Nestlé
1,350 reviews

Nestlé Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Staff were great to work with. Always changing and improving systems to benefit the business.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), BramptonMarch 24, 2015
My job at Nestle was always a challenge and keeping us on our toes. Never a dull moment at Nestle. Staff was a pleasure to work with and always there to help if need be. Management was very caring and interested in improving the work environment.
I am very thankful for the opportunity to be apart of such a great company.
Nice people to work with locally but managed from aternative location.
Shipper/ Receiver / Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 18, 2015
Pros: training trips to florida
Cons: distant management
My day started with a review of items still open from previous day, Next I would prepare for the present day. I attended daily production meetings with the other members of the team I was working with. We would review the requirements of the production and shipping schedule. The people I worked with are very nice and are fun to work with.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the demand for older model equipment and parts. Some orders required hours of searching other offsite inventories to find what was needed.
The best part of my job was seeing everything completed for my day at the end of my day. Something's required more then one day to complete and they carried over, but at the end of my day things were as they should be.
Local management was good, but all senior management was located in America, and interaction was low.
Good work environment
Human Resources/Corporate Admin Specialist (Former Employee), North YorkFebruary 1, 2015
Fun place to work.
Good work environment, flexable hours
Challenging work, room for advancement
Fast paced.
Please see resume for details.
Productive days
Barista (Current Employee), Bramalea, ONJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: pleasant staff
Cons: limited breaks
Enjoyed working with the staff, pleasant environment. Most days worked independently so learned to be self-sufficient
Good people
Security Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioOctober 5, 2014
Pros: discount on nestle products
Cons: little room for growth
Good people. Little room for advancement Over all good place to work. Great experience.
Too long ago
Business Development Representative (Former Employee), CalgaryOctober 3, 2014
Pros: lunch allowances
Cons: large company with a significant hiarchy
It wouldn't be fair for me to rate this company as there has been a lot of changes since I left. They have strong brands, mostly through acquisition.They provided me with the opportunities that helped me land my current position, and as I look back on the experience, I learned a lot, but I've been much happier since I left their employ.
Worst Place I`ve Ever Worked For
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Nestle Waters GuelphSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: cheap water
Cons: harassment, too many managers, no employee appreciation ect..
Ok I`m going to be completely honest with you here. Nestle waters does not value it`s employees. If you`re not part of the favorites group then you will be targeted for termination. I`ve never seen such a high turnover rate in all my years of working. The job itself is boring and far too easy. If you`re lazy then you`ll love it there but you need to get in well with the managers and become part of their clique. If not then they will harass you to no end, they will write you up for things that you never did and fabricate stories so they can build a false history record on you. If you argue with them then they will send you to mandatory counseling for anger management. They are very shady and sneaky and will boot you out the door as soon as they have enough incidents on your record. HR will do nothing for you since they are on the same side as management. I`ve seen them do this to over 15 people in a span of 2 years. If you`re a student and only interested in working there on a seasonal basis then you`ll be fine. Don`t work here looking for full time though. They desperately need a union to protect their workers. On day shift they have about 40 managers who have nothing to do so they walk the floor and harass the operators.
Lazy Mans Dream Job
Palettizer (Former Employee), London, ONJune 3, 2014
Pros: free ice cream and cheap to buy at company store, clean.
Cons: lousy wages, stuck up union, family and friends only need apply.
Another family and friends company. Most who work there are, and if you get hired on at the paltry 11 bucks an hour as a part timer with no connections, start looking for another job because they have a revolving door for you. The company is unionized and they give all the part timers the harder jobs, which really aren't that hard, while the full timers there site around and do very little. I actually saw one lady laying down on the job while she was supposed to be watching the Hardners. She would lay down on these huge sheets of cardboard then pull a couple of them over herself to take a little nap. Management seems to do very little to discipline these lazy unionized workers. They treat the part timers like low life scum as though we just got off welfare. Don't expect advancement with this favoritism company as you will have a hard time getting into the buddy buddy group unless you are a great butt sucker.
Long hours and don't get hurt
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Guelph, OntarioMay 29, 2014
Pros: not many
Cons: hours, breakneck pace, no break coverage
I worked as an agency employee at the Guelph location.
As soon as I had an injury they let me go and tried to disavow the injury.
It ended up being not serious but I was in for a long drawn out process if it had of been.
Productive and fun workplace
Collections Clerk/Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 23, 2014
Pros: access to company store and discounted product
A typical day is very productive and goes by quickly.
Periodic interactions with members of management.
Pleasant co-workers who are not afraid to engage.
The hardest part of the job is the occasional increase in workload.
The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job is the interaction with other and working together to achieve a common goal.
night job
Cleaner (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 8, 2014
Pros: hands on work
Cons: ..
worth every min of it learned lot of hands on work exp
the cleaning part was eazy its was the long night shift that did in the long run other then that it was one of the best job I had so far would work there over any other job ,
You are the best programer
System Analyst/Project Leader (Former Employee), North York, ONMarch 19, 2014
Pros: employees can buy nestle product with discount price
Cons: paid parking
There was a Finance Director always told everyone that I was the best programer. During that period, I customized Ms Excel spreadsheets to link with mainframe database. I hid most of menus and displayed only what needed. I trained Inventory Planners how to use these spreadsheets. One day, he stopped me at lunch in the cafeteria and shouted that my spreadsheet driving him crazy, all the menus are gone. Being humiliated suddenly, I was numb. Later, I found out that he asked an Inventory Planner for a copy. After viewing it, instead of exiting Ms Excel and reopening other spreadsheets, he tried to open from the customized workbook and it blocked him...
Senior Preparation Operator (Current Employee), Trenton, ONMarch 10, 2014
Operate Cook centres and be safe
how to use steam kettles and work to nestles high standerds
Let you work and trusted you
Great people to work with
Not knowing what time you will start or finish consitently
Working in such a fast pace industry
Great place to work.
Production Supervisor / Team Leader (Former Employee), Leader, SKFebruary 18, 2014
Jobs phased out due to stream lining of factories. Great experiences working with profesional people.
Productive and enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brampton,ONJanuary 28, 2014
Very fast paced
Learned to multitask very well
Management was fare and very easy to talk to
The job could get stressful, and I learned to work very well under stress
Productive and well protected
REGISTERED NUTRITIONIST-DIETITIAN/FREELANCE RND (Former Employee), PhilippinesJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: free accomodation and free food allowance.
Cons: patients cannot understand english.
In the hospital we usually work for 8 hrs a day.from 8am to 5pm.I ve learned a lot from the hospital most especially when giving diet to the patients that include patient education.During the supervision of the staff, i don't find much difficulty because they follow the rules and regulation.The management of the hospital is good .My workers are respectful and we build a good rapport to each other.However the hardest part of the job is when Holy Ramadan comes , we usually comes for work very early in the morning.by 3 shifting.then of course ,the most enjoyable part of the job, is when we receive our salary.

In Health and Wellness, I usually work for 8 hrs but there a target ,i had to do Nutrition counselling for 80 consult meaning 80 shoppers.Management is okay.then my co workers is okay because we had a unity.The hardest part is when there is no shoppers in the supermarket, we will not be able to meet the target.As usual the enjoyable part is when salary comes.
can goods, snocks,cheez, noonfood , ang food
Merchandiser (Former Employee), quesonDecember 20, 2013
Cons: depend
inventory, saletook, b.o gathering,refill items,, ast the customer
A well run company with excellent leadership and values
Channel Category Sales Director (Former Employee), North York, ONJune 28, 2013
Pros: highly collaborative culture
Cons: minimal opportunities for advancement in canada
Nestle is a well run organization with excellent leadership and strong people who are highly collaborative. Nestle does a great job of providing opportunities for cross functional moves within the business. Nestle's promotes from within and seeks to develop it's people through providing opportunities for growth both in country and internationally.
Season work, get to keep cool
Palatizing (Current Employee), London, ONJune 9, 2013
Pros: free ice cream
Work in a cold room handling ice cream all day
Close interaction with fellow employee's
Standard work place
SAP FICO Consultant (Current Employee), CAJanuary 29, 2013
• Implemented 2 full life cycles of FICO projects in General Ledger (GL), New- GL, Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Asset Accounting (AA) CCA, Internal Orders, COPA, EC-PCA, and integration experience with MM, SD, PP.
• Expertise in applying Project Planning and Design including Vision, Blue Print, Configuration, Data Migration, Unit testing, Integration testing, End User Training, Cut-Over, Deliver, Go-Live and Post Go-Live.
• Efficient in analyzing the Business Requirements, needs and Objectives and Mapping them as per SAP processes, solutions and products that are being implemented
• Extensive experience of Financial Accounting (FI) Customization, Configuration and Testing in Classic General Ledger Accounting FI-G/L and New G/L, Accounts Payable FI-A/P, Accounts Receivable FI-A/R, FI- SPL (Special Purpose Ledger), Fixed Asset and Asset Accounting FI-AA in highly Complex Business Environment.

About Nestlé

Nestlé is the world's largest food and nutrition company. Founded and headquartered in Vevey, Switzerland, Nestlé – Read more