Nestlé Employee Reviews in Canada

Qa
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 8, 2016
Good company but now not expanding there business so that cause job loss.

Busy avery time
Lots of learning
Strong food safety
Good benefits and healthy culture
Information Technology (Former Employee) –  North York, ONMay 27, 2015
I enjoyed the culture, people were friendly and I learned lots from my co-workers. My management has always been great,
Pros
nestle product discounts at employee stores
Great Part-time Job for the Summer
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 2, 2015
Witness the wonderful events and good weather at harbourfront centre, while making money. Meet many friendly people in the downtown area who are having a good time and want to purchase some delicious nestle ice cream.
Pros
great view and weather
Cons
some late breaks
GOOD PLACE TO START THE JOB LIFE
Barista (Former Employee) –  SPADINAAugust 12, 2015
REALLY NICE PLACE
GOOD SERVICE AND FRESH PRODUCTS
NICE COWORKERS AND A GOOD MANAGEMENT
NOT TOO MAY HOURS OPERATIONS
NOT TO MANY ADVERTISING ABOUT THE PLACE
Productive Work place
Financial Analyst- Trade Spending (Current Employee) –  North York, ONNovember 8, 2015
a Dynamic and productive company where can an employee learn and grow. Most Managers are supportive and professional.
Nice people to work with locally but managed from aternative location.
Shipper/ Receiver / Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMarch 18, 2015
My day started with a review of items still open from previous day, Next I would prepare for the present day. I attended daily production meetings with the other members of the team I was working with. We would review the requirements of the production and shipping schedule. The people I worked with are very nice and are fun to work with.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the demand for older model equipment and parts. Some orders required hours of searching other offsite inventories to find what was needed.
The best part of my job was seeing everything completed for my day at the end of my day. Something's required more then one day to complete and they carried over, but at the end of my day things were as they should be.
Local management was good, but all senior management was located in America, and interaction was low.
Pros
training trips to florida
Cons
distant management
Lazy Mans Dream Job
Palettizer (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 3, 2014
Another family and friends company. Most who work there are, and if you get hired on at the paltry 11 bucks an hour as a part timer with no connections, start looking for another job because they have a revolving door for you. The company is unionized and they give all the part timers the harder jobs, which really aren't that hard, while the full timers there site around and do very little. I actually saw one lady laying down on the job while she was supposed to be watching the Hardners. She would lay down on these huge sheets of cardboard then pull a couple of them over herself to take a little nap. Management seems to do very little to discipline these lazy unionized workers. They treat the part timers like low life scum as though we just got off welfare. Don't expect advancement with this favoritism company as you will have a hard time getting into the buddy buddy group unless you are a great butt sucker.
Pros
free ice cream and cheap to buy at company store, clean.
Cons
lousy wages, stuck up union, family and friends only need apply.
Great balance between work and family life.
Adjointe Administrative (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QCFebruary 4, 2015
Great advancement opportunities. Very good work environment, friendly co-workers with positive attitude. Very well based structure company and hard working but pleasant as well.
Pros
benefits from discount products.
Cons
none at all.
Good Environment to work
Cookie General/Packer (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 14, 2015
Great place to work and grow my job skills. The people are great to work with and learn from everyday. The most enjoyable part is looking forward in growing with the company in the future.
Pros
Great environment to work
Cons
seasonal job not enough hours
Excellent Company to work for
Trade Marketing Manager Dry Goods (Former Employee) –  EgyptMay 7, 2015
Excellent place to learn and enjoy your work. Nestle is a very good employer with a very honorable mission to improve people's lives through providing goo food.
Pros
Training and advancement, employee belonging, good environment
Cons
salaries were a bit below market
Productive and well protected
REGISTERED NUTRITIONIST-DIETITIAN/FREELANCE RND (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJanuary 18, 2014
In the hospital we usually work for 8 hrs a day.from 8am to 5pm.I ve learned a lot from the hospital most especially when giving diet to the patients that include patient education.During the supervision of the staff, i don't find much difficulty because they follow the rules and regulation.The management of the hospital is good .My workers are respectful and we build a good rapport to each other.However the hardest part of the job is when Holy Ramadan comes , we usually comes for work very early in the morning.by 3 shifting.then of course ,the most enjoyable part of the job, is when we receive our salary.

In Health and Wellness, I usually work for 8 hrs but there a target ,i had to do Nutrition counselling for 80 consult meaning 80 shoppers.Management is okay.then my co workers is okay because we had a unity.The hardest part is when there is no shoppers in the supermarket, we will not be able to meet the target.As usual the enjoyable part is when salary comes.
Pros
free accomodation and free food allowance.
Cons
patients cannot understand english.
Staff were great to work with. Always changing and improving systems to benefit the business.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  BramptonMarch 24, 2015
My job at Nestle was always a challenge and keeping us on our toes. Never a dull moment at Nestle. Staff was a pleasure to work with and always there to help if need be. Management was very caring and interested in improving the work environment.
I am very thankful for the opportunity to be apart of such a great company.
Amazing place to work!
cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 20, 2015
A very well-relaxed place to work in
Dealt with friendly coworkers
Loved baking and making crepes
Learned alot of things the menu is very extensive from making crepes to smoothies and etc.
Pros
free beverages and 50 % off on everything
A well run company with excellent leadership and values
Channel Category Sales Director (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJune 28, 2013
Nestle is a well run organization with excellent leadership and strong people who are highly collaborative. Nestle does a great job of providing opportunities for cross functional moves within the business. Nestle's promotes from within and seeks to develop it's people through providing opportunities for growth both in country and internationally.
Pros
highly collaborative culture
Cons
minimal opportunities for advancement in canada
Fun fast-paced environment to work
Packer (Former Employee) –  London, ONAugust 28, 2015
- package ice cream straight off the production line
- co-workers were very friendly and treated every person equal
- hardest part of the job was keeping up with the production line
- the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with different people every day
Excellent Company
Retail Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 28, 2014
Benefits are incredible. Great work/life balance. Job security is questionable.
Quality Management
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMay 1, 2013
A typical day involved management of direct employees plus guidance and technical support to the rest of the factory on quality and food safety related queries or concerns. Was a joy to learn further about CAPA and lean manufacturing to further support my career path. As well, being able to apply imitative and creativity to annual performance objectives for both quality and the factory; I enjoyed making a difference for the company's bottom line.
Productive and interesting
Utility worker (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONJuly 31, 2015
Fast pace environment and always changing. Every day there is something new and interesting to learn. Lots of family oriented activities for the family put on by the company and employee association, Family days, golf tournaments, BBQ's, Christmas parties both adult and children.
overwork , poor management,
BILINGUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  bramptonMay 2, 2012
Poor management, over work, poor salary,no job security, great location
Pros
good products
Cons
poor management
Nestle is a great company to work for.
Product Development (Former Employee) –  North YorkAugust 18, 2015
Nestle is a great company to work for.

Great location, right at Yonge and Sheppard. Easy to get to by TTC or by car as it is near the 401.

4.2