Nestlé Employee Reviews in Canada

Great company to work for
Customer Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 13, 2016
The culture of the company is great. Everyone is supportive and willing to help. The industry is in very competitive and fast paced market which creates unique challenges along with opportunities for personal and professional growth. I have learned many valuable skills such as time management, communication skills, worked on different systems such as Trade Insights, SAP, Retail Link and others.
Pros
Great Culture
Supervisor Trade Assets (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMarch 3, 2016
I enjoyed working with my coworkers and Superiors. Nestle Canada strives on Safety, giving their employees great benefit packages and strives for excellence. At times, this was hard to attain but we all pulled together to get the tasks completed. Nestle honours the work-life balance.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Long hours when needed
Not much of work/life balance. High demand environment
Manager, Product and Inventory Costing (Former Employee) –  North York, ONOctober 1, 2015
It is a good company to work for. Depend on your immediate team one may have a great time at work or not!
Executive team did not have a clear vision, at least while I was there.
Great test kitchen and company store.
IT team was not very responsive of the required changes in other business units for more efficiency and productivity initiatives.
Pros
Executive team had a good handle of all employees commitments and performance
Cons
Lack of work/life balance
Fun enjoyable environment created by each employee
Dispatch - Operator (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 13, 2016
With dispatch work it was important to be on time in order to open the phone lines on time. Breaks where well scheduled and each dispatcher was recognised by management. It was a fast pace environment with all the tools needed to accomplish our service goals.
Pros
Respectful environment with service driven
Cons
Fast pace environment which can cause some stress
Productive and good work ethics
General Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto , OntarioSeptember 28, 2015
Excellent Company to work for with good benefits and workplace environment.

Co-workers are very helpful and not bossy.

Management is very co-operative . Always there if you have any problem.

Hard to keep still because you see everyone working so hard , you tend to put in your best.

Feel satisfied at the end of the day with the job done.
My first Job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Special EventsApril 19, 2016
Nestle was my first job, and standing in the sun for ten hours wasn't what I preferred. I like moving around and not standing in one place, but since it was my first job I couldn't really complain. I was alone for the most part, because I would be standing alone and just be promoting the ice cream products to customers. It was a seasonal job.
Pros
Free Ice Cream
Cons
Hard to stand in one place
Slow paced environment with SOPs enforced heavily
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 11, 2016
A typical day at work is always pre-set.
Co workers are very friendly and the management team is always there for guidance.
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Operations) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 9, 2015
Through my past 5 years of Quality Assurance experience with industry leading companies (Nestlé & Maple Lodge Farms Inc.) I have gained a fest amount of experience of quality operating systems, TPM (Total Performance Management), Food Safety / Bioterrorism, Microbiological Testing, Leadership development (Nestle Grow Model), C.T.P (Nestle Certified Trainer Program). I manage all document requirements; conduct internal audits and other updates to the systems.
Fun and easy place with stimulating challenges
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  TorontoAugust 7, 2016
Part of the pilot project for data migration. Great learning curve on database functions, Very considerate management and great place to work with multi cultural people.
Upbeat environment
Baker (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCDecember 2, 2015
I enjoyed learning the ins and outs of a bakery. There were many opportunities to learn new baking and decorating skills, in particular, cookie cake decorating skills.
A typical day included baking cookies, decorating 1-5 cakes, preparing a variety of desserts, and maintaining store cleanliness.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hours without breaks
good coworkers, management are useless
operator (Current Employee) –  guelphMay 5, 2015
awesome peope to work with, friendly and helpfulbut the management or resources are useless, the only one that was decent just quit after a long long time to go elsewhere. Favouritism is everywhere, no job advancement if your not a favourite. You dont have any chance of getting hired from temp contracts. I had 8 people in my orientation who had been there fir a 3rd time...

Way to much paoerwork that they force you to care about, care cards fsbo cards etc. No one cares but you get complained at but they dont act on any suggestions... Pointless.

The line 7/8 resource is useless.. No idea how she got that job but watch out for that persons back stabbing
Pros
cheap nestle products
Cons
management are useless
One of best place to work
Tax Analyst (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONMay 16, 2016
Nestle Canada Inc has a friendly environment with supportive co-workers "friend helps friend" is their slogan.
I got a good experience in one of the biggest retail industry in Canada.
fun fast pace environment
(Fruit Feeder/Packer (seasonal) ) (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 16, 2016
my job entailed:
- adding ingredients by way of hopper to ice cream
- worked as a team to make sure product was up to standard
- learned how to supervise other workers
- enjoyed the camaraderie that was formed
Pros
fun environment
Cons
seasonal
Great Multinational CPG company
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  OntarioDecember 9, 2015
Work hard and play hard concept!

Very exciting and filled with sense of achievement. Great team players and superb mentorship.

Would love to rejoin!
productive workplace
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2016
We believe all foods and beverages can be part of a healthy lifestyle, and we provide portion and calorie-controlled options across many of our most popular brands. We’re also actively working to reduce sodium, sugar and fats in our products, while making sure they taste as good as, or even better than, the original.
Productive and safe work environment
Packer (Former Employee) –  London, ONOctober 17, 2015
Fun work place with encouraging employees, great safety team, and room for advancements. Very determined to have a safe work environment, and have everyone leave the same way the arrived. Everyone was very friendly and helpful and enthusiastic about asking for help and keeping each other happy.
Pros
Free ice cream on breaks
Cons
unstable schedule
Barista / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 21, 2015
Management was terrible, never paid on time and could never take time off since there was not enough people to cover shifts.
Nestle
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 28, 2016
I have work for VersaCold - Nestle for a bit, its very cold in there i believe its like -25, but working there i don't find hard cause you were only picking ice cream & pizza's. at times working you there you would definitely need 1hr break cause it was really cold up in that place but again i have no problem with them there were okay..
Friendly workplace who works with your schedule
Packer (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 8, 2016
All employees were friendly and liked to talk and help one another out. If there was an issue with your schedule or any chance of having to take days off, the company worked around it to make it work. For seasonal workers, we would move to different jobs throughout the week which made it more interesting.
Worst job I've ever had.
FRONTLINE TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON (Rideau Location)December 8, 2015
The owner was cheap and didn't care about his employees - always left us working by ourselves and kept the store open past close "just in case more customers came". Skimped out on quality AND quantity of ingredients we served to people. Once bought brownies from Costco and sold them for $2.00 each in the store.... Nestle is also a pretty evil company overall so, yeah, don't work here.
Pros
You can eat a cookie every day

4.2