Nesters Market Employee Reviews

Fun and comfortable place to work.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB17 July 2017
Working at Nesters Banff was such a great experience. From the management to the co workers- all was well. It was very comfortable working there. The manager was so approachable.
Pros
Very reachable management
Cons
No employee discount
Was best years of my life
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB23 June 2017
Living and working in Banff was amazing. The RimRock had amazing views the percs of living and working there was great way to save money. My only regret was I didn't stay longer
Pros
Room and board and meals
Cons
Far away
Poorly Run Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB23 May 2017
-Poorly run company that has no future growth opportunities
-The company uses many outdated systems
-Non-inclusive culture that does not encourage diversity
Pros
Good Co-Workers
Cons
Poorly Run Company
A wonderful team to be a part of, awesome management!
Cashier/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 February 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Nester's and was sad to go. My managers were extremely supportive and flexible to our needs. I was treated with respect, and my accomplishments did not go unrecognized!
Pros
20/20 incentive program, steady hours
Cons
Communication with payroll department
Good coworkers, bureaucratic management
Bakery Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC4 October 2016
not a bad job, but there are plenty better jobs. not difficult and therefore doesn't pay well. The employees are generally happy despite the environment being kind of rundown.
Pros
free 20$ gift card every 5 weeks
Cons
you work in the service industry
Productive work place
Back-up Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 August 2016
Great place to work and a good company. There are many opportunities to work your way up in the company, and lots of help to get you there if you want.
Fun workplace, great team, flexible hours
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 July 2016
The team at Nesters is so tight and friendly. Our managers are always working hard to ensure that the customers as well as the employees are having the best possible experience. Generally, the customers are very polite, though there are many cases of difficult people. It does get very repetitive, but as long as effort is put into satisfying the customers, they will brighten the day.
Amazing staff, flexible work hours.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Squamish, BC15 June 2016
Nesters Market has incredible staff that work together as a team. The store has excellent variety and opportunities. The manager is very whole hearted and gives back to the community with every chance he gets. The management is very flexible with each employees needs.
Pros
Amazing people, Flexible Hours
Cons
Not a lot of growth opportunities
Productive, Educational, and Fun Work Place.
Produce Worker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 May 2016
Tipical day would be delivering 110% Customer Service to any customer with in the store. Visual merchandising, stoking and facing product, along with checking dates for heath consummations.
I gained lots of knowledge of products, how to properly connect with customers, and fulfill their request. Also time management.
Management is always busy, working to fulfill us as a teams needs, but may have to ask once or twice, for reminders.
Co-workers are absolutely the best part that makes up for the whole company, enthusiastic, fun, family.
Hardest part of my job was to tell customers we currently dont have your product you want, because being part of Nesters you want to have everything for everyone.
Most enjoyable part of my job, is the seeing the smiles on our customers faces, and just getting to know the community well, and learn new things about them.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not good enough training.
A high end Grocery Retail Downtown Vancouver
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 April 2016
I was positioned as a meat staff so my duties were to make sausage from scrap, make burgers, clean floors at closing time, serve customers who request meat from behind our counter, weigh and check all meats to ensure quality and safety. My position here was really laid back I had a great management team and I loved my work. I had to relocate back to Ontario due to Vancouver Rent prices so I was upset to leave my awesome job!
Pros
In store Cafe
Cons
Great amount of intoxicated customers

Want to know more about Nesters Market?

Ask a question
Fun working environment
Grocery Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB26 November 2015
It was awesome to work with all the people there as they all belonged to different cultures and there was a lot to learn. the down side was that the management wasn't too good
Pros
awesome manager
Cons
not much pay
Gratificante experiência
OPERADOR DE CAIXA (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 March 2015
Excelente experiência no exterior. Cultura trabalhista não similar a do Brasil. Direitos e bonificações motivantes.
Pros
Valoriza o empregado
Cons
Não há contras.
enjoyable work place, fun, friendly emplyees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Squamish, BC30 March 2014
As a cashier a typical day was memorizing codes to various products of food as we ring them through the till, and greeting\assisting customers. handling various payments of cash, interact, and credit. At the end of the day we would take our till to the office and count the receipts and cash in our till.
If other departments needed help I was to gladly step in and help. I helped mostly in grocery, stalking shelves.
Management and co-workers were all very friendly and all of us worked together as a team to make a great workplace.
the hardest part of the job was memorizing all the codes to all the food products.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing friendly, familiar faces coming into the store as well as working with colleagues.
Pros
wage, friendly atmosphere, friendly people, hours
Nesters Market Kelowna - Grocery
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC17 February 2014
The shifts can become monotonous. A typical shift starts with filling dairy, sweeping the aisles, filling eggs, and gathering grocery carts left int he parking lot and around the building. The rest of the days are usually spent facing, moving stock from back stock or ends to the shelves, and following potential shoplifters. Benefits are only available for full time employees who continue to work 32 or more hours a week but these benefits also cost $100 each pay cheque. Trying to get time off can be difficulty as there are very few staff members in each department already (except bakery/deli). Several members of management seem to only be there to earn enough money to retire and will frequently leave before their time is up, take extra vacation days not listed on the schedule, and they do not appreciate any criticism. If you can get your foot in the door, it can be a fairly steady job during summer months. the rest of the year, if you're not full-time, expect to have your hours suddenly cut one week to 8 or 12 hours then jump back up to 32 or more the following. It can be all over the place and schedules are only made with one weeks notice so it can be difficult to plan any appointments, classes, or visits from family.
Pros
Easy job, does not require much thinking, friendly coworkers, decent pay with raises, friendly customers, good, central location
Cons
benefits cost more than anywhere else I've been, Managers do not listen to employees opinions, frequent shoplifters, hours can be all over the place, short staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nesters Market. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9