Wanted: User Interface Designer
About the Position:
The User Interface Designer will be a part of the newly created, small, fast-paced software development team to creatively design the interfaces for various web-based applications to enhance the business processes at Nerd Corps.
Working closely with the Project Manager, the User Interface Designer will gain a thorough understanding of project requirements and create an appropriate visual strategy for the graphical user interface of the high quality web-based applications to meet our management’s needs.
The User Interface Designer should have a passion for creating scalable and innovative web-based applications. This talented individual is proactive, creative and possesses a broad knowledge of UI design principles and best practices in the industry.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Designing and developing creative, effective, user-centric interface for web-based applications from business and functional requirements
- Creating mock-up’s and wireframes
- Presenting wireframes and design ideas to management
- Creating and documenting detailed design specifications
- Collaborating with our software development team to implement and integrate the designs into the systems
- Working closely with Project Manager to perform basic usability tests and reviews on various applications
- Defining the UI Design Patterns for web and mobile applications
- Providing recommendations on usability issues and refining designs on existing systems
- Post-secondary education in related fields or equivalent experience
- Experience in designing complex web-based applications
- Solid foundation on User Interface Design concepts and principles
- Ability to translate client’s requirements into a system design with a clean, easy-to-use, effective interface
- Knowledge of current and emerging User Interface design standards on the web and on mobile
- Good working knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of cross-browser and client-side scripting issues
- Understanding of web applications performance improvement techniques and solutions
- Ability to view issues from an end-user, technical and business requirement perspective
- Quick learner with excellent organizational skills and strong communication skills
- Very good time management skills and ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Ability to execute on a project with limited supervision
The following skills are not essential but, would be a great asset:
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology
In keeping with our focus on attracting and retaining great people Nerd Corps’ goal is to produce high calibre creatively diverse projects in a dynamic and supportive environment that promotes growth and camaraderie. The greatest asset of any company is its people and at Nerd Corps this philosophy forms the cornerstone of our vision for the future.
Located in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, Nerd Corps offers its employees the opportunity to experience the diversity and culture of one of the world’s most vibrant cities. The studio is situated within a 30 minute drive of three ski hills, several pristine beaches and countless hiking and mountain biking trails with breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean and the coastal mountain ranges.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter explaining why you feel you would be a great fit:
itrecruiting @ nerdcorps.com
(Please ensure that you state the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.)
We would like to convey our sincere thanks to all those who express interest in being a part of the Nerd Corps team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.