Nestlé Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Customer Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 March 2016
The culture of the company is great. Everyone is supportive and willing to help. The industry is in very competitive and fast paced market which creates unique challenges along with opportunities for personal and professional growth. I have learned many valuable skills such as time management, communication skills, worked on different systems such as Trade Insights, SAP, Retail Link and others.
Pros
Great Culture
Professional yet comfortable environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 August 2016
Great co-workers, unity between departments, and forward thinking. Days were always busy and full of new learning opportunities.
Great balance between work and family life.
Adjointe Administrative (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC4 February 2015
Great advancement opportunities. Very good work environment, friendly co-workers with positive attitude. Very well based structure company and hard working but pleasant as well.
Pros
Benefits from discount products.
Cons
None at all.
overall was a good place to work
Western Region Coordinator - Ice Cream Division (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2012
- alot of variety
- i learned that you can have a boss that values and appreciates you
- very little training
- management toward the end was very good
- had fun with alot of the coworkers
Pros
family orientated
Cons
salary could have been higher
Supervisor Trade Assets (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 March 2016
I enjoyed working with my coworkers and Superiors. Nestle Canada strives on Safety, giving their employees great benefit packages and strives for excellence. At times, this was hard to attain but we all pulled together to get the tasks completed. Nestle honours the work-life balance.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Long hours when needed
Not much of work/life balance. High demand environment
Manager, Product and Inventory Costing (Former Employee) –  North York, ON1 October 2015
It is a good company to work for. Depend on your immediate team one may have a great time at work or not!
Executive team did not have a clear vision, at least while I was there.
Great test kitchen and company store.
IT team was not very responsive of the required changes in other business units for more efficiency and productivity initiatives.
Pros
Executive team had a good handle of all employees commitments and performance
Cons
Lack of work/life balance
Excellent Company
Retail Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2014
Benefits are incredible. Great work/life balance. Job security is questionable.
fun
Production crew (Former Employee) –  nestle philippines27 August 2013
Its a project base job.They only hire for 6month project.
No security ,no benefits.
Pros
get discounts from nestle products
Cons
work long hours in a day since its only a contractual base
overwork , poor management,
BILINGUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  brampton2 May 2012
Poor management, over work, poor salary,no job security, great location
Pros
good products
Cons
poor management
My first Job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Special Events19 April 2016
Nestle was my first job, and standing in the sun for ten hours wasn't what I preferred. I like moving around and not standing in one place, but since it was my first job I couldn't really complain. I was alone for the most part, because I would be standing alone and just be promoting the ice cream products to customers. It was a seasonal job.
Pros
Free Ice Cream
Cons
Hard to stand in one place

Want to know more about Nestlé?

Ask a question
good coworkers, management are useless
operator (Current Employee) –  guelph5 May 2015
awesome peope to work with, friendly and helpfulbut the management or resources are useless, the only one that was decent just quit after a long long time to go elsewhere. Favouritism is everywhere, no job advancement if your not a favourite. You dont have any chance of getting hired from temp contracts. I had 8 people in my orientation who had been there fir a 3rd time...

Way to much paoerwork that they force you to care about, care cards fsbo cards etc. No one cares but you get complained at but they dont act on any suggestions... Pointless.

The line 7/8 resource is useless.. No idea how she got that job but watch out for that persons back stabbing
Pros
cheap nestle products
Cons
management are useless
One of best place to work
Tax Analyst (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON16 May 2016
Nestle Canada Inc has a friendly environment with supportive co-workers "friend helps friend" is their slogan.
I got a good experience in one of the biggest retail industry in Canada.
Alright for a stepping stone
Palletizing (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 December 2014
Nestle is one of those jobs that is great for an inbetween job. They will only hire you as a seasonal working and maybe after 6 years they'll consider hiring you on full time, maybe. The people are wonderful to work with there. The hardest part of the job is looking for something to do between package drops or keeping your eyes open. Not a stressful job in the least. It's a job that you show up put in your 8 and a half hours(unpaid lunch) and go home forgetting what you did that day. The management is okay, but don't step out of line in the least or else they will send you a letter saying that you are not welcome back next season. On the plus side that is during when they lay you off.
Pros
Free and Cheep Ice Cream
Cons
Job Security is out the window
Fun enjoyable environment created by each employee
Dispatch - Operator (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 January 2016
With dispatch work it was important to be on time in order to open the phone lines on time. Breaks where well scheduled and each dispatcher was recognised by management. It was a fast pace environment with all the tools needed to accomplish our service goals.
Pros
Respectful environment with service driven
Cons
Fast pace environment which can cause some stress
Lazy Mans Dream Job
Palettizer (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 June 2014
Another family and friends company. Most who work there are, and if you get hired on at the paltry 11 bucks an hour as a part timer with no connections, start looking for another job because they have a revolving door for you. The company is unionized and they give all the part timers the harder jobs, which really aren't that hard, while the full timers there site around and do very little. I actually saw one lady laying down on the job while she was supposed to be watching the Hardners. She would lay down on these huge sheets of cardboard then pull a couple of them over herself to take a little nap. Management seems to do very little to discipline these lazy unionized workers. They treat the part timers like low life scum as though we just got off welfare. Don't expect advancement with this favoritism company as you will have a hard time getting into the buddy buddy group unless you are a great butt sucker.
Pros
Free ice cream and cheap to buy at company store, Clean.
Cons
Lousy wages, Stuck up Union, Family and Friends only need apply.
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Operations) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 November 2015
Through my past 5 years of Quality Assurance experience with industry leading companies (Nestlé & Maple Lodge Farms Inc.) I have gained a fest amount of experience of quality operating systems, TPM (Total Performance Management), Food Safety / Bioterrorism, Microbiological Testing, Leadership development (Nestle Grow Model), C.T.P (Nestle Certified Trainer Program). I manage all document requirements; conduct internal audits and other updates to the systems.
Upbeat environment
Baker (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC2 December 2015
I enjoyed learning the ins and outs of a bakery. There were many opportunities to learn new baking and decorating skills, in particular, cookie cake decorating skills.
A typical day included baking cookies, decorating 1-5 cakes, preparing a variety of desserts, and maintaining store cleanliness.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hours without breaks
fun fast pace environment
(Fruit Feeder/Packer (seasonal) ) (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 March 2016
my job entailed:
- adding ingredients by way of hopper to ice cream
- worked as a team to make sure product was up to standard
- learned how to supervise other workers
- enjoyed the camaraderie that was formed
Pros
fun environment
Cons
seasonal
productive workplace
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2016
We believe all foods and beverages can be part of a healthy lifestyle, and we provide portion and calorie-controlled options across many of our most popular brands. We’re also actively working to reduce sodium, sugar and fats in our products, while making sure they taste as good as, or even better than, the original.
Quality Management
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 May 2013
A typical day involved management of direct employees plus guidance and technical support to the rest of the factory on quality and food safety related queries or concerns. Was a joy to learn further about CAPA and lean manufacturing to further support my career path. As well, being able to apply imitative and creativity to annual performance objectives for both quality and the factory; I enjoyed making a difference for the company's bottom line.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nestlé. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2