Nestlé Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Customer Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 13, 2016
The culture of the company is great. Everyone is supportive and willing to help. The industry is in very competitive and fast paced market which creates unique challenges along with opportunities for personal and professional growth. I have learned many valuable skills such as time management, communication skills, worked on different systems such as Trade Insights, SAP, Retail Link and others.
Pros
Great Culture
Productive and good work ethics
General Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto , OntarioSeptember 28, 2015
Excellent Company to work for with good benefits and workplace environment.

Co-workers are very helpful and not bossy.

Management is very co-operative . Always there if you have any problem.

Hard to keep still because you see everyone working so hard , you tend to put in your best.

Feel satisfied at the end of the day with the job done.
Well organized factory lines, efficient working space
Factory Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 28, 2016
Before working at Nestle, one should be aware of its fast paced environment. This may be overwhelming for some, however it enhanced my adaptive skills, which was necessary to survive. I learned how to run and work all the lines, as well as to defuse tension between coworkers. Managers and head supervisors were kind, and great leaders. While the work was tedious and harsh, it was a good learning experience.
Pros
Cons
fast pace environment
worked for them in two provinces Alberta and Ontario
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 17, 2016
I loved working for them in both provinces. We had Ice Cream tastings twice a year, spring and fall. The Company believed in taking our advice to make the ice creams being asked for by the public. That is why we still have tiger ice cream to this day. I left the company only because my daughter was having my second grand child and wanted to move back to Alberta.
Pros
all the fun we had tasting ice creams
Cons
none that i remember
Supervisor Trade Assets (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMarch 3, 2016
I enjoyed working with my coworkers and Superiors. Nestle Canada strives on Safety, giving their employees great benefit packages and strives for excellence. At times, this was hard to attain but we all pulled together to get the tasks completed. Nestle honours the work-life balance.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Long hours when needed
Really backwards company
Sales rep (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 29, 2016
Company spends more time trying to figure out how to optimize employees like they're automatons. Also the upper management is completely out of touch of how day to day operations are like and absolutely refuse to explain their decisions leaving everyone in the dark as to what is going on.
Nice plce to work .
Production Officer (Current Employee) –  Punjab,indiSeptember 21, 2016
Nestle is one of the best leading company . Compliance is followed here without any failure . Like nobody is allowed to work more than 60 hr in a week nd no one can cross 6+1 compliance i.e employee has to take off after 6 days .
Pros
Food here is awesm and only for rupee 1
Fun and easy place with stimulating challenges
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  TorontoAugust 7, 2016
Part of the pilot project for data migration. Great learning curve on database functions, Very considerate management and great place to work with multi cultural people.
My first Job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Special EventsApril 19, 2016
Nestle was my first job, and standing in the sun for ten hours wasn't what I preferred. I like moving around and not standing in one place, but since it was my first job I couldn't really complain. I was alone for the most part, because I would be standing alone and just be promoting the ice cream products to customers. It was a seasonal job.
Pros
Free Ice Cream
Cons
Hard to stand in one place
not much fun left to pursue a happy work culture
Millwright mechanic (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONSeptember 18, 2016
too many chiefs and not enough indians , take you ideas and make them theirs to be able to shine to upper management, not organized
Pros
non
Professional yet comfortable environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 31, 2016
Great co-workers, unity between departments, and forward thinking. Days were always busy and full of new learning opportunities.
Not much of work/life balance. High demand environment
Manager, Product and Inventory Costing (Former Employee) –  North York, ONOctober 1, 2015
It is a good company to work for. Depend on your immediate team one may have a great time at work or not!
Executive team did not have a clear vision, at least while I was there.
Great test kitchen and company store.
IT team was not very responsive of the required changes in other business units for more efficiency and productivity initiatives.
Pros
Executive team had a good handle of all employees commitments and performance
Cons
Lack of work/life balance
Fun enjoyable environment created by each employee
Dispatch - Operator (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 13, 2016
With dispatch work it was important to be on time in order to open the phone lines on time. Breaks where well scheduled and each dispatcher was recognised by management. It was a fast pace environment with all the tools needed to accomplish our service goals.
Pros
Respectful environment with service driven
Cons
Fast pace environment which can cause some stress
One of best place to work
Tax Analyst (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONMay 16, 2016
Nestle Canada Inc has a friendly environment with supportive co-workers "friend helps friend" is their slogan.
I got a good experience in one of the biggest retail industry in Canada.
fun fast pace environment
(Fruit Feeder/Packer (seasonal) ) (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 16, 2016
my job entailed:
- adding ingredients by way of hopper to ice cream
- worked as a team to make sure product was up to standard
- learned how to supervise other workers
- enjoyed the camaraderie that was formed
Pros
fun environment
Cons
seasonal
Productive and well protected
REGISTERED NUTRITIONIST-DIETITIAN/FREELANCE RND (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJanuary 18, 2014
In the hospital we usually work for 8 hrs a day.from 8am to 5pm.I ve learned a lot from the hospital most especially when giving diet to the patients that include patient education.During the supervision of the staff, i don't find much difficulty because they follow the rules and regulation.The management of the hospital is good .My workers are respectful and we build a good rapport to each other.However the hardest part of the job is when Holy Ramadan comes , we usually comes for work very early in the morning.by 3 shifting.then of course ,the most enjoyable part of the job, is when we receive our salary.

In Health and Wellness, I usually work for 8 hrs but there a target ,i had to do Nutrition counselling for 80 consult meaning 80 shoppers.Management is okay.then my co workers is okay because we had a unity.The hardest part is when there is no shoppers in the supermarket, we will not be able to meet the target.As usual the enjoyable part is when salary comes.
Pros
free accomodation and free food allowance.
Cons
patients cannot understand english.
productive workplace
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2016
We believe all foods and beverages can be part of a healthy lifestyle, and we provide portion and calorie-controlled options across many of our most popular brands. We’re also actively working to reduce sodium, sugar and fats in our products, while making sure they taste as good as, or even better than, the original.
Upbeat environment
Baker (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCDecember 2, 2015
I enjoyed learning the ins and outs of a bakery. There were many opportunities to learn new baking and decorating skills, in particular, cookie cake decorating skills.
A typical day included baking cookies, decorating 1-5 cakes, preparing a variety of desserts, and maintaining store cleanliness.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hours without breaks
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Operations) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 9, 2015
Through my past 5 years of Quality Assurance experience with industry leading companies (Nestlé & Maple Lodge Farms Inc.) I have gained a fest amount of experience of quality operating systems, TPM (Total Performance Management), Food Safety / Bioterrorism, Microbiological Testing, Leadership development (Nestle Grow Model), C.T.P (Nestle Certified Trainer Program). I manage all document requirements; conduct internal audits and other updates to the systems.
Nestle
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 28, 2016
I have work for VersaCold - Nestle for a bit, its very cold in there i believe its like -25, but working there i don't find hard cause you were only picking ice cream & pizza's. at times working you there you would definitely need 1hr break cause it was really cold up in that place but again i have no problem with them there were okay..

4.2