Nestlé Employee Reviews

Distribution Supervisor
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Goreway Drive, Mississauga31 July 2013
A typical day began at 5:00 am, checking fuel gages in the trucks and trailers, as well as the temperature of the refers. Then went inside to meet the day crew arriving for their pick-up and supplied routing and tickets for each call.
Went through new orders ongoing and allocated them through SAP to our routing system.

Printed next day tickets and prepared mail bags for all out of town drivers and routes. Contact for all drivers, daily handling affairs, calling store owners, preparing refunds and processing overages caused from picking errors.

Managed the Open debt reports daily and brought the huge deficit to under $ 100,000 from 1.5 M.

Again co-workers great to work with, at times a challenge when things didn't go their way.
Pros
Free Ice cream supplied in the luch room, management very supportive
Cons
Keeping the ice cream at -40 degress on hot summer days
overall was a good place to work
Western Region Coordinator - Ice Cream Division (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2012
- alot of variety
- i learned that you can have a boss that values and appreciates you
- very little training
- management toward the end was very good
- had fun with alot of the coworkers
Pros
family orientated
Cons
salary could have been higher
No real difference than any other company, little opportunity for advancement.
Major Channel Retail Development Representative (Former Employee) –  alberta Canada21 July 2014
Reduced middle management roles and continued hiring of very skilled ambitious people with no advancement opportunities lead to increased turnover.
Qa
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 January 2016
Good company but now not expanding there business so that cause job loss.

Busy avery time
Lots of learning
Strong food safety
Staff were great to work with. Always changing and improving systems to benefit the business.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton24 March 2015
My job at Nestle was always a challenge and keeping us on our toes. Never a dull moment at Nestle. Staff was a pleasure to work with and always there to help if need be. Management was very caring and interested in improving the work environment.
I am very thankful for the opportunity to be apart of such a great company.
GOOD PLACE TO START THE JOB LIFE
NOT TOO MAY HOURS OPERATIONS
NOT TO MANY ADVERTISING ABOUT THE PLACE
Excellent Company to work for
Trade Marketing Manager Dry Goods (Former Employee) –  Egypt7 May 2015
Excellent place to learn and enjoy your work. Nestle is a very good employer with a very honorable mission to improve people's lives through providing goo food.
Pros
Training and advancement, employee belonging, good environment
Cons
salaries were a bit below market
Productive and fun to talk to people that walked across.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 November 2013
All day, I would stand behind the ice cream truck and get customers to come by and check out the ice creams. If any person had any questions regarding the price of the ice cream or about the events that were happening around the area.

I learned about customer service when replying customer's questions, and applying simple mathematics to give the customers the right amount of change.

Management came a few times throughout the day to check on the quantity of ice creams that were left, and asked me how the sales were going.

The hardest part of the day during work was standing and not moving around a lot, because the job didn't require that much movement in the area. My legs would get sore from just standing and it got pretty boring after a few hours passed by.

The enjoyable part of the job was talking to the customers as they passed by. Whenever I was free and there weren't a lot of people, I would talk to a customer how their day was and other topics. It was a nice way to communicate with people and it passed the time faster than just being behind the ice cream truck.
fun
Production crew (Former Employee) –  nestle philippines27 August 2013
Its a project base job.They only hire for 6month project.
No security ,no benefits.
Pros
get discounts from nestle products
Cons
work long hours in a day since its only a contractual base
Great Part-time Job for the Summer
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2015
Witness the wonderful events and good weather at harbourfront centre, while making money. Meet many friendly people in the downtown area who are having a good time and want to purchase some delicious nestle ice cream.
Pros
great view and weather
Cons
some late breaks
No Stress - Fun Work
Retail Field Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 January 2013
This has been a wonderful learning experience. Merchandising is fun as it still allows me to hone my business development skills and customer service skills. Management for the most part does not micro-manage, which is a plus in this position. Co-workers are fabulous. There is no difficult part about this position. The most enjoyable part is the independence, the responsibility and meeting new people.
Pros
each day is different in terms of customer relations
Cons
not enough work to make me happy
Productive Work place
Financial Analyst- Trade Spending (Current Employee) –  North York, ON8 November 2015
a Dynamic and productive company where can an employee learn and grow. Most Managers are supportive and professional.
Always a new challenge, which I enjoyed
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Okanagan BC25 October 2013
I was a Sales Rep for Nestle Foods. I worked in the Food Division as well as Confectionery and the Ice Cream Division.
I won first place for Western Canada in a promo blitz and won many other prizes for best sales. Lots of work but fun!
My supervisor for the Okanagan was the best one I have ever had. Smart knowledgeable and kept us all motivated even when we were tired from traveling and long days.
Pros
free samples
Cons
long hours, but fun!
Good Environment to work
Cookie General/Packer (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 September 2015
Great place to work and grow my job skills. The people are great to work with and learn from everyday. The most enjoyable part is looking forward in growing with the company in the future.
Pros
Great environment to work
Cons
seasonal job not enough hours
Productive and fun at workplace
Packer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 November 2014
I worked from Monday to Friday in a regular time. I learned a lot in this company, It's a challenging day to day job. We're doing a different kinds of display, do production with my lead hand I enjoyed working with them. The management are doing good. my co-workers we're helping each other just to finished the production.
Worst Place I`ve Ever Worked For
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Nestle Waters Guelph22 September 2014
Ok I`m going to be completely honest with you here. Nestle waters does not value it`s employees. If you`re not part of the favorites group then you will be targeted for termination. I`ve never seen such a high turnover rate in all my years of working. The job itself is boring and far too easy. If you`re lazy then you`ll love it there but you need to get in well with the managers and become part of their clique. If not then they will harass you to no end, they will write you up for things that you never did and fabricate stories so they can build a false history record on you. If you argue with them then they will send you to mandatory counseling for anger management. They are very shady and sneaky and will boot you out the door as soon as they have enough incidents on your record. HR will do nothing for you since they are on the same side as management. I`ve seen them do this to over 15 people in a span of 2 years. If you`re a student and only interested in working there on a seasonal basis then you`ll be fine. Don`t work here looking for full time though. They desperately need a union to protect their workers. On day shift they have about 40 managers who have nothing to do so they walk the floor and harass the operators.
Pros
Cheap water
Cons
Harassment, Too Many Managers, No employee appreciation ect..
Fun fast-paced environment to work
Packer (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 August 2015
- package ice cream straight off the production line
- co-workers were very friendly and treated every person equal
- hardest part of the job was keeping up with the production line
- the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with different people every day
Amazing place to work!
cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 September 2015
A very well-relaxed place to work in
Dealt with friendly coworkers
Loved baking and making crepes
Learned alot of things the menu is very extensive from making crepes to smoothies and etc.
Pros
free beverages and 50 % off on everything
okay
WAREHOUSE CLERK (Former Employee) –  dorval6 February 2013
I was only there on a contract. I enjoyed the people I worked with it allowed me to be trained in union agreements as well as night shift. I was the liaison between the warehouse personnel and the management team
Pros
co workers and educational experiences
Cons
midnight shift.only a small contract
You are the best programer
System Analyst/Project Leader (Former Employee) –  North York, ON19 March 2014
There was a Finance Director always told everyone that I was the best programer. During that period, I customized Ms Excel spreadsheets to link with mainframe database. I hid most of menus and displayed only what needed. I trained Inventory Planners how to use these spreadsheets. One day, he stopped me at lunch in the cafeteria and shouted that my spreadsheet driving him crazy, all the menus are gone. Being humiliated suddenly, I was numb. Later, I found out that he asked an Inventory Planner for a copy. After viewing it, instead of exiting Ms Excel and reopening other spreadsheets, he tried to open from the customized workbook and it blocked him...
Pros
Employees can buy Nestle product with discount price
Cons
Paid Parking

4.2