Nestlé

1.8K reviews

Nestlé Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun enjoyable environment created by each employee
Dispatch - Operator (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: Respectful environment with service driven
Cons: Fast pace environment which can cause some stress
With dispatch work it was important to be on time in order to open the phone lines on time. Breaks where well scheduled and each dispatcher was recognised by management. It was a fast pace environment with all the tools needed to accomplish our service goals.
Great Multinational CPG company
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), OntarioDecember 9, 2015
Work hard and play hard concept!

Very exciting and filled with sense of achievement. Great team players and superb mentorship.

Would love to rejoin!
Upbeat environment
Baker (Former Employee), Surrey, BCDecember 2, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: Long hours without breaks
I enjoyed learning the ins and outs of a bakery. There were many opportunities to learn new baking and decorating skills, in particular, cookie cake decorating skills.
A typical day included baking cookies, decorating 1-5 cakes, preparing a variety of desserts, and maintaining store cleanliness.
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Operations) (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 9, 2015
Through my past 5 years of Quality Assurance experience with industry leading companies (Nestlé & Maple Lodge Farms Inc.) I have gained a fest amount of experience of quality operating systems, TPM (Total Performance Management), Food Safety / Bioterrorism, Microbiological Testing, Leadership development (Nestle Grow Model), C.T.P (Nestle Certified Trainer Program). I manage all document requirements; conduct internal audits and other updates to the systems.
Productive Work place
Financial Analyst- Trade Spending (Current Employee), North York, ONNovember 8, 2015
a Dynamic and productive company where can an employee learn and grow. Most Managers are supportive and professional.
Fun fast-paced environment to work
Packer (Former Employee), London, ONAugust 28, 2015
- package ice cream straight off the production line
- co-workers were very friendly and treated every person equal
- hardest part of the job was keeping up with the production line
- the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with different people every day
Good benefits and healthy culture
Information Technology (Former Employee), North York, ONMay 27, 2015
Pros: nestle product discounts at employee stores
I enjoyed the culture, people were friendly and I learned lots from my co-workers. My management has always been great,
Excellent Company to work for
Trade Marketing Manager Dry Goods (Former Employee), EgyptMay 7, 2015
Pros: Training and advancement, employee belonging, good environment
Cons: salaries were a bit below market
Excellent place to learn and enjoy your work. Nestle is a very good employer with a very honorable mission to improve people's lives through providing goo food.
good coworkers, management are useless
operator (Current Employee), guelphMay 5, 2015
Pros: cheap nestle products
Cons: management are useless
awesome peope to work with, friendly and helpfulbut the management or resources are useless, the only one that was decent just quit after a long long time to go elsewhere. Favouritism is everywhere, no job advancement if your not a favourite. You dont have any chance of getting hired from temp contracts. I had 8 people in my orientation who had been there fir a 3rd time...

Way to much paoerwork that they force you to care about, care cards fsbo cards etc. No one cares but you get complained at but they dont act on any suggestions... Pointless.

The line 7/8 resource is useless.. No idea how she got that job but watch out for that persons back stabbing
Staff were great to work with. Always changing and improving systems to benefit the business.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), BramptonMarch 24, 2015
My job at Nestle was always a challenge and keeping us on our toes. Never a dull moment at Nestle. Staff was a pleasure to work with and always there to help if need be. Management was very caring and interested in improving the work environment.
I am very thankful for the opportunity to be apart of such a great company.
Nice people to work with locally but managed from aternative location.
Shipper/ Receiver / Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 18, 2015
Pros: training trips to florida
Cons: distant management
My day started with a review of items still open from previous day, Next I would prepare for the present day. I attended daily production meetings with the other members of the team I was working with. We would review the requirements of the production and shipping schedule. The people I worked with are very nice and are fun to work with.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the demand for older model equipment and parts. Some orders required hours of searching other offsite inventories to find what was needed.
The best part of my job was seeing everything completed for my day at the end of my day. Something's required more then one day to complete and they carried over, but at the end of my day things were as they should be.
Local management was good, but all senior management was located in America, and interaction was low.
Good work environment
Human Resources/Corporate Admin Specialist (Former Employee), North YorkFebruary 1, 2015
Fun place to work.
Good work environment, flexable hours
Challenging work, room for advancement
Fast paced.
Please see resume for details.
Productive days
Barista (Current Employee), Bramalea, ONJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: pleasant staff
Cons: limited breaks
Enjoyed working with the staff, pleasant environment. Most days worked independently so learned to be self-sufficient
Good people
Security Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioOctober 5, 2014
Pros: discount on nestle products
Cons: little room for growth
Good people. Little room for advancement Over all good place to work. Great experience.
Too long ago
Business Development Representative (Former Employee), CalgaryOctober 3, 2014
Pros: lunch allowances
Cons: large company with a significant hiarchy
It wouldn't be fair for me to rate this company as there has been a lot of changes since I left. They have strong brands, mostly through acquisition.They provided me with the opportunities that helped me land my current position, and as I look back on the experience, I learned a lot, but I've been much happier since I left their employ.
Worst Place I`ve Ever Worked For
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Nestle Waters GuelphSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: cheap water
Cons: harassment, too many managers, no employee appreciation ect..
Ok I`m going to be completely honest with you here. Nestle waters does not value it`s employees. If you`re not part of the favorites group then you will be targeted for termination. I`ve never seen such a high turnover rate in all my years of working. The job itself is boring and far too easy. If you`re lazy then you`ll love it there but you need to get in well with the managers and become part of their clique. If not then they will harass you to no end, they will write you up for things that you never did and fabricate stories so they can build a false history record on you. If you argue with them then they will send you to mandatory counseling for anger management. They are very shady and sneaky and will boot you out the door as soon as they have enough incidents on your record. HR will do nothing for you since they are on the same side as management. I`ve seen them do this to over 15 people in a span of 2 years. If you`re a student and only interested in working there on a seasonal basis then you`ll be fine. Don`t work here looking for full time though. They desperately need a union to protect their workers. On day shift they have about 40 managers who have nothing to do so they walk the floor and harass the operators.
Lazy Mans Dream Job
Palettizer (Former Employee), London, ONJune 3, 2014
Pros: free ice cream and cheap to buy at company store, clean.
Cons: lousy wages, stuck up union, family and friends only need apply.
Another family and friends company. Most who work there are, and if you get hired on at the paltry 11 bucks an hour as a part timer with no connections, start looking for another job because they have a revolving door for you. The company is unionized and they give all the part timers the harder jobs, which really aren't that hard, while the full timers there site around and do very little. I actually saw one lady laying down on the job while she was supposed to be watching the Hardners. She would lay down on these huge sheets of cardboard then pull a couple of them over herself to take a little nap. Management seems to do very little to discipline these lazy unionized workers. They treat the part timers like low life scum as though we just got off welfare. Don't expect advancement with this favoritism company as you will have a hard time getting into the buddy buddy group unless you are a great butt sucker.
Long hours and don't get hurt
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Guelph, OntarioMay 29, 2014
Pros: not many
Cons: hours, breakneck pace, no break coverage
I worked as an agency employee at the Guelph location.
As soon as I had an injury they let me go and tried to disavow the injury.
It ended up being not serious but I was in for a long drawn out process if it had of been.
night job
Cleaner (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 8, 2014
Pros: hands on work
Cons: ..
worth every min of it learned lot of hands on work exp
the cleaning part was eazy its was the long night shift that did in the long run other then that it was one of the best job I had so far would work there over any other job ,
You are the best programer
System Analyst/Project Leader (Former Employee), North York, ONMarch 19, 2014
Pros: employees can buy nestle product with discount price
Cons: paid parking
There was a Finance Director always told everyone that I was the best programer. During that period, I customized Ms Excel spreadsheets to link with mainframe database. I hid most of menus and displayed only what needed. I trained Inventory Planners how to use these spreadsheets. One day, he stopped me at lunch in the cafeteria and shouted that my spreadsheet driving him crazy, all the menus are gone. Being humiliated suddenly, I was numb. Later, I found out that he asked an Inventory Planner for a copy. After viewing it, instead of exiting Ms Excel and reopening other spreadsheets, he tried to open from the customized workbook and it blocked him...
Links