Nestlé Employee Reviews

Joined Nestle as a 18+ years old intern and rose to the position of Business Dev. Manager - Exports. Have travelled around the world promoting brands
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Overseas5 December 2016
I joined the company as a 18+ intern and learned my way up as a senior manager.

I have promoted an international product which was only produced in the country I worked in and as a result travelled promoting the product to over 20 countries around the world.

Nestle was all I knew until I relocated myself to Toronto Canada 9 years ago
Pros
Best salaries, best entertainment packages, best medical, car+fuel allowances, good vacations etc
Cons
Long hours, sometimes burocracy
No work-life balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2016
Always long hours never recognized, but are needed to meet deadelines regardless of limited resources. Promotions within big group of friends and not always considering if that person is qualified. They do not appreciate people who actually work hard, all they care about is whether or not you will be friendly with the management.
Amazing supportive work culture
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 October 2016
A very relaxed atmosphere where no one panics.
The colleagues are really supportive.
Company supports and invests heavily in employee development.
Amazing opportunities to try out different things.
A good and clean environment to work in.
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2016
Make the most of any work you are doing and make it interesting so you enjoy it. Work in compliance with the GMPs so that you make good food and satisfy our customers at the fullest. Follow all the standards that are provided so we can achieve the Targets provided to us in accordance with the Company Norms. Work in a good environment with proper involvement of our co-workers.
Wonderful experience, gained enormous knowledge & best experience.
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  anywhere in Canada30 September 2016
Nestle is one of the World's leading Food Industry.Its been great honor to be a part of such a huge organization.I got the opportunity to get associated with a brand like Nestle which gave me the huge platform to showcase my abilities, proficiency & strengths. It has got very ambient atmosphere where all of the employees working gets the chance to bring forward what they feel, their ideas are always welcome & always give chances to move forward in every aspect. Follows the GI's, MI's which are all same for all the Nestle's world wide.Keeps the quality of product on priority & so all the employees go with the pledge that I make quality. Great experience working here.
Really backwards company
Sales rep (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 September 2016
Company spends more time trying to figure out how to optimize employees like they're automatons. Also the upper management is completely out of touch of how day to day operations are like and absolutely refuse to explain their decisions leaving everyone in the dark as to what is going on.
Nice plce to work .
Production Officer (Current Employee) –  Punjab,indi21 September 2016
Nestle is one of the best leading company . Compliance is followed here without any failure . Like nobody is allowed to work more than 60 hr in a week nd no one can cross 6+1 compliance i.e employee has to take off after 6 days .
Pros
Food here is awesm and only for rupee 1
not much fun left to pursue a happy work culture
Millwright mechanic (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON18 September 2016
too many chiefs and not enough indians , take you ideas and make them theirs to be able to shine to upper management, not organized
Pros
non
worked for them in two provinces Alberta and Ontario
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 September 2016
I loved working for them in both provinces. We had Ice Cream tastings twice a year, spring and fall. The Company believed in taking our advice to make the ice creams being asked for by the public. That is why we still have tiger ice cream to this day. I left the company only because my daughter was having my second grand child and wanted to move back to Alberta.
Pros
all the fun we had tasting ice creams
Cons
none that i remember
Professional yet comfortable environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 August 2016
Great co-workers, unity between departments, and forward thinking. Days were always busy and full of new learning opportunities.
Well organized factory lines, efficient working space
Factory Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 August 2016
Before working at Nestle, one should be aware of its fast paced environment. This may be overwhelming for some, however it enhanced my adaptive skills, which was necessary to survive. I learned how to run and work all the lines, as well as to defuse tension between coworkers. Managers and head supervisors were kind, and great leaders. While the work was tedious and harsh, it was a good learning experience.
Pros
Cons
fast pace environment
Fun and easy place with stimulating challenges
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto7 August 2016
Part of the pilot project for data migration. Great learning curve on database functions, Very considerate management and great place to work with multi cultural people.
One of best place to work
Tax Analyst (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON16 May 2016
Nestle Canada Inc has a friendly environment with supportive co-workers "friend helps friend" is their slogan.
I got a good experience in one of the biggest retail industry in Canada.
My first Job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Special Events19 April 2016
Nestle was my first job, and standing in the sun for ten hours wasn't what I preferred. I like moving around and not standing in one place, but since it was my first job I couldn't really complain. I was alone for the most part, because I would be standing alone and just be promoting the ice cream products to customers. It was a seasonal job.
Pros
Free Ice Cream
Cons
Hard to stand in one place
fun fast pace environment
(Fruit Feeder/Packer (seasonal) ) (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 March 2016
my job entailed:
- adding ingredients by way of hopper to ice cream
- worked as a team to make sure product was up to standard
- learned how to supervise other workers
- enjoyed the camaraderie that was formed
Pros
fun environment
Cons
seasonal
Great company to work for
Customer Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 March 2016
The culture of the company is great. Everyone is supportive and willing to help. The industry is in very competitive and fast paced market which creates unique challenges along with opportunities for personal and professional growth. I have learned many valuable skills such as time management, communication skills, worked on different systems such as Trade Insights, SAP, Retail Link and others.
Pros
Great Culture
Supervisor Trade Assets (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 March 2016
I enjoyed working with my coworkers and Superiors. Nestle Canada strives on Safety, giving their employees great benefit packages and strives for excellence. At times, this was hard to attain but we all pulled together to get the tasks completed. Nestle honours the work-life balance.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Long hours when needed
productive workplace
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2016
We believe all foods and beverages can be part of a healthy lifestyle, and we provide portion and calorie-controlled options across many of our most popular brands. We’re also actively working to reduce sodium, sugar and fats in our products, while making sure they taste as good as, or even better than, the original.
Nestle
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 January 2016
I have work for VersaCold - Nestle for a bit, its very cold in there i believe its like -25, but working there i don't find hard cause you were only picking ice cream & pizza's. at times working you there you would definitely need 1hr break cause it was really cold up in that place but again i have no problem with them there were okay..
Fun enjoyable environment created by each employee
Dispatch - Operator (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 January 2016
With dispatch work it was important to be on time in order to open the phone lines on time. Breaks where well scheduled and each dispatcher was recognised by management. It was a fast pace environment with all the tools needed to accomplish our service goals.
Pros
Respectful environment with service driven
Cons
Fast pace environment which can cause some stress

4.2