receivable FI-A/R, FI- SPL (Special Purpose Ledger), Fixed Asset and Asset Accounting FI-AA in highly Complex Business Environment.
Productive. Learned to work in a team oriented environment.
Line Associate (Former Employee), Trenton, ONAugust 19, 2013
Worked as a Line associate in a fast paced team oriented food environment. Processed many different types of foods and dry goods for Nestles. Work in various positions over a six month period.
Left my position due to a back injury, which I have recovered from.
okay
WAREHOUSE CLERK (Former Employee), dorvalFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: co workers and educational experiences
Cons: midnight shift.only a small contract
I was only there on a contract. I enjoyed the people I worked with it allowed me to be trained in union agreements as well as night shift. I was the liaison between the warehouse personnel and the management team
overall was a good place to work
Western Region Coordinator - Ice Cream Division (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 9, 2012
Pros: family orientated
Cons: salary could have been higher
- alot of variety
- i learned that you can have a boss that values and appreciates you
- very little training
- management toward the end was very good
- had fun with alot of the coworkers
Links