Nestlé

Nestlé Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Worst Place I`ve Ever Worked For
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Nestle Waters GuelphSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: cheap water
Cons: harassment, too many managers, no employee appreciation ect..
Ok I`m going to be completely honest with you here. Nestle waters does not value it`s employees. If you`re not part of the favorites group then you will be targeted for termination. I`ve never seen such a high turnover rate in all my years of working. The job itself is boring and far too easy. If you`re lazy then you`ll love it there but you need to get in well with the managers and become part of their clique. If not then they will harass you to no end, they will write you up for things that you never did and fabricate stories so they can build a false history record on you. If you argue with them then they will send you to mandatory counseling for anger management. They are very shady and sneaky and will boot you out the door as soon as they have enough incidents on your record. HR will do nothing for you since they are on the same side as management. I`ve seen them do this to over 15 people in a span of 2 years. If you`re a student and only interested in working there on a seasonal basis then you`ll be fine. Don`t work here looking for full time though. They desperately need a union to protect their workers. On day shift they have about 40 managers who have nothing to do so they walk the floor and harass the operators.
Lazy Mans Dream Job
Palettizer (Former Employee), London, ONJune 3, 2014
Pros: free ice cream and cheap to buy at company store, clean.
Cons: lousy wages, stuck up union, family and friends only need apply.
Another family and friends company. Most who work there are, and if you get hired on at the paltry 11 bucks an hour as a part timer with no connections, start looking for another job because they have a revolving door for you. The company is unionized and they give all the part timers the harder jobs, which really aren't that hard, while the full timers there site around and do very little. I actually saw one lady laying down on the job while she was supposed to be watching the Hardners. She would lay down on these huge sheets of cardboard then pull a couple of them over herself to take a little nap. Management seems to do very little to discipline these lazy unionized workers. They treat the part timers like low life scum as though we just got off welfare. Don't expect advancement with this favoritism company as you will have a hard time getting into the buddy buddy group unless you are a great butt sucker.
Productive and well protected
REGISTERED NUTRITIONIST-DIETITIAN/FREELANCE RND (Former Employee), PhilippinesJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: free accomodation and free food allowance.
Cons: patients cannot understand english.
In the hospital we usually work for 8 hrs a day.from 8am to 5pm.I ve learned a lot from the hospital most especially when giving diet to the patients that include patient education.During the supervision of the staff, i don't find much difficulty because they follow the rules and regulation.The management of the hospital is good .My workers are respectful and we build a good rapport to each other.However the hardest part of the job is when Holy Ramadan comes , we usually comes for work very early in the morning.by 3 shifting.then of course ,the most enjoyable part of the job, is when we receive our salary.

In Health and Wellness, I usually work for 8 hrs but there a target ,i had to do Nutrition counselling for 80 consult meaning 80 shoppers.Management is okay.then my co workers is okay because we had a unity.The hardest part is when there is no shoppers in the supermarket, we will not be able to meet the target.As usual the enjoyable part is when salary comes.
Nice people to work with locally but managed from aternative location.
Shipper/ Receiver / Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 18, 2015
Pros: training trips to florida
Cons: distant management
My day started with a review of items still open from previous day, Next I would prepare for the present day. I attended daily production meetings with the other members of the team I was working with. We would review the requirements of the production and shipping schedule. The people I worked with are very nice and are fun to work with.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the demand for older model equipment and parts. Some orders required hours of searching other offsite inventories to find what was needed.
The best part of my job was seeing everything completed for my day at the end of my day. Something's required more then one day to complete and they carried over, but at the end of my day things were as they should be.
Local management was good, but all senior management was located in America, and interaction was low.
good coworkers, management are useless
operator (Current Employee), guelphMay 5, 2015
Pros: cheap nestle products
Cons: management are useless
awesome peope to work with, friendly and helpfulbut the management or resources are useless, the only one that was decent just quit after a long long time to go elsewhere. Favouritism is everywhere, no job advancement if your not a favourite. You dont have any chance of getting hired from temp contracts. I had 8 people in my orientation who had been there fir a 3rd time...

Way to much paoerwork that they force you to care about, care cards fsbo cards etc. No one cares but you get complained at but they dont act on any suggestions... Pointless.

The line 7/8 resource is useless.. No idea how she got that job but watch out for that persons back stabbing
Standard work place
SAP FICO Consultant (Current Employee), CAJanuary 29, 2013
• Implemented 2 full life cycles of FICO projects in General Ledger (GL), New- GL, Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Asset Accounting (AA) CCA, Internal Orders, COPA, EC-PCA, and integration experience with MM, SD, PP.
• Expertise in applying Project Planning and Design including Vision, Blue Print, Configuration, Data Migration, Unit testing, Integration testing, End User Training, Cut-Over, Deliver, Go-Live and Post Go-Live.
• Efficient in analyzing the Business Requirements, needs and Objectives and Mapping them as per SAP processes, solutions and products that are being implemented
• Extensive experience of Financial Accounting (FI) Customization, Configuration and Testing in Classic General Ledger Accounting FI-G/L and New G/L, Accounts Payable FI-A/P, Accounts Receivable FI-A/R, FI- SPL (Special Purpose Ledger), Fixed Asset and Asset Accounting FI-AA in highly Complex Business Environment.
You are the best programer
System Analyst/Project Leader (Former Employee), North York, ONMarch 19, 2014
Pros: employees can buy nestle product with discount price
Cons: paid parking
There was a Finance Director always told everyone that I was the best programer. During that period, I customized Ms Excel spreadsheets to link with mainframe database. I hid most of menus and displayed only what needed. I trained Inventory Planners how to use these spreadsheets. One day, he stopped me at lunch in the cafeteria and shouted that my spreadsheet driving him crazy, all the menus are gone. Being humiliated suddenly, I was numb. Later, I found out that he asked an Inventory Planner for a copy. After viewing it, instead of exiting Ms Excel and reopening other spreadsheets, he tried to open from the customized workbook and it blocked him...
I spend 18 years in Nestle
Globe Manager (Current Employee), CairoNovember 4, 2012
Pros: learned a lot and i like working in this company
Nestle was a great teacher for me. I learned
the knowledge of SAP in function and business
The knowledge of most the business from finance, WM, customer service and production
The softskills like mangement and leadership
effective listening
Motivate the employees to achieve our objective
Nestle continous excellence and seven Sigma

The most enjoyable part is the new initiative and the project to support the expension of the business

A typical day
Follow the status of the project with project managers
Checking the KPI of SLA
Checking the issues that we have
Meeting with stakeholders
No Stress - Fun Work
Retail Field Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: each day is different in terms of customer relations
Cons: not enough work to make me happy
This has been a wonderful learning experience. Merchandising is fun as it still allows me to hone my business development skills and customer service skills. Management for the most part does not micro-manage, which is a plus in this position. Co-workers are fabulous. There is no difficult part about this position. The most enjoyable part is the independence, the responsibility and meeting new people.
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Operations) (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 9, 2015
Through my past 5 years of Quality Assurance experience with industry leading companies (Nestlé & Maple Lodge Farms Inc.) I have gained a fest amount of experience of quality operating systems, TPM (Total Performance Management), Food Safety / Bioterrorism, Microbiological Testing, Leadership development (Nestle Grow Model), C.T.P (Nestle Certified Trainer Program). I manage all document requirements; conduct internal audits and other updates to the systems.
Too long ago
Business Development Representative (Former Employee), CalgaryOctober 3, 2014
Pros: lunch allowances
Cons: large company with a significant hiarchy
It wouldn't be fair for me to rate this company as there has been a lot of changes since I left. They have strong brands, mostly through acquisition.They provided me with the opportunities that helped me land my current position, and as I look back on the experience, I learned a lot, but I've been much happier since I left their employ.
Staff were great to work with. Always changing and improving systems to benefit the business.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), BramptonMarch 24, 2015
My job at Nestle was always a challenge and keeping us on our toes. Never a dull moment at Nestle. Staff was a pleasure to work with and always there to help if need be. Management was very caring and interested in improving the work environment.
I am very thankful for the opportunity to be apart of such a great company.
A well run company with excellent leadership and values
Channel Category Sales Director (Former Employee), North York, ONJune 28, 2013
Pros: highly collaborative culture
Cons: minimal opportunities for advancement in canada
Nestle is a well run organization with excellent leadership and strong people who are highly collaborative. Nestle does a great job of providing opportunities for cross functional moves within the business. Nestle's promotes from within and seeks to develop it's people through providing opportunities for growth both in country and internationally.
Long hours and don't get hurt
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Guelph, OntarioMay 29, 2014
Pros: not many
Cons: hours, breakneck pace, no break coverage
I worked as an agency employee at the Guelph location.
As soon as I had an injury they let me go and tried to disavow the injury.
It ended up being not serious but I was in for a long drawn out process if it had of been.
Fun enjoyable environment created by each employee
Dispatch - Operator (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: Respectful environment with service driven
Cons: Fast pace environment which can cause some stress
With dispatch work it was important to be on time in order to open the phone lines on time. Breaks where well scheduled and each dispatcher was recognised by management. It was a fast pace environment with all the tools needed to accomplish our service goals.
It was very beneficial especially SEASON READY
Encore Marketing (Former Employee), Oakville, ONAugust 20, 2012
Pros: meeting exciting people
Cons: there were no cons for me. i thoroughly enjoyed my job.
A typical day was very rewarding and beneficial. I learned a lot about ice cream. Co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was cleaning freezers. The most enjoyable was meeting and talking with all kinds of people.
Upbeat environment
Baker (Former Employee), Surrey, BCDecember 2, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: Long hours without breaks
I enjoyed learning the ins and outs of a bakery. There were many opportunities to learn new baking and decorating skills, in particular, cookie cake decorating skills.
A typical day included baking cookies, decorating 1-5 cakes, preparing a variety of desserts, and maintaining store cleanliness.
overall was a good place to work
Western Region Coordinator - Ice Cream Division (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 9, 2012
Pros: family orientated
Cons: salary could have been higher
- alot of variety
- i learned that you can have a boss that values and appreciates you
- very little training
- management toward the end was very good
- had fun with alot of the coworkers
Senior Preparation Operator (Current Employee), Trenton, ONMarch 10, 2014
Operate Cook centres and be safe
how to use steam kettles and work to nestles high standerds
Let you work and trusted you
Great people to work with
Not knowing what time you will start or finish consitently
Working in such a fast pace industry
Excellent Company to work for
Trade Marketing Manager Dry Goods (Former Employee), EgyptMay 7, 2015
Pros: Training and advancement, employee belonging, good environment
Cons: salaries were a bit below market
Excellent place to learn and enjoy your work. Nestle is a very good employer with a very honorable mission to improve people's lives through providing goo food.
Links